Russian Airliner Crashes in the Sinai Peninsula

Breaking News image
A Russian airliner has crashed in central Sinai with more than 200 people on board, the office of Egypt's prime minister has confirmed.
The Airbus A-321 had just taken off from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, on its way to the Russian city of St Petersburg.
There were conflicting reports about the fate of the plane, some suggesting it had disappeared over Cyprus.
Most of the passengers are said to be Russian tourists.
The plane is operated by the Russian airline Kogalymavia. Latest reports say it is carrying 217 passengers and seven crew.
The Russian aviation authority Rosaviatsiya said in a statement that flight 9268 left Sharm el-Sheikh at 06:51 Moscow time (03:51 GMT) and was due into St Petersburg's Pulkovo airport at 12:10.
The authority added that the aircraft failed to make scheduled contact with Cyprus air traffic control 23 minutes after take-off and disappeared from the radar.

Damb :smh:

R.I.P to the ones that lost their lives

Hoping somehow there are survivors

Probably not though

Damn man, people always say airplanes are statistically safer than cars, but if you crash on a plane, you're ******. RIP to the victims and I hope to God some survived.

Last edited:
Sharm al-Sheikh is a beautiful resort town in Egypt, these folks were just coming back from vacation man :smh:

RIP to them

Damn man, people always say airplanes are statistically safer than cars, but if you crash on a plane, you're ******. RIP to the victims and I hope to God some survived.

If you think about it though we only hear of crashes every now and then compared to the thousands of flights around the world daily. So statistically yeah it makes sense but agreed, no 9 lives in a plane crash.

No burn marks on the tail of the plane...making one expert state the odds of an outside explosion unlikely.

the plane may have possibly just broke apart. (depressureization sp? issue) along a stress point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom