School me on buying phones without a contract... Vol. Sprint.

Ive already got a plan but my phone is now broken and im only up for the 1 year upgrade so the phones are like 300-400 instead of the 150 or so like the 2 yearupgrade.

My phone had a power surge on the micro USB so it wont take a charge at all now...

Never really been that into phones and ive never bought a phone outside of the store with upgrade so please lend me some info on copping phones from placeslike ebay..

I wanted to get the Palm Pre or Pixi with the upgrade but those were like 300+ with the 1 year upgrade... can i get good phones for less than $200 on eBay?Whats the best place for me to go?

i dont think sprint uses sim cards so if you cop a sprint phone oustside sprint, make sure they cancelled before you buy or else you cant use it playbwoy

I usually do the Craigslist thing...find real good deals on there. Got a Tour for $140 with Sprint.
pimp.gif

And like homie said, make sure the ESN is clean. You could call Sprint ahead of time and they can
verify whether the ESN is clean or not before you make your purchase.

If you have any more questions, you can shoot me a PM.

you can buy a phone without a contract for sprint. but please, please make sure the ESN is clean.

if not. no matter what. they will not turn the phone until the past bill is paid. you can take the phone to sprint and they will tell you if the ESN is cleanor not. always do this with the seller before you buy. if he is not willing to do this then look else where.

So if I find one on CL i like i should meet up with the guy first and either go to the Sprint store or call Sprint at the meet up?

What is the ESN exactly? is that written in the battery compartment somewhere or something?

Thanks for the info so far guys
smile.gif

Craigslist is the way to go

Have them meet you at a Sprint store so you can determine that the ESN is clean and get it activated to your account immediately

GREAT info!!

What about unlocked iPhone??? if its unlocked can i just activate it to my sprint plan?

Wasnt planning on going near any HTC phones... Whats wrong with the Pixi? i know nothing about it really, i thought it was a step down non sliding version ofthe Pre
laugh.gif

Ill check out the Hero though.

dont understand why anybody would purchase a pixi, especially since it's better older brother is only a 100 difference, and they have the the option to geta hero or tour. your best bet is to get a hero, it's a great phone and with the big update next year, it'll make it even better. plus the Sense UI is
pimp.gif
. i was really thinking of getting rid of my droid for the eris (verizon's hero) simply because of the UI.. but i need a physical keyboard.

What about BlackBerrys? Can I just add one to my current plan (nothing special) and use it with unlimited data or do i have to drop like 50 bucks a month forthe BB data plan?

Id cop a curve or something if I could just add it to my plan and roll.

When you meet up, meet up at the Sprint store, to try to activate it and so you know that it will work and you know the ESN is clean.

hmmm......

via slickdeals (i lurk there at night)

Quote from c1000rider :
2) Is there a way to make this play with an existing Sprint line? IE - not getting a new line of service?
yes, people are upgrading to new phones while retaining their old plan. simple select the phone that you want and select the upgrade existing lineoption. then bypass the plan-accessories-options tabs and click the submit tab right along the upper edge of the online ordering form.

not sure if it extends the contract if you upgrade the line though, call customer service in the link 1

while you at call sprint retentions and ask to cancel for free since fees are going up at the start of the year in the contract, they most likely will offeryou $20 a month credit

^ so assuming its gonna let me go through with this transaction... it says i can get the HERO or the Samsung Moment for $154 which is a lot lower than ive seenthose on CL or eBay... Those good phones to choose from? the Pre is $225 and i really wanna keep it under $200

Back
Top Bottom