Saucony Running Shoes: Hurricane 11 v. Paramount?

Anyone use either of these for running/training? I am currently using the Progrid Trigon Guide 5 and they are still going great. As I continue to run however,I am looking to upgrade. I've read a lot of positives of the Paramount, but the Hurricane 11 has gotten just better than average reviews.

And just to mention, I am a slight overpronator. And I really don't need too much stability. Cushioning isn't a big requirement for me either.

Thanks for any input about either of the two shoes or any other recommendations.

The Paramounts stability is basically non-existent so it's actually more of a neutral shoe. Very nice feeling shoe, but not necessarily worth the money.

The Hurricanes XI's on the other hand, are a very stable shoe, so there is a lot more guidance as compared to the Trigon Guide 5. It's another highcushioning shoe, like the Paramount, but does not come with more premium features.

I would recommend trying the Guide II or the Omni 8, since cushion isn't a big deal for you, don't pay the extra money for it. They are both greatshoes, and the updates have been very popular. Saucony, as a brand, is starting to do some big things. Their new updates are very consistent and they arestarting to take more of the running specialty market share.

Are you brand loyal to Saucony? I overpronate myself and tried several different brands' stability models, but I've come to stick with Mizuno lately. Ihave the Wave Nirvana 5s and the Wave Renegade 4s and I absolutely love them both. I also have the Saucony progrid hurricane 10s and those were great but theMizunos just were a slightly better feel for me. If you are serious, I'd go to a specialty running store and try on several different brands at the samevisit and see what works best for you. Every brand has at least one or two stability models for overpronation.

Back
Top Bottom