Say What!?! A New Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtle live action movie!

TMNT-original-liveaction-hdrimg.jpg

Dont know if anything has been posted or even confirmed but I heard about this and had to check out if it was for real. If they do end up making this movieyou better believe ill have my midnight showing ticket. This is like perfect for our generation because I know I used to play the hell out of my Ninja Turtletoys and I know ive seen the turtle mobile picture posted in multiple threads. Well anyways heres what they are saying.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

[h1]Ninja Turtles back in (live) action[/h1] [h2]2011 film will focus on characters' origins[/h2]
[h3]By TATIANA SIEGEL[/h3]

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
HOLLYWOOD -- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are making their way back to the bigscreen.
The Mirage Group, which owns the property, is moving forward with a live-action film focusing on the origins of the iconic crime fighters. Project, targeted for release in 2011, would mark the fifth bigscreen outing for the sewer-dwelling heroes Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter.

News coincides with the Turtles' 25th anniversary celebration, which kicks off Thursday in New York as the first "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film unspools at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Legendary Pictures former chief marketing officer Scott Mednick is producing the new pic alongside Galen Walker, who produced the 2007 computer-animated "TMNT" pic, the most recent installment in the franchise. Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III are exec producing the film, which is based on the characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman.

The characters first appeared in a May 1984 comicbook before spawning a lucrative line of toys, cartoons and three films released in the early 1990s. In 2003, the Turtles were reintroduced to a new generation via a TV series, the "TMNT" film and a revamped merchandising program.

The latest project is being financed by Lightbox Prods.

"The original dozen comics created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman are some of the best source material one could hope for," said Mednick, whose exec producing credits include the upcoming "Where the Wild Things Are." Laird, who bought out Eastman's share of the property several years ago, said the film will remain true to the spirit of the original comicbooks. He added that the pic may employ face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive.

Today's 25th anniversary "Shell-ebration" will also include lighting the Empire State Building in "turtle green."

moz-screenshot.jpg
http://www.variety.com/VR1118002745.html

^ it wasnt live action. Just some corny cartoon. This one gonna be like old ones we all used to love

They need to make a Sin City/300 type TMNT based on the OG comics where they actually killed people. I'd most definitely pay to see that.
pimp.gif

Doubt it will ever happen tho...
tired.gif

^word that would be tight. I mean if they can spin batman to appeal to the public like they did with Dark Knight then I dont know why they couldnt do the samewith this movie. I dont think they can make it like the old ones tho. Gotta think of what crowd youre really tryna reach out to. And its not kids younger than13

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by ikari XD

al harrington bout to get some new work after his knicks contract is up
Word They need to cast this man as Donatello

he should be mikey, and jadakiss should be donatello

lol at the pictures. Good News though...I enjoyed watching those movies when I was a kid. I haven't watched them since but I doubt the movie would be worsethan Dragon Ball

they should make it more like the original turtles, where they all have the red headbands.. we already have seen the kids version of the turtles in the first 3movies and the CGI. they should make them more bad $%$... enough with the kids stuff... cause that's not what they were about!!

roll.gif
roll.gif

If they do come out w/ this.
Me and my bestie are going for midnight screenings.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by B0SSLDY

roll.gif
roll.gif

If they do come out w/ this.
Me and my bestie are going for midnight screenings.
Why do you not have this as your avatar?
url
If you insist. frankly i don't care i'm rollin.
indifferent.gif

posted already in the big 25th anniversary thread...it even had the news in the title for a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom