Sample White/Red Retro 13's???? *PICS*

Original "grey toe" kids samples

fny3d5.jpg

nah they wouldnt be bleeding because these dont have the red suede on the midsole like the actual grey toes. this looks like some kinda foam or sumthin

A little story from way back.  In 1998 when the 13's originally dropped this is what was supposed to release instead of the White/Varsity Red/ with Black pods.  At the time the EKIN rep for the store I worked at told us how the colorway got changes.  At the time they apparently took the samples around Chicago and the feedback the got was that people didn't like the grey toe.  The Champs Sports I worked at received posters in the late summer or fall of 1998 that had future product on it and they were on there in mens sizes.  Somehow, kids sizes got to the public (maybe outlets).  Some had bleeding, some didn't.  The pair my friend had did have bleeding.  I have never seen them in mens sizes in that colorway.  The retro's from 2004 were a nod to these (daker grey and darker red).  I have always wanted these to drop since I saw that poster in 1998!  

lol, u can tell the young age group, inexperience, or who lacks knowledge from J's by looking at some of these posts.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old. please lock up. btw the pearl grey xiii samples are one of my grails.

Originally Posted by solefulone

A little story from way back.  In 1998 when the 13's originally dropped this is what was supposed to release instead of the White/Varsity Red/ with Black pods.  At the time the EKIN rep for the store I worked at told us how the colorway got changes.  At the time they apparently took the samples around Chicago and the feedback the got was that people didn't like the grey toe.  The Champs Sports I worked at received posters in the late summer or fall of 1998 that had future product on it and they were on there in mens sizes.  Somehow, kids sizes got to the public (maybe outlets).  Some had bleeding, some didn't.  The pair my friend had did have bleeding.  I have never seen them in mens sizes in that colorway.  The retro's from 2004 were a nod to these (daker grey and darker red).  I have always wanted these to drop since I saw that poster in 1998!  

I remember that poster Solefulone. I used to work at Kids FTL and one of the big homies from men's showed it to me. He was supposed to help me get a pair but that went up in smoke. When they released the imitation version in '04 I just had to get them b/c it seemed like the closest I would ever get to the original. As much as I do want the release colorway, I gotta get those "real" grey toes before I can ever leave the game.

only thing that jb could get me to come back would be to drop the grey toes, as for the og color, eh it's ok and the XIII is easily my fave model.

Um I am not expert but I believe the OG samples were all leather. These pics look like the tongue is suede. Just a suggestion, I would hop on these quickly if they released.

If these are what's dropping at the end of the year, then I'm passing. In no way are these touching the White/red's. There's two diffrent red's on the shoe for Christ's sake.

dam these are sick, i hope these are the ones that drop later this year. if its the regular red whites its a def. no

Back
Top Bottom