Ryan Leslie has to be one of the most overrated musician vol.his new album

His new album production is okay at best. It's just not catchy at all. I'd rather listen to Colby Odonis new album.

Ryan's trying to make his songs catchy and unique but it's not catchy at all. That's when you kow it's failing.

I mean Harvard can't make you hits. I guess he's a nerdy dude. but that's it.

He prolly has less than five hits. One of em being Cassie's me and u.

Yeah he was way overhyped.

Dudes was calling him the R&B Kanye.

And I swear everyone of his song I heard from him was average as hell.

Nothing stood out at all.

Meh....I liked the album. Wasn't great, but it sure beats the hell out of all that played out R&B thug nonsense.

i dont know about yall but i had I-R-I-N-A and gibberish on repeat
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by ploisback

diamond girl was the worst song of 08
huh? had he given it to Usher that song woulda been everywhere
C3 came out in 2008 too...

I still havent gotten the album yet, I intend to do it at some point

Yea NT hyped him up crazy. Never been that impressed by his production for other people so I already went in the album expecting the worst and I got it. Itjust doesn't sound good. I see why he got so many pushbacks. I thought Diamond Girl was a solid track but its the only hot record on the album. A talentedcat but it just doesn't come out in the music.

I think the album goes fairly hard in terms of sheer entertainment. I won't put too much stock into his lyrics or what have you, but the production andoverall vibe are on point.

you really calling him overrated.. come on like he really got promotion??!!

no one was looking for him, so he just dropped a album. If his singles did better he would have gone back into the studio and recorded more. But he's justmaking music. He has numerous hits, and his beats are all over the place. he was a degree and clientele, he's doing good for himself

Damn. A lot of hate for my man R. Les in here
laugh.gif

I liked the album, its not a lassic but its good for now. Plus he's got a club banger again and we all know how important and influential that is to sales

I use to think he was gonna be the next big thing. He is very talented but like said before it doesn't come out in his music and I don't think hereally put effort into this album it seems like he did it cause he had to. Like gibberish the beat is hot the way he is singing is nice but he litterally issinging gibberish the whole song

How is he overrated when hardly anybody even knows who he is?? I like his album, it's not great but it's good to me. He makes good music, simplyput.

Back
Top Bottom