Sam Keller trying to ruin NCAA Football 10..

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Of course he's got a case. Why are yall being hard headed. There's a reason why when michael jordan didn't sign off on his likeness and ea had to use "roster guard 99". If they didn't he woulda sued the pants off EA and the NBAPA who let EA use players likenesses.

I aint mad at him at all. If he can't make money off playin ball then no one should profit off him

Exactly. Before on Playstation and PS2, I dont think the numbers matched exactly at all positions but now they pretty much do. They have it where you can type in a name and it says it now. If the game says Tebow,Crabtree,Stafford,Harrell,Clausen etc(Names that named commonly used) you know they are defintely using likeness. Y'all just want to play the game.

I think its dirty the way they do college athletes schools and companies make alot money off them and then dont want to pay players any royalities after they graduate?

Waht about guys like Graham Harrell,Jason White,Josh Heupel? How much money did their schools make offf them?

when the game series first started off as bill walsh college football back in 1993, the rosters still reflected the real life players.

it's something that's been going on for a very long time now.

yup.
Even the old Sega College Football national Championship had the correct Rosters and attributes SDSU RB#28
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Of course he's got a case. Why are yall being hard headed. There's a reason why when michael jordan didn't sign off on his likeness and ea had to use "roster guard 99". If they didn't he woulda sued the pants off EA and the NBAPA who let EA use players likenesses.

I aint mad at him at all. If he can't make money off playin ball then no one should profit off him
Exactly.

Kudos to this dude for at least trying to make the NCAA pay up. It's ridiculous how much money they make off these kids.

I guarantee you the NCAA is scared %+#$%!!# over this. This could open the floodgates.

He has a point but he's doing it for all the wrong reasons. He's a bum and just lost his job now he's trying to cash in. Straight %%$*@ made.

And NCAA '09 had more than just likeness because when you're using a custom roster it'll actually say the name. I don't know if the game hasbuilt in name recognition or what but when Herbstreit is calling Tebow by name during the game something is up.

Like other said, surprising it's just now happening finally.

I think these football/basketball players deserve to get paid, honestly... the amount of money they generate for their schools compared to what their collegedegree is actually worth just doesn't add up in many cases.

He's not doing it for the wrong reasons, he filed a class action suit,
If he just filed it on his behalf I could see yall sayin that but he didnt

Originally Posted by JinKazama

"he has no case since the players names arent used"

I haven't played NCAA in a while but i remember that when you downloaded the rosters and/or entered them yourself the game would begin to refer to the players by name. No way EA has built a voice recognition program so sophisticated it can announce any name in the NCAA with the voice of the announcer. You know that announcer records the names of all those players before the game goes out and putting the correct name on the jersey unlocks it.

Unless EA NCAA no longer works like this I think Keller's got a case.
You have a point, but they have a "feature" to randomize names for players sooo yea
ohwell.gif

And I always hated how they would say my last name in NCAA but not Madden
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom