SA Sneaks Up Basketball Team

Too bad my team doesnt play y'all team this season. We suck too! Its hard to play as a team. You lost to Gabriel P team's and they are grabage. Itsfunny how the guy who runs the leauge has the best team so far.
laugh.gif
I wishwe had one good guard and it would all the difference in winning.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Too bad my team doesnt play y'all team this season. We suck too! Its hard to play as a team. You lost to Gabriel P team's and they are grabage. Its funny how the guy who runs the leauge has the best team so far.
laugh.gif
I wish we had one good guard and it would all the difference in winning.
ohwell.gif

What team are you on? And we haven't played Gabriel P's team yet. We play them on June 7th.

Its funny, because our team needs height. We have a team full of guards.

Originally Posted by bl4ze11

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Too bad my team doesnt play y'all team this season. We suck too! Its hard to play as a team. You lost to Gabriel P team's and they are grabage. Its funny how the guy who runs the leauge has the best team so far.
laugh.gif
I wish we had one good guard and it would all the difference in winning.
ohwell.gif

What team are you on? And we haven't played Gabriel P's team yet. We play them on June 7th.

Its funny, because our team needs height. We have a team full of guards.

I'm on Danny Owen J team. We have like probably 3 dudes over 6'3 with other one go the way who is suppose to be like 6'10 but I heard he's notvery good. Our problem is teams just start playing zones and we can't hit the jumpers,we cant penetrate,our spacing is all wrong and we turnover the ballalot.
laugh.gif
Then we get really negative on each other and that doesnt helpeither.
laugh.gif

Since we dont play y'all this season you want to set up a scrimmage at like Trinity?

I think one of my teammates has pretty good access to the courts.

^^ I think I remember seeing your team play the first week. You all played right after us.
I guess haveing a tall team does have its pros and cons.
laugh.gif

I don't mind scrimmaging if we can get enough guys to show up. We only have a squad of 7 right now. Just let me know what day you're looking to playand we can see whats up!

Yeah that was us.
laugh.gif
2 tall Mexicans dudes and 2 tall Blackdudes.
laugh.gif

I just texted my teammate and he said probably this 8:30PM this thursday at Trinity University.

We only need 5 on 5. Even if you can't get your starting lineup together its good to get work in with different lineups. We can play half a game(18minutes) or 2 halves. We can work on zones and man to man defenses. We can run plays against each other. You know stuf you can't get in a normal pickupgame.

Great game tonight. Not exactly GETTY IMAGES, but then again, this ain't exactly the championship finals.

Hey is that the worm going against barkley
364626205.jpg

There's the King in the shoot around
364626207.jpg

Bibby to the far right taking a 3
364626208.jpg

A sun-tanned Jason Kidd, already out of the playoffs
364626211.jpg

Spud Webb driving between the trees.
364626216.jpg

Thanks to Joesuf, Rewbea, and Chris for makin' it out last night!!
I think we had a pretty decent practice and got to work a few things.
The chemistry is starting to show itself but i still feel we need to improve on:

- making better, sharper passes. all the fancy no look passes are just a turnover
waiting to happen. don't try and thread the needle either. Also, those scoop/shovel
passes are just as bad. Pass as if you were the one recieving the ball.

- Patience. when we move the ball, we get a bucket or at least a good look. I don't see
why we refuse to do this. This is not a race. Control the ball. if you HAD an open shot
and passed it up, it doesn't mean you have the green light to shoot because you WERE open.
All this jacking up shots is killin' us. Just pull it back out.

- Knowing our roles. Its obvious theres a disparity in the skill level on this team. Just because you're
open doesn't mean you need to shoot. take a shot that you know you can hit.
Just because you get a rebound, doesn't mean you need to bring the ball up. There's plenty of guards on
the team...find one and give it to them.

Like i said this next team is going to be a lil tougher and
we have to play smart. lets get a "W".
This Sunday 8pm.

All good points!!! A few stuff to add,

1. Lets go ahead and figure out who will be our guards should be. I, for one, should never bring the ball up and I think a few other people know that theyshoudnt either, but we need to communicate this to the team. We seem to have 2 many people bringing it up. Lets designate 1 main person and then 2 nd.
Julio needs help down low and I will now demand it out of myself to help him. Jonathon, I see that u r a big help down low and would like to see u with me andJulio. We will get on the same page and call our respective side of the paint on each end so we dont crowd the front.
2. We have 2 or 3 guys that can bring it up, but 1, runs a very fast tempo and the other runs a slow style tempo and this we need to figure out out which onewe go with.
3. I knew we have good players who can hit the jumpers, but I would like to see them drive aggrressively more to the baskets. As fast and as strong as they arethe should be able to take any one if not draw the foul. Last week we made our comeback at the line, then it got a way from us and starting jacking up theball.
4. Even yesterday we pointed out a few flaws in each other, this is good and healthy. EGOs aside...
5. Trust your bigs, work it inside, u all seen Julios moves and Shawn pointed out sum stuff I used to do and have got away from. Notes were taken and noted. Wewill see the size of this team.
6. I pass to much others dont pass enough and with practice we will meet in the middle and fix this.
This Sunday lets try and not have 4 people all around the 3 point line and just 1 down low.
Gabe and B, I think u should demand some screens out of us throughout the game. Lets us know. Eye contact.

I like this Wednesday practice, I still see we need to git on the same page and feel the team is divided? I like the idea of Wednesdays being our practicetogether and Julio is right that we need to play together more so we can see our tendency, I would hate this season to be a 1 and done and all goes on theirown way. We should do it again this Wednesday.

Lets win this 1 for Rewbea, she sweated and ran her lil tail off with us last nite... arm in bandage in all.

And pray for Joesuf and Chris who felt their practice has elevated their games to go play at the Rucker this weekend. yikes.

great game last night fellas. we all played very well and actually looked
like a team out there.
next week, lets get another "W".

*edit*
Thanks to OG Mike for makin' it out!

^^ it was a hell of game too. the team was undefeated and we gave them their first loss.
Don't worry though we still have 4 games left.

[table][tr][td]Sun 6-7-09[/td] [td] 7:00 PM[/td] [td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Gabriel Palacios[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 6-14-09 [/td] [td]6:00 PM [/td] [td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Tony Hernandez[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 6-21-09[/td] [td]5:00 PM[/td] [td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Chris V[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 6-28-09[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td]Zachri Ruiz[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Gabriel Felan[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

^^^Fo' real these boys are hoopin'. I used to coach against most of those guys they beat and ironically they graduated from Southwest in 07, but theSneaks Up crew represented to the absolute fullest. Those young bloods got schooled.
A team with talent is much better than just talent. If I don't have any games scheduled for next Sunday I will definitely be there. Great teamwork, hustle,and some good smack being ran also.
"If you don't know, now you know."

OG MIKE...................Peace 1.

^^^ DAMN IM JUST GONNA KEEP ON STAYING HOME CAUSE YOU GUYS ARE ON A STREAK. I STARTED GOING U GUYS LOSE SO IM STAYING HOME. LOL CONGRATS ON THE WIN I HEARD UHAD A GOOD GAME^^^!!! .500 WHOOOOO!!!

Back
Top Bottom