San Diego Vacation

Going to San Diego this Saturday for a week. 

what is there to do?  what clubs should i go to?  any good restaurants?  etc.  I know Hash House A Go Go is down there good breakfast spot.  Any recommendations?  really open to any suggestions....beaches, clubs, bars, site seein', restaurants, anything...etc.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any spots with food challenges?

Hash House is a definite MUST!!

If you like brunch buffets on sunday, Tom Ham's Lighthouse or Karl Strauss Brewery in Sorrento Valley (near Mira Mesa), Bali Hai (for the Islander style buffet).

as far as sight seeing: Balboa Park, Old Town, Coronado (Hotel Del also has a buffet), La Jolla Shores/Cove, Point Loma.

Damn. i live here in SD and this is all i can think of right now. LOL.

I live here. Clubs to go to would be Stingaree for sure. Basically try to stroll the gaslamp quarter at night. beaches would be Mission Beach and definitely Coronado beach. Sun set cliffs if you have a girl will definitely set the mood. Etc etc. This is just off the top of my head right now though. I'll edit when i think of more.

Edit: what he^^^ said as well, old town, balboa park and the above places. Sun Set Cliffs are located around la jolla so thats a good place to go to as well

go to Lolita's. Order a California Burrito and or Carne Asada Fries.

and here comes the carne asada fries debate..

Clubs: On Broadway (Fri/Sat), Fluxx (Fri/Sat)

Bars: PB Bar & Grill (Thurs), 923 (Fri)

Food: Hodad's (Ocean Beach)

Lolita's is good. also try Santana's.

Burger Lounge in Little Italy. there's a new place in La Jolla, Smashburger. I've never been, but heard good things.

as far as clubs, it's been awhile for me. Check out Point Entertainment and jayaverypresents.com

i was only 20 when i took a 5 day vacation out there but Coronado Brewing Company in Coronado was amazing.
The Island Burger or maybe its called the Hawaiian Burger is still the best hamburger I have ever had in my entire life.

have a good time.

lolitas is good i went to sd 2 weeks ago and once i got picked up from the airport that was my first stop. hodads also has good burgers.

I also want to head down there for a weekend trip, how are the prices in hotels (in the downtown/beach areas)

i live here and all i can really think of that hasn't been said already is that El Indio is a must, and go check out a game at petco, $5 park in the park seats are a good time. have fun bro, its a great city

pacific beach durin the day is dope too. walk down the bar strip, grab some beers, people watchin etc.
balboa park is a dope date spot, hit prado for a lunch or happy hour

phils bbq
smile.gif

get outdoorsy stuff done-weather is doep right now-kayakin, surfin, beaches, etc

for really good authentic mexican food, check out mama testa's in hillcrest. and for me, rocky's > hodad's.

Originally Posted by i2enDMC

for really good authentic mexican food, check out mama testa's in hillcrest. and for me, rocky's > hodad's.
I agree with you on that, Rocky's definitely better than Hodad's for a burger. But for me the best Mexican spot is Las Quatros Milpas in Logan Heights. AMAZING!

don't know why anybody hasn't already mentioned this but SD is a central hub for craft brew.  alpine, stone, alesmith, ballast point, karl strauss, lost abbey, pizza port, etc etc etc all reside here in san diego.

if you enjoy and appreciate good craft beer.  check out any of the above breweries out.  if not the breweries, check out a couple beer bars.  o'brien's, toronado, stone...  just to name a few.  SD is the home of countless award winning amber fluid.  cheers bro!

Hitting up SD this weekend with the girlfriend so I thought I'd bump this thread. I already have hash house, phil's bbq, and extraordinary desserts on deck food-wise but still looking for sightseeing stuff.

Is there anything worth checking out on Coronado Island? We're gonna walk around gaslamp during the day for shopping and at night for barhopping but any other suggestions on spots would be appreciated.

Hitting up SD this weekend with the girlfriend so I thought I'd bump this thread. I already have hash house, phil's bbq, and extraordinary desserts on deck food-wise but still looking for sightseeing stuff.

Is there anything worth checking out on Coronado Island? We're gonna walk around gaslamp during the day for shopping and at night for barhopping but any other suggestions on spots would be appreciated.

U should check out Coronado for the beach, walking around and scenery. There's a dope view of the downtown skyline from Coronado. Gaslamp for sure. Little Italy and Balboa Park which are pretty close to downtown. PB and OB for bar hopping and sightseeing. Mission beach. La Jolla. Sunset Cliffs. There's a lot more ....... Holla

U should check out Coronado for the beach, walking around and scenery. There's a dope view of the downtown skyline from Coronado. Gaslamp for sure. Little Italy and Balboa Park which are pretty close to downtown. PB and OB for bar hopping and sightseeing. Mission beach. La Jolla. Sunset Cliffs. There's a lot more ....... Holla
 Repped

Thanks man. We actually got hit with rain the weekend we were there but we're planning on heading back soon so we'll keep those spots in mind.

Gaslamp on Saturday night was a zoo but Phil's BBQ the next day was
pimp.gif

Going to San Diego this Saturday for a week. 

what is there to do?  what clubs should i go to?  any good restaurants?  etc.  I know Hash House A Go Go is down there good breakfast spot.  Any recommendations?  really open to any suggestions....beaches, clubs, bars, site seein', restaurants, anything...etc.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any spots with food challenges?
cant tell how old this post is.. but visit BLENDS SD.. ATTIC SD...YARDHOUSE (food) ....Carlsbad outlet mall ( North County SD)

shoot me an email if you have any questions .. i am an SD local born and raised...

brockpizza@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom