Sacremento Kings - Where do you guys see this team going in the next few years?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Wheres Sacremento?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You guys are so misinformed about the Maloofs. It's like Niner fans who blame the Yorks for everything.

we all know that they want to keep the team in sactown but if they cant get a stadium in sactown they have no choice but to move them

nicedudewithin, i swear you're a freaking troll.

stop bringing in the 30point average. that doesnt mean !#*%. the kings were still losing. dont tell me the starting line up was blah blah blah.

Reke/Kmart backcourt wont work out.

and for the record, i dont want him on t he knicks. dude has a big contract, and cant even stay on court for a full damn season.

and Arco Arena sucks, fyi.

its really the only thing they have other than the galleria
ouch
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Logically Tyreke and K-Mart should be a very solid combo for years to come. It's been said here already, but Kevin is a very efficient perimeter player,who can also run the court with the best of em. Last year, the offense depended entirely on him, using more half court offense/ISOs. He put up good numbers,but his game should thrive with a comfortable Tyreke creating transition opportunities and open threes. I really don't see how we can say they won'twork out when, like mentioned earlier, they've only played a handful of games together. I'll just put it this way - how would the Kings chances haveimproved if they had K-Mart on the court at the end of regulation against the Cavs and the Lakers?

And, as appealing as TMac's $23M expiring contract is (especially combined with K9's $8M), that deal isn't getting done.

I see the Kings making a few moves...they should really be able to leverage K9's expiring, and they might be able to move Nocioni and Beno. Cisco will beback soon.

Maybe not playoffs this season, but I see a very solid 10-11 campaign (I couldn't imagine saying that without sarcasm before the season).

Originally Posted by BangDak

stop bringing in the 30point average. that doesnt mean !#*%. the kings were still losing. dont tell me the starting line up was blah blah blah.

and for the record, i dont want him on t he knicks. dude has a big contract, and cant even stay on court for a full damn season.

laugh.gif

Says the Knicks fan that gets called out by another Knicks fan for throwing out crazy trades. You also frequent the Rockets topic with your crazy trades too.SMH.

Speaking of big contract and not staying on the court... You must be talking about Jerome James and Eddy Curry. Yuck.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

To the folks that frequent the Oracle and Arco arena...have you guys ever been to any other NBA stadium? Oracle seems a little more updated than the Arco does but both stadiums are overdue for either total renovation or demolishing. The maloof brothers wanted to place a 0.1% local tax increase to help relocate the stadium downtown but it never reached the voters hands to decide. That's pretty damn selfish of a wealthy family like the Maloofs who own lucrative property across the USA. If I'm a player, a stadium isn't going to stop me from playing on an NBA team. As a fan of the NBA, it's pretty upsetting to see a stadium like Arco Arena placed right smack dead center of nowhere rotting like vacant buildings in Detroit.

I would hate to see Sacramento lose it's NBA team, it's the only major sports team they have.
Dude went at Natomas like that. Haha. Other than the Maloofs and the people helping the Kings move to a new stadium, it will be Arco until somemajor flood happens in that area.

i honestly don't see this team going anywhere anytime soon. they're obviously not gunna do anything short term. and then if we're talking longterm, there are a lot of other teams with good young talent in the west that they need to compete.

Portland
Thunder
Grizz

look at how many good lottery picks portland got and they're still not a legitimate contender even when healthy. you need multiple all-star level playersto be able to compete for a title in todays NBA, i've thought about it before ab how ridiculously hard it is to start from scratch. look at what you needto be able to compete with to be a contender

Kobe-Pau-Artest-Odom-Bynum
D12-Nelson-VC-Lewis
KG-PP-Allen-Rondo-Sheed
Carmelo-Billups-Nene-Martin- deep bench
Duncan-Parker-Ginobli-Jefferson
Lebron - 4 guys that can dribble a basketball

Right now all sac has is

Tyreke - Martin (a combo that many people are saying won't work out but we'll see how it works)

They're 2 legit stars, NOT solid role players that you can pick easily find with a lotto pick, away from even being in the discussion with the bigboys...and the better your team gets the harder the harder it is to find potential stars since you're no longer drafting as high as you once were.

Now they're just gunna need luck with getting high lotto picks/drafting well...and get in a situation where they can possibly get a KG to boston/Shaq tomiami type deal where they can get a veteran leader that can play at a high level (which imo is what portland is currently missing...Juwan Howard and AndreMiller isn't cutting it lol)

I say they're 4 years away from being a midlevel playoff team in the west unless they get MAJOR luck in future drafts and grab more ROY candidates w/ohaving a top 3 pick like they did with Evans this year

I go into every NBA Team thread here except the lakers/cavs. whats your point?

Whatever, say what yo uwant. you got your opinions, and i got mine.

And the Kings arent going to get another high lotto pick with Reke there. is that a good or bad thing?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You guys are so misinformed about the Maloofs. It's like Niner fans who blame the Yorks for everything.

we all know that they want to keep the team in sactown but if they cant get a in sactown they hae no choice but to move them

Yeah that's obvious. A few days ago 9 proposals have been submitted to the city by 9 different developers to get an arena done in Sacramento. Hopefullysomething gets worked out.

To the folks that frequent the Oracle and Arco arena...have you guys ever been to any other NBA stadium? Oracle seems a little more updated than the Arco does but both stadiums are overdue for either total renovation or demolishing.

I dont understand why people are CONSTANTLY knocking Oracle here on NT. A better question than whether or not we have been anywhere else should be have YOUactually been to Oracle? The stadium was gutted and completely renovated in the late 90's and is not nearly as bad as a lot of NTers make it out to be.

I have been to plenty of NBA stadiums. When I compare those to the Oracle (even the nicer ones), I dont see a huge, noticeable difference. So what is so badabout it that YOU guys see? Is the Oracle one of the nicest stadium in the NBA? No its not. But for so many people on here to compare it to Arco is not onlylaughable, but just shows to me that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

I read you're SN, then I read your sig...Then I skipped your post...
wait so knick fans and people from ny don't know basketball now?
roll.gif

make a thread right now about where the most knowledgeable basketball fans are from or which team has the best/most intelligent fan base as far as basketballgoes, and the answer will be the same as it is in any other thread on this board. most of the board agrees that knick fans overall have the best fan base. andno that isn't all you read. what you meant to say is

i read: "i honestly don't see this team going anywhere anytime soon." then i skipped your post.

dudes thinkin a whole entire fan base doesn't know the game because they don't see their home team doing anything big.

I read you're SN, then I read your sig...Then I skipped your post...
wait so knick fans and people from ny don't know basketball now?
roll.gif

make a thread right now about where the most knowledgeable basketball fans are from or which team has the best/most intelligent fan base as far as basketball goes, and the answer will be the same as it is in any other thread on this board. most of the board agrees that knick fans overall have the best fan base. and no that isn't all you read. what you meant to say is

i read: "i honestly don't see this team going anywhere anytime soon." then i skipped your post.
dudes thinkin a whole entire fan base doesn't know the game because they don't see their home team doing anything big.

Your fellow Knicks fan BangDak ain't helping you Knicks fan. Word to his responses to me:

Now why would any Kings fan want to listen to a Knicks fan after this.

Make a thread about crazy trades and I know who will be in it with the quickness. Haha.

bangdak has just gone insane from all the years of the knicks sucking
laugh.gif

dude even gets called out by other knicks fans haha

Originally Posted by dland24

To the folks that frequent the Oracle and Arco arena...have you guys ever been to any other NBA stadium? Oracle seems a little more updated than the Arco does but both stadiums are overdue for either total renovation or demolishing.

I dont understand why people are CONSTANTLY knocking Oracle here on NT. A better question than whether or not we have been anywhere else should be have YOU actually been to Oracle? The stadium was gutted and completely renovated in the late 90's and is not nearly as bad as a lot of NTers make it out to be.

I have been to plenty of NBA stadiums. When I compare those to the Oracle (even the nicer ones), I dont see a huge, noticeable difference. So what is so bad about it that YOU guys see? Is the Oracle one of the nicest stadium in the NBA? No its not. But for so many people on here to compare it to Arco is not only laughable, but just shows to me that you have no clue what you are talking about.
word...oracle over arco anyday

The Kings' success is gonna rely a lot more on Spencer Hawes' jumper and Kevin Martin's off ball movement a la Rip Hamilton.

If those two things happen Sacramento has a very good chance at competing in the West on a yearly basis.

nicedude, because i make stupid trade proposals, i dont know basketball? please....

Thats just straight up ignorant.

and NYC, at least im not the only one making them in our season thread
laugh.gif

nicedude, because i make stupid trade proposals, i dont know basketball? please....
indifferent.gif

No, you are really informed about the happenings of the NBA, but you just happen to make crazy trade proposals.

And you also hate Kevin Martin. Haha.

The Maloof's don't want to spend out of pocket on a new arena, which is sad.

With the economic crisis California is going through, they will not see a penny from the taxpayers for a new arena.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont understand why people are CONSTANTLY knocking Oracle here on NT. A better question than whether or not we have been anywhere else should be have YOU actually been to Oracle? The stadium was gutted and completely renovated in the late 90's and is not nearly as bad as a lot of NTers make it out to be.

I have been to plenty of NBA stadiums. When I compare those to the Oracle (even the nicer ones), I dont see a huge, noticeable difference. So what is so bad about it that YOU guys see? Is the Oracle one of the nicest stadium in the NBA? No its not. But for so many people on here to compare it to Arco is not only laughable, but just shows to me that you have no clue what you are talking about.
word...oracle over arco anyday
this. oracle already went through renovations in 96(?) and it is fine. the location is BART accessible and pretty easy to get to. as for arco,it is in the middle of nowhere and pretty far out. they need a downtown arena ASAP.

im pretty sure the maloofs want to keep the team in sacramento, but the kings really need a new stadium

Back
Top Bottom