School Me on Dominicans...

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Hold up, how did y'all NOT know Untitled = Ninjahood?

I think I'm good at spotting S/N's, but that one was pretty obvious...he wasn't really trying to hide it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

i dissagree, i feel we got a STRONG identiy...there's plenty of ___heights in NYC but if you tell someone "yo im from tha heightz" they know exactly what you talkin about.
pimp.gif
Yessir.

There's definitely a difference between a Dominican from the Heights and from other parts...I found that out once I moved away from there...I was surprised to see PR's and DR's don't differentiate that much where I'm at.

Of course a Heights cat is different from a Corona Dominican, South Bronx Dominican, Sunset Park Dominican, etc. Those cats come to the Heights to party. But,I wont front, Queens got some serious club spots.

I dated a Dominican for 1yr. They cool peoples and like to have fun. Loud? yes. Sexy? double yes. Freak bodies, triple yes?

I appreciate the strong family bond most i know have.
In not in NY though, I'm in DC so there isn't a large Dominican pressence here, but the little that are here are appreciated.

Originally Posted by Liveabovemediocrity

Ill agree if you say the Heights to any NYC cat, he will think of Wash Heights. No doubt about it. All im saying is that we versatile in terms of dress. We don't have a strong identity in terms of gear because we all different. Like i said - urban cats/hick cats. Its not like some Harlem cats who be rocking scarves over their heads or oversized fitteds back in the day.

Our identity lies in the haze, the noise, the women, baseball, platanos like you said, but I was just talking about dress.
thats great, i dress like a goon, champion hoodies, nike boots, oversized fitteds, but i got a cousin that can double for a aventura member.

it usually depends how americanized you allow yourself to be...

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

I dated a Dominican for 1yr. They cool peoples and like to have fun. Loud? yes. Sexy? double yes. Freak bodies, triple yes?

I appreciate the strong family bond most i know have.
In not in NY though, I'm in DC so there isn't a large Dominican pressence here, but the little that are here are appreciated.

You're about to have a lot more of them in DC. The ones I know up here are talking about moving to DC including the native American and Cape Verdean chickshere. FYI I'm from Rhode island.

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by Liveabovemediocrity

Ill agree if you say the Heights to any NYC cat, he will think of Wash Heights. No doubt about it. All im saying is that we versatile in terms of dress. We don't have a strong identity in terms of gear because we all different. Like i said - urban cats/hick cats. Its not like some Harlem cats who be rocking scarves over their heads or oversized fitteds back in the day.

Our identity lies in the haze, the noise, the women, baseball, platanos like you said, but I was just talking about dress.
thats great, i dress like a goon, champion hoodies, nike boots, oversized fitteds, but i got a cousin that can double for a aventura member.

it usually depends how americanized you allow yourself to be...
You consider that being "Americanized"?

United I was never dissing cats who do the scarves over the head or oversize fitted thing. I just said that a lot of Harlem cats do that so thats sort of astaple of theirs. I dont think we necessarily have staples aside from what I mentioned. When it comes to clothes, a heights cat can be everything from Kanye,M.O.P, or Aventura. That's all

Back
Top Bottom