Safe to say the AJ 2010 flopped harder than Vlade Divac?

Like it's been said a zillion times, shoes cost next to nothing to make. So even if they only sell a few hundred thousand it's still a windfall.

Originally Posted by ginzanewdleshop

i copped. love the shoe. i just get tired of all the crying about quality. can you honestly sat an og pair of 4's,5's,6's,7's,8's etc... are more comfortable to ball in if you didn't cop the 09's or 10's? nope. actually, if you didn't cop you can't have an opinion on quality. they are at their core a balling shoe. 09's had premium leather, so do the 10's and yet people consider them a flop. if one year people decide to not buy bmw or mercedes benz cars would they be considered substandard poorly crafted cars? nope. fact of the matter is no like, no cop. as for me imma keep playing ball in (or wearing casually) my extremely comfortable j's that nobody else decided to cop.
My opinion.... you CAN have an opinion on quality WITHOUT buying the shoe.  Easy... you go to the store... you pick up the shoe and look at it.  Inspect it.  You try it on.  You walk in them in the store.  You run in them in the store.  That alone gives you an opinion WITHOUT buying the shoe.  Now then, a full written review is different, because then you would have to play in them for that.
Don Juan, I totally respect what you said about Vlade.  But my question for you is,  why do you think this shoe is "Great Design"?  I am really curious to hear your explanation. 

Peace.

Well I'm going to buy another pair as soon as the price drops.I think that they are just priced to high.It seems that the new Jordans are competing with the retros that are always coming out at the same time.If they dropped the price people would definately start buying them.I didn't care about the price,I liked the shoe and Im not waiting to get a group of people to say they like it before I go out and buy them.I can bet that when and if they drop the Black and UNC blue colorway that cats arent going to be complaining about the price then.Also look at the 25th anniversary's.Only 72 pair made(so far) their not numbered so I say that they will be released again but back to what i was saying.If they had a full size run for them would they also be a considered a flop?I hope all you guys keep not buying them so I can get them without having to wait in line or online trying to order these.I love them you hate them so why don't we all just go and throw some meat on the grill and drink a couple of corona's and talk about something else.What do you say?

Originally Posted by kidslikekix

i copped. love the shoe. i just get tired of all the crying about quality. can you honestly say an og pair of 4's,5's,6's,7's,8's etc... are more comfortable to ball in if you didn't cop the 09's or 10's? nope. actually, if you didn't cop you can't have an opinion on quality. they are at their core a balling shoe. 09's had premium leather, so do the 10's and yet people consider them a flop. if one year people decide to not buy bmw or mercedes benz cars would they be considered substandard poorly crafted cars? nope. fact of the matter is no like, no cop. as for me imma keep playing ball in (or wearing casually) my extremely comfortable j's that nobody else decided to cop.
My opinion.... you CAN have an opinion on quality WITHOUT buying the shoe.  Easy... you go to the store... you pick up the shoe and look at it.  Inspect it.  You try it on.  You walk in them in the store.  You run in them in the store.  That alone gives you an opinion WITHOUT buying the shoe.  Now then, a full written review is different, because then you would have to play in them for that.
Don Juan, I totally respect what you said about Vlade.  But my question for you is,  why do you think this shoe is "Great Design"?  I am really curious to hear your explanation. 

Peace.
play much ball in footlocker?

ok, i didn't mean to make a general statement but imo many folks on this board make up their minds about a release waaaaay before sig jay's drop anyway. such as "what's with the window?(2010)", or "what's with the heel?(2009)." i'm not saying  you shouldn't question the quality of a product if you are asked to pay 160-190 for it, i'm just saying that you cannot make an informed quality assessment without actually playing in them. period. jb tries to do something different every year, maybe not innovative, but different. running around the store...really?
indifferent.gif

and what exactly constitutes a jb flop anyway? if people crying about it on nt is a flop, then yup they flopped, but what does that have to do with sales?

Wore them out all day with my shorts on (upper 60's in Ny today) and they look GREAT with shorts... Same pair I used to play in twice and they still look new and not horribly creased after first wear! They are broken in and easily the most comfortable Jordans I have ever owned/have, toss up between 2010's and a nice pair of broken in 11's...

Got a few compliments from people in shoe stores I stopped in, saying "wow they really look good on the feet", I concur... The tongue is reminiscent of the 13's to me, just has a real old school feel to them which I love! Glad I have 2 pairs, and I may be one of the minorities but I can truly say I love them!

BTW here in NY, stores only have 2-4 pairs left, and are just about all sold out of them... I would say they sold well here

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Nah ima say the 2009s were probably THE WORST selling jordan of ALL-TIME. They don't even sell for $50 bucks at marshalls
laugh.gif

i seen a guy who works in the grocery section of Wal Mart who wears there. i was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

I guess since ol' boy is an "OG sneakerhead", he expects everybody to jump on the "I Like the 2010's now too!!" bandwagon????
WRONG
OG opinion or not, the majority of the public thinks the shoe design is horrific.

p.s. And then "OG" DONNNJUANNN here had the nerve to pull out Vlade Divac's personal bio like Divac didn't have the reputation of being an Academy Ward winner while taking a charge.

people get confused with the difference between quality and looks.

also i would think that horrible design would be pretty subjective. and when people say a "majority" of consumers where exactly does that info come from? just wondering.

there is no bandwagon to get on, i guess my question is when people are looking for a "quality" ball shoe, what exactly are they looking for? comfort? affordability? sturdiness? or just hype?

Originally Posted by kidslikekix

i copped. love the shoe. i just get tired of all the crying about quality. can you honestly say an og pair of 4's,5's,6's,7's,8's etc... are more comfortable to ball in if you didn't cop the 09's or 10's? nope. actually, if you didn't cop you can't have an opinion on quality. they are at their core a balling shoe. 09's had premium leather, so do the 10's and yet people consider them a flop. if one year people decide to not buy bmw or mercedes benz cars would they be considered substandard poorly crafted cars? nope. fact of the matter is no like, no cop. as for me imma keep playing ball in (or wearing casually) my extremely comfortable j's that nobody else decided to cop.

Peace.
play much ball in footlocker?

ok, i didn't mean to make a general statement but imo many folks on this board make up their minds about a release waaaaay before sig jay's drop anyway. such as "what's with the window?(2010)", or "what's with the heel?(2009)." i'm not saying  you shouldn't question the quality of a product if you are asked to pay 160-190 for it, i'm just saying that you cannot make an informed quality assessment without actually playing in them. period. jb tries to do something different every year, maybe not innovative, but different. running around the store...really?
indifferent.gif

and what exactly constitutes a jb flop anyway? if people crying about it on nt is a flop, then yup they flopped, but what does that have to do with sales?
I hear you.  Well put about people making their  minds up before the shoes come out.  That is totally true, but I have been playing ball for over 20 years,  and I have over 160 pairs of sneakers and (I can only speak for myself) I can tell (for myself) how a shoe is going to perform for me just by trying it on in the store, running a bit in the store, making cutting movements, and even the ankle protection it will give just by rotating my ankles in the shoe.  The only shoe that I was wrong with was the Flightposite line because of the fact that they need time to break in and mold to your foot.  In the store they were fine, but then when playing in them, my foot began to ache because of the lack of blood circulation to my feet.  Other than that, I was spot on with all the other shoes.  And I have every Air Jordan, except for the 21's (missed out on those :-(  ), and the 2009, and this year's.  Now I am not one to say the 2010 (or 2009) flopped, because I have no idea, and the WORLD is a huge place.  One can't say a shoe flopped just based on the sales from their home town or state.  All I can say is that I didn't like the 2009 (based on the design visual, not on the performance).  And the 2010 (once again based on the design visual) to me is just.... eh.  Performance is a given.  All Air Jordans perform.  But design language is different.  I mean none of the design lines really match or line up.  It is as though Tinker looked at deconstructivism for inspiration but still didn't really figure out the best way to unify the elements.  I know that is somewhat of a contradiction, but there is a way to have the deconstructivism inspiration and still have a unified design visual. 
Peace. 

great performance shoe... i actually went down to the store and tried them on, and would say without a doubt, i like them better than the kobe v. i didn't cop due to the price/colorway, but will cop at the outlets. i plan to buy the black/unc model and will even pay full price for those and use them to PLAY BASKETBALL.

Shoes are hyped and liked over time.
This was the same exact reaction to the AJXX3s.
People looked at sketches, early samples to conclude their opinion that the shoe was a Failure and Ugly.

Just because you see 1 or 2 pairs of sitting on the display case, doesn't mean the other 20-50 pairs didn't sell.
How do you really say the shoe is a flop only having 1-2 colorways release?

What people don't understand anymore, is that Jordan Brand's yearly Signatures are solely designed for Basketball and not casual wear.

Originally Posted by D0NNNJUANNN

Garbage? WRONG.
Trash? WRONG.

I'm an OG Old-head on this bulletin board and I LOVE these shoes. They aren't meant for the hypebeast teenagers ( yes, I'm referring to most of you) that google "cool jordans" and decide what's cool. 

Just because you don't see posts saying "copped" or "I'm gonna cop these joints" doesn't mean they arent amazing.

Great performance shoe. Great design.

If you only like shoes that are labeled "exclusive", then you are a poser hypebeast. Don't like what I'm saying? Prove me wrong and post why you think they are a flop.

- Don Juan -

ps: Vlade Divac played forever. He was a great role-player playing with Magic Johnson and was ahead of his time. He also played alongside great players and often averaged close to 15 points a game. He was slow, yes but had a great 15 foot jump shot.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK, young buck.
They flop because the price tag is $200. I don't care how good they are for balling. Now for $40, i might reconsider .

It amazes me how people only care about the aesthetics of the shoe. I'm not saying that anyone should wear something that they think is ugly, but many of  you have practically said "I'll pay any price as long as the shoe LOOKS good! Quality doesn't matter. On court performance doesn't matter. Just give me something that breaks necks, and you can have all my money"

I'm not saying that I like the 2010s. But my reason for not liking them has nothing to do with how they look. I, personally have not liked anything since the death of the sig. They just don't feel like Michael's shoes anymore. I do not proclaim myself to be any "OG head" or anything like that. I like Air Jordans because they're Michael's shoes. Before I was even old enough to be a sneaker head I was a Michael Jordan fan first and foremost.

For those of us who are old enough (25 and up), have we forgotten that that's the reason we wanted these sneakers anyway? Not because of how they looked, or because we needed to be the first person at school with them, or because they were a status symbol. All that was great too. But those of us who are old enough all should remember the real reason we wanted Air Jordans. Because we all believed that these were sneakers inspired by the greatest Basketball player to ever walk the earth. If you didn't believe that (i.e. Piston, Laker, Celtic fans) you didn't even bother to drop a 125 bucks on these. Especially in a time (the '90s) when there were soooo many great QUALITY sneaker that you could purchase instead.

But those were the old days. Now, many of you guys only buy Jordans because of their popularity, their look or their value.  If you're under the age of 19, I can't really hold that against you, because many of you have never even seen Mike play.

As far as this Divac statement. Did you guys forget that Charlotte gave up rookie Kobe Bryant just to get Divac????? I don't know all his stats or anything, but Divac had to be doing something right.

CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO HIT OUTLETS SO I CAN GRAB A SZ 12 FOR A DECENT PRICE & HOOP IN EM'

First off, I don't own the 2010's and I don't know if I will get them or not.  But can you really say they've flopped yet?  It's only been a little over a month. By that standard most of JB's recent releases should be considered a flop because a lot are still available in stores.

People who say these are performance monsters are kidding themseleves. It's a okay performance on par with a NIke Air Max Rise or Nike Huarache 2010 but both of those shoes are under 100.

Most  Serious Basketball players would be more happy with some Kobe IVs or Kobe V, Lebron Soliders III, Lebron VIIs or Hyperdunk in terms of bang for your buck.

The people who are on these for the retail price are Jordan Stans and fanboys.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

People who say these are performance monsters are kidding themseleves. It's a okay performance on par with a NIke Air Max Rise or Nike Huarache 2010 but both of those shoes are under 100.

Most  Serious Basketball players would be more happy with some Kobe IVs or Kobe V, Lebron Soliders III, Lebron VIIs or Hyperdunk in terms of bang for your buck.

The people who are on these for the retail price are Jordan Stans and fanboys.
Have you played basketball in the 2010s?

Back
Top Bottom