SAN DIEGO COMIC CON THREAD VOL. ITS ALMOST HERE POST YOUR GETUP/PICS/PICKUPS!

you get tix around feb-march you have to sign up on their site: https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/
it's REALLY tough to get tix if you didn't attend the year before
that days tix is all you need... so lets say Marvel's panel is on sat you have to have sats tix to get in... YES... there WILL be a long *** line
i myself will be sleeping out there (along with [i'm not kidding] thousands) with people

Thanks man. I bookmarked that link and I'll try to go next year. 

Wanted to go this year but just forgot about it. It's probably going to be stupid packed with all the hyped up movies coming out next summer.

Is there a stream for the panels like E3? I'm guessing they dont since I know they only show teasers/trailers for the people there.

You can catch some panels being shown on YouTube, they are not live tho,
You can get lucky and happen to stumble on a teaser/trailer vid for upcoming movies, but they get taken down fast.
I myself used to record some trailers and just send them to my friends, but security has seriously been beefed up over the pass 2 years ( im talmbout people walking around with nvgs and sith...) so I dont even try anymore.

How do you get tickets for retail? Is it like Coachella where you gotta buy it a year in advance? Always wanted go but it's always sold out and don't even know when they go on sale.

And how does it work? Say I want to see for example, Avengers 2 press conference. I gotta get another ticket for that or wait in a long *** line?

you sign up for the news letter on the site and they will email you when they are on sale. they just went on sale the end of June.Saturdays event sold out in 2 hours. i was lucky enough to snag a ticket and this will be my first time attending so i have no clue what to expect. im hype as hell. if anyone is still looking to attend Saturdays event PM me. my cousin is selling two tickets.

i dont get what was said about the panel. so if i wanted to see the Marvel panel id have to wait on a seperate line even though i already have tickets? is it limited to a certain number of attendees?

so you have sats tix right...
you're able to go to hall h (that's where all the big panels are going to happen)
you WILL have to line up if you want good seats and people DO leave as the day goes by... but not much.
the tricky part is (if you only have sats tix and are waiting outside all night like the rest of us) is that you're going to have to line up to get into Hall H, but also keep in mind what time the line to get the ACTUAL SDCC tix opens up... for you to actually get your sat tix so you can attend Hall H (hopefully you have a buddy system going on)
Hall H has roughly around 5-6k seats available (it's first come first serve)
i remember one sat a couple of years ago where i lined up around 2:30 AM and i found out later on i was in the 3k area :x

Last edited:
Made a user for me and my girl, first time we got in the que, her account got through.  So we headed to SDCC in two weeks!  My first time, not counting the baby comic con we have here in Vegas.  I'm tryna get that headless hershel

My friend got me headless ned stark last year, and its going for $200+ on re-sell.

Made a user for me and my girl, first time we got in the que, her account got through.  So we headed to SDCC in two weeks!  My first time, not counting the baby comic con we have here in Vegas.  I'm tryna get that headless hershel

View media item 1074372

My friend got me headless ned stark last year, and its going for $200+ on re-sell.
No freakin way...i bought that for a close friend last year. LOL.

I ended up buying the glow in the dark Power Ranger white ranger for myself. Not going for as much HAHA.

Last edited:
Is there a list somewhere I can see most of the exclusive toys that are gonna be at SDCC? Mainly just the hasbro, kid robot, and pop figures. Or anywhere I can buy stuff after SDCC?

Unfortunately I did not make the cut this year and I am already planning on having to pay these resell prices

Is there a list somewhere I can see most of the exclusive toys that are gonna be at SDCC? Mainly just the hasbro, kid robot, and pop figures. Or anywhere I can buy stuff after SDCC?

Unfortunately I did not make the cut this year and I am already planning on having to pay these resell prices
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014/exclusives there might be more though, so I would just google the company and sdcc exclusives

I didn't know they did pre orders on the funko pops, missed both the pink stay puft marshmallow man and the glow in the dark one :frown:

so you have sats tix right...
you're able to go to hall h (that's where all the big panels are going to happen)
you WILL have to line up if you want good seats and people DO leave as the day goes by... but not much.
the tricky part is (if you only have sats tix and are waiting outside all night like the rest of us) is that you're going to have to line up to get into Hall H, but also keep in mind what time the line to get the ACTUAL SDCC tix opens up... for you to actually get your sat tix so you can attend Hall H (hopefully you have a buddy system going on)
Hall H has roughly around 5-6k seats available (it's first come first serve)
i remember one sat a couple of years ago where i lined up around 2:30 AM and i found out later on i was in the 3k area :x

so id have to essentially be out all night just to see the panel? i wanna see what the show floor has to offer as well as these panels.

is there a list of exclusives for NYCC? i seen the San Diego one, i was hoping to snag one of those new Ninja Turtles that are releasing in October..

don't know what to say man... it is what it is... i'm used to it by now
i'm only going fri and sat, fri is for the main showroom, and sat is only for Hall H
i also purchased fri's tix just BECAUSE i didn't want to miss sat's panels

These are the ones i wanna go to (SDCC)

FRI
marvel spider-verse 10a-11a
6DE

bandai namco fighting 12p-1p
25ABC

TWD 1220p-120p
hall H

GoT 140p-240p
hall H

Brian K. Vaughan 2p-3p
25ABC

Fiona Staples 3p-4p
25ABC

Street fighter 5p-6p
25ABC

Sleepy hollow 545p-645p
6BCF

SAT
marvel video games 1230p-130p
6A

sailormoon 1230p-130p
5AB

saga 1p-2p
7AB

Hasbro Marvel 4p-5p
25ABC

Marvel studios 530p-630p
hall H

AHS:coven 7p-8p
6DE

Last edited:
oh boy this is gonna be hectic, is that rundown for SDCC or NYCC? or does it apply to both? ill be attending NYCC on saturday. kinda wished i bought for friday too, i wanna see TWD too!

if i wait on this line for the marvel panel; would i have to stay in Hall H the entire day? or do i just show up at the time the panel starts?

Last edited:
^ I read if you wanna see the Marvel Panel then you pretty much have to wait the entire day to secure a seat.

Marvel should just have it's own day. Hell, just have a Marvel-Con. Their panel is what the vast majority of people are there for anyways...

View media item 1074372

I really wanted that headless ned stark last year, but the only tickets I got were for Sunday and by then it had sold out. This year I'm going all 4 days plus preview night, so that Hershel will be copped. In fact, most of my money is going to Funko this year.

These are the ones i wanna go to (SDCC)

FRI

marvel spider-verse 10a-11a

6DE

bandai namco fighting 12p-1p

25ABC

TWD 1220p-120p

hall H

GoT 140p-240p

hall H

Brian K. Vaughan 2p-3p

25ABC

Fiona Staples 3p-4p

25ABC

Street fighter 5p-6p

25ABC

Sleepy hollow 545p-645p

6BCF

SAT

marvel video games 1230p-130p

6A

sailormoon 1230p-130p

5AB

saga 1p-2p

7AB

Hasbro Marvel 4p-5p

25ABC

Marvel studios 530p-630p

hall H

AHS:coven 7p-8p

6DE

this is NOT happening :rofl:
sorry dude

Loi i know that whole list ain't happening. I just wanted to list out all the places I wanted to see.

Back
Top Bottom