school me on cam'ron....vol. get it in ohio

so i just started listenin to cam'ron in depth and wanted to know what nts favorites were......

album-purple-haze.jpg

SDE is his best album IMO but Cam is one of those MCs that you either Love him or you Hate him.

Originally Posted by M16

Children of the Corn album

Yo people have to stop saying that cam flows wasnt even polished yet at that point, Seriously if you want cam at his best before the decline, Confessions offire, S.D.E and Come Home with me. Purple haze is when he started to lose the fire.

When has Cam ever flowed as well as he did on songs like Corn or Harlem USA

For some reason, I feel like you had to be there for the Dipset prime to really appreciate it the right way. If you missed that wave, going back and listeningto Vol. 1-5, DI1 and all that won't really do anything for you. I mean, sure you'll like/love some songs...but when the movement was moving
eek.gif
eek.gif
Cam & Co. couldn't miss.

That said: S.D.E. is his best album then CHWM...

Also listen to DI1...classic.

Cam was
pimp.gif
on the children of the corn album, I don't care if his flow wasn't polished or whatever.. And u can't go wrong with sde and come homewith me

I thought Confessions of Fire was kinda nice but it came out when I was younger too so I was more about the hooks then the lyrical delivery. Still a bigdifference from what he is now though

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Oh and P.E.#1 is good with the exception of a couple tracks.... Its a 2 disc though so its expected
P.E.#1 got like 3 tracks out of the 2349823432 on there that I'll still listen to now...it doesn't compare to his previous work.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Oh and P.E.#1 is good with the exception of a couple tracks.... Its a 2 disc though so its expected
P.E.#1 got like 3 tracks out of the 2349823432 on there that I'll still listen to now...it doesn't compare to his previous work.
You killing me dsk.

01 Intro
02 Why They
03 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
04 Calm Down
05 Can't Hurt My Style
06 Just Us
07 The Cycles Sick
09 Hot Mess
13 Aint Like Us f. A-Mafia
14 Kiatey f. Freekey Zekey & J.R. Writer
15 Swagga Talk f. Hell Rell & 40 Cal
17 Child Of The Ghetto
18 Let Me Know
19 Dead The Funeral

Disc 2
01 Intro
02 Bum Bum f. Penz
05 Fit For The Grind 2 f. Penz
06 Glitter f. Penz
11 Curious f. Penz
13 Are We Cuttin f. Hell Rell & Freekey Zekey
14 Cha Ching f. Hell Rell
17 Weekend

Those are just the hot tracks and you can't name 4 you like?
smh.gif

real talk ima cam fan since DI1, and never listened to the diplomats mixtapes cuz around that time the feds raided the mixtape spots and people stopped sellincds
laugh.gif

i just liistened to them for the 1st time about a week ago, as expected i already heared most of the songs by now

HOWEVER..... they would been
eek.gif
eek.gif
if i woulda heard those snippets. i woulda been fiendin my %$! off back in the day after hearin them appitizers
laugh.gif

but yo, id just check out all of his stuff. not one disc or mixtape is gonna do it. to me, he doesnt even have THAT much material that u can just spend a dayand check out most of it

You know what just go cop his whole catalog. You can't really appreciate an artist unless you know his best and worse work.

KILLA
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

You killing me dsk.

01 Intro
02 Why They
03 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
04 Calm Down
05 Can't Hurt My Style
06 Just Us
07 The Cycles Sick
09 Hot Mess
13 Aint Like Us f. A-Mafia
14 Kiatey f. Freekey Zekey & J.R. Writer
15 Swagga Talk f. Hell Rell & 40 Cal
17 Child Of The Ghetto
18 Let Me Know
19 Dead The Funeral

Disc 2
01 Intro
02 Bum Bum f. Penz
05 Fit For The Grind 2 f. Penz
06 Glitter f. Penz
11 Curious f. Penz
13 Are We Cuttin f. Hell Rell & Freekey Zekey
14 Cha Ching f. Hell Rell
17 Weekend

Those are just the hot tracks and you can't name 4 you like?
smh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Out of the new tracks he had on there I still mess with

chitty chitty bang bang
yada yada (you wildin' for not throwing it there)
cha ching

I don't count weekend, child of the ghetto, dead the funeral, callate (I *@+# with those songs too) because I had heard those by the time the mixtape cameout so they weren't new material for me...the rest I might have heard a couple times but didn't have any replay value...

PE#1 doesn't compare to his previous work G...even the beats were stale.
tired.gif

IMO it's going to suck to try and just get on to Cam. No mo. To me it's like if you wasn't in the mist of the whole Dip Set movement whilethey had it, then you miss out alot. Just hearing the music dosn't give you the full experience.

Back
Top Bottom