San Francisco or Bay Area NTers, Anybody Use T-Mobile? Good? Bad?

I've heard the service is a lot better now.
Plans are cheap, with texts, unlimited web, and etc.

I've used T-Mobile 7 years ago (I know it's been a while) and it sucked, has it improved within the last few years?

Not that it matters, but I use AT&T at the moment...A year left on the plan.

it's still decent. i lose some signal whenever i'm in the middle of a building though. but some areas that i used to lose signal in just drops from 3G to Edge.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Why switch? At&t works fine for me. Been with them for years now.
As stated:
Originally Posted by Luong1209

I've heard the service is a lot better now.
Plans are cheap, with texts, unlimited web, and etc.

I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, the new plans sold me.
smile.gif
I think their service is much better now, imo. I now have coverage where I didn't with AT&T.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by bAyArEaFliP

I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, the new plans sold me.
smile.gif
I think their service is much better now, imo. I now have coverage where I didn't with AT&T.
happy.gif
Appreciate the insight. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying and what does it include?

I normally have reception everywhere with AT&T, whether it be little or a lot...So if that's the case with T-Mobile, I'm switching once contract is up.

I live in San Jose, and I think the service is as good as AT&T, you might get 1 bar less than AT&T and i never had a drop call, which I assume because not many people are on tmobile

But i loved tmobile before I switched to AT&T, they gave me such cheap pricing, I even got them to let me out of a 2 Year contract less than a year in when they made the switch to even more plans

but anyways IMO, tmobile is great for its pricing, and pretty much the same to AT&t service, BUT their 3G network is POOP compared to AT&T

So go to tmobile if you plan on just using it for voice/texting IMO, and for the record, I switched to AT&T for the iPhone

Originally Posted by bayareajordan

Hi. *T-Mobile Rep steps in* How can I help you?
No shame
laugh.gif
...I'm currently paying ~$100 for 3 lines and then 15 for text.

Curious as to what the price may be for T-Mobile. I'm hearing reception is equivalent if not better.

Service is pretty mediocre. Too many places where I lose reception, half of Chinatown is dead for me.

I recently made the switch from verizon to tmobile with an iphone. I love it, the service is great where I am and when I seem to run into hang ups im on the go anyway.

I was paying $75+ a month including taxes and fees for 450 minutes, 1000 texts, and no internet on Verizon. Now I have an iPhone, 500 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited internet for $64.99 including all taxes and fees! A sweet, sweet deal.

Originally Posted by bayareajordan

how many minutes ? would you be needing internet? I'll hook it up if you are trying to switch
Honestly I'm not sure, if you have prices, let me know. It'll probably be a family plan with my brother and I.

Back
Top Bottom