School me on Cruises to the Carribbean(sp) vol.3 hours left

has anyone been on a Cruise to the Carribbean(sp)? whats it like onboard, dos and donts, etc...

any help would be appreciated

From a kids view (back when I was 16...) it was pretty fun.

Meet a lot of other kids, you see the same people everyday so you build relationships with people on the boat. The food was awesome, (you have to attend thesit down dinners though and not just hang out at the buffet all day). Also remember to get out when the cruise stops over on the island.

Basically it's great because no matter what age you are, you can do anything you want. Parents don't get worried about their kids because there areonly certain places where they could go and they can't escape the boat. You don't have to hang out with your little bro, or big bro. You don't haveto hang with your parents nor your grandparents.

Attend the events and special activies organized by the boat because they are really fun and you get to meet a lot of people. I remember back in the day, I meta bunch of guys my age (14-17) and we entered the adult volleyball tournament on the deck. Needless to say, we cleaned up against a bunch of 25 year olds whowere too cocky for their own good.

Overall great experience.

Don't however get accomodations near the back or front of the boat as they are very rocky.

Be prepared to spend some cash on extra fees though such as drinks. On the cruise i went, you had to pay for drinks. Pop, alcohol etc etc.

This was the Royal Caribbean Cruiseline.

This was the Royal Caribbean Cruiseline.
eek.gif
im going on RC myself.
thanks.

Me and my wife are going so i should have fun huh!!

Yeah I went on one back in the day, nonstop enjoyment man, always something fun to do.

Royal Caribbean FTW.

Besides the partying, I think Royal Caribbean's features onboard are much better than Carnivals.

It's really an amazing experience to go on a cruise. ive been on a few myself and enjoy everytime I go. I would never get tired of it.

RC is the best. They got the cruise game in a headlock.

I've been on about 5 and was never disappointed with RC.

Are you going on the eastern or western Caribbean cruise?

The best stingrays are in Grand Cayman. Don't bother going to the stingray farm in Jamaica. Enjoy the food. Participate in the activities on board. Neverlose sight of your wife.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Are you going on the eastern or western Caribbean cruise?

The best stingrays are in Grand Cayman. Don't bother going to the stingray farm in Jamaica. Enjoy the food. Participate in the activities on board. Never lose sight of your wife.

i'm goin on the Eastern cruise.

my wife's plannin on gettin massages and all that, i jus wanna swim and go to some of the activities on board

how do you get the best deals on a cruise? i wanna go but i have no idea what i'm looking for...i saw on the RC site you get to pick your ship...how do iknow which is best?

How are cruises for the unmarried crowd? I am about to turn 24 and I am planning on going on a cruise soon (I have never been), what can I expect?

BIGGER = BETTER

Make sure you rack up an astronomical bar bill so the ship won't leave you when you're returning late from an island excursion.

vacationstogo.com is pretty good for cruises. I just booked a short cruise on Carnival (FTW by the way). We leave on June 19th out of NY and go up to Canadafor 5 days. I know what you'll say, Canada? The entire cruise itself is why we are going, we're barely in the room with all the things to do so if youget an inside room its way cheap and if you don't use it besides smashing and recovering from drinking you'll be straight. I have been on 4 cruises andI look to book again right when we get back because they're mad fun.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

How are cruises for the unmarried crowd? I am about to turn 24 and I am planning on going on a cruise soon (I have never been), what can I expect?

They have activities for single people.

I specifically remember some sort of club//room for adults exclusively to singles.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

whatever u do, just make sure u talk to her when u see her
Couple years back there was this BADD white chick with a fatty
only saw her once, never saw her again...dont realy care tho
laugh.gif
i heardshe had a stink box
sick.gif

^ thats one of the only things I can think of that would be annoying for a cruise. Sometimes you see a person once and then never again. You'd think sinceyou're all on a boat you would, but sometimes you don't. That is kinda what makes a cruise so cool, that there is always something going on so much soto the point that you might see someone at the bar or club one night then never again.

Cruises are madd fun..went on one last year..It was Carnival...3 years before that I went on a RC boat..its was madd funn..Food non stop..the drinks are a bitexpensive but all in all good trip..there was some drama though..first 2 days we hit a storm so the boat was a bit rocky..then 3 days later a HS graduate diesof alcohol poisoning, smh @ his friends letting him drink too much beer..Here are some tips

* look online for the excursions you want..and book them right away..first night on board..
* check your balance daily..sometimes you loose track of what you spend..also keep in mind they automatically add the tip in daily..so make sure u call theoffice and tell them that at the end of the trip you will tip accordingly
* Make friends or be nice to your waiter..trust me..when you eating and you want that extra lobster tail its good to have friends in high places
* pack light..last time i packed a suitcase just for kicks..SMH @ me.l.
* pack a suit..captains dinners are mad fun and you get to try things you prolly wouldnt try on the outside ..like i had escargo..it was good
* Take advantadge of the shows on the cruise..every night we had a comedy show..it was the funniest thing in the world
* bring alcohol on the shipp..its not illegal just not encouraged..that way when you dont want to spend $9 on a shot of jack..you can always hit the stateroomand get right
*also if you find yourself seasick there are 2 options .they have theese lil round dots that go behind you ear..or this lil rubber band live strong look alikebracelet..they both work good
*also your cleaning lady is going to be your best friend...extra pillows..towel animals the works..so treat him or her good
* and one of the last things..which is the most important..STAY AWAY FROM THE RAILS IF YOUR SAUCEY..not a good look bro

other then that have fun..You said your going with your wife..me and my fiance went last year..and thats where she got pregnant at..lol

Ive been on both RC and Carnival..the one thing i will say is that RC has a few more things to do on the boat..but Carnival had more things to eat..like youcould go to the pizza shop @ 430 in the morning ..Saucey as hell..If i had to choose it would prolly be RC...but my mom got a lil hook up with Carnival so formy brothers graduation and hopefully mine..were doing a cruise next year...leaving from NYC going to Puerto Rico..St Thomas and one other island..

PS i will never do the Bahamas again..i been there twice already, im never going to cruise there again

Back
Top Bottom