Sad News...one of my best friends, Big Fame One has passed away

wow ... thats crazy.

i remember BFO from the avy and the OG keystyle thread from like 8 years back. was still in college, and I kinda looked up to the guy cos he was so funny andwitty and knowledgable on life issues.

unlike many of you, i never spoke to him or created a friendship outside of NT, but he was a guy i respected for his personality on the board. I really feellike someone I knew has passed when i read Carra's post.

I hope he accepted Christ before he passed and I hope he is in heaven with God right now. I hope his passing is a light to many of us, that it is never tooyoung to get a heart attack. Let's take care of ourselves and stay healthy. And let's live life doing what we love!!

R.I.P. Jake!!

I didn't know the man but it is a shock to hear anyone pass that was a member of NT and me residing close to were he is from.Shows me how small the worldis and how members of NT have made genuine friendships throughout my years of lurking.

R.I.P.

I am seriously besides myself right now in shock. My cousin mentioned this thread to me and I logged on as soon as I could get to a cpu. After reading some ofthese responses it's more than apparent how much of an impact Jake had on those who knew him and those who knew of him on NT. I will never forget the firsttime Jake reached out to me, he was the first member to ever send me a PM. From a simple request of how to make a moving signature, our conversations grew andgrew. We shared the pain of losing our mothers at a young age and had a lot in common. Cara, I still can't believe this! My favorite memories from niketalk included the Hip Hop diplomats, BFO, Premo55, SpreewellBeast and myself. Over the years I have faded away from NT, but did manage to talk to Jake. Youwill be missed my man and know now that you have rejoined your mother.

R.I.P bro, One Love

^^ we just spoke about you! glad you found this post. I've been running our recent convos through my head and having a lot of laughs. We spoke heavilyabout diving in the most recent months. I remember 2 weeks ago he was saying how happy he was to finally be taking advantage of the waters that have surroundedhim for his whole life. He had so much going on I was so happy for him.

I'd love to have one of his voicemails saved. I honestly couldn't check them while anyone was around because I'd look crazy, bursting intolaughter.

It's unfortunate that we didn't get to hang out one more time. A day with Jake stays with you forever.

My goodness, that is horrible. Rest in peace man...
frown.gif

dudes posts and replies were always interesting and relevant before this place got flooded with crap
eyes.gif

RIP

CRAZY. obviously unexpected.
I remember gettin into it with Jake circa 2002 over lakers stuff. just the fact I hated his avy and we almost got banned and I went off on dude(what a surprisehuh?) most of you nt'ers don't know about my shoxcerebral behavior that had me banned, ip banned and just nutso over 20x + easy.... but somehow,someway, I ended up being real cool with Fame.
I mean, a lot has happened and changed on NT in 7-8 years. I haven't posted or viewed NT in over 2 weeks because it's just been weird lately. I had tocome in and pay my respect for dude. 206 is the JR ewing of seattle and Fame was MixALot. sad.

I remember all those pics Muscle aka RYAN.
sorry, so sad, don't know what to say.
I remember that Seattle Summit too around 02, I think Arnette aka shoehead rolled down from Vancouver and met up with alex aka retrokid aka jumpmanst.

32 and .... f it, I don't know what else to say.

god bless.
rest with the angels.
your boy K-Town Hustler,
out

its wild to see the impact he had on so many people....even dudes he didnt actually meet.
I had a beer with him and Chris before.....saw him at Niketown too. chatted with him via Myspace and always enjoyed his responses here as well as on his blog.
Its never good when a person goes, but with all the passion he had for diving, at least I can take some small solace that he went out doing something he reallyenjoyed.
some part of me always figured me and him would become better friends somewhere down the line cause he was always a genuinely nice guy and funny too.

this is a sad weekend for sure.

rip bfo

jake was a really good dude. i remember the first time i met him, he made me feel like i'd known him forever...even offered me the hat off his head! thatwas the kind of guy he was.

RIP

damn... prayers go out...

is his fam straight?

BIG FAME ONE fund is necessary, if not.

i'ma miss chris childs knockin' the %#$+ outta kobe...

RIL.

Sup_

Wow.

Very sad news
frown.gif

Well respected graff head and all around good dude.

RIP Jake.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom