Safety Roy Williams released

laugh.gif
@ dude not sensing the sarcasm.

It's sad how much he declined. From a top safety his first two seasons, he actually deserved the hype. He used to be a freak of nature. Strong guy whocould run and hit. Watching his videos from Oklahoma and his rookie season in Dallas, physically, he looked like a whole different person. Then he startedgaining weight, started feelin' himself too much, forgot about the fundamentals of tackling and it was a wrap from there. I don't think he ever put inthe necessary work in the film room either.

Originally Posted by jmsole210

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by jmsole210

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't see how Dallas can just release a top 5 safety like that.

It's mind bottling.
laugh.gif
i know your kidding right
Why would I be kidding about a 5 time pro bowler. I mean damn. 5 times?
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

RW > your favorite safety.

Yeah, HIM too.

He's a beast. He was rated high on Madden for a reason.
pimp.gif

Dude was a bum on passing plays.....
grin.gif
...I'll take it you're not around S&T that much.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
did i say something wrong?.....
ashtonpunked-thumb.jpg

Love the Cowboys to death, but Williams had to go. The guy just couldn't defend on pass coverage. They wanted to move him to linebacker, but he just hadtoo much pride to make the move. I know he would have still been a liability on coverage on passing downs as a linebacker, but at least he would still haveprotection behind him on those shorter routes.

He was a great tackler no doubt, but sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice some things and adapt to change for the benefit of your team.

On another note, I can definitely see him going to the Raiders or even the Patriots
smh.gif

I'll never forgot those back to back TD's he let up to Santana Moss 3-4 years ago. We were up 13-0 with about 5 minutes left and we lose 14-13...
smh.gif
Heshould have been cut then and there.

I still won't forget the Monday Night game where he returned McNabb's INT all the way for the game-winning TD at the Linc 4 years ago. I alsowon't forgive him for the horse collar tackle that could've put Donovan out of action again.

%#@+ Roy!!

Originally Posted by Swagger2Much4You

whats wit these teams releasing without trading and just getting something in return as opposed to nothing

What could they get for him though? He has no defined position, (too small for backer, liability in coverage as a safety) and he is a poor open field tackler. He gets a good highlight hit every now and then.

If you're a GM what do you trade for someone like that?

Originally Posted by zwchris

whats wit these teams releasing without trading and just getting something in return as opposed to nothing

What could they get for him though? He has no defined position, (too small for backer, liability in coverage as a safety) and he is a poor open field tackler. He gets a good highlight hit every now and then.

You're right about Roy dude is a bum, but what about TO? I'm sure there's a lot of teams that could use him.

Originally Posted by zwchris

yea but if u lowball a team for a 5th round pick or maybe cash considerations u tellin me a team wouldn't go 4 dat?

Back
Top Bottom