School Me On HOWARD's HOMECOMING...

Me and my compadres are trying to plan some trips...so far,we came up with ATL for the Saints/Falcons game (thats a MUST) and Dallas next year for all StarWeekend (which is a maybe cuz it falls during Mardi Gras),and I came up with the idea of going to Howard Homecoming in October..everybody down with it,so itseems like its gonna be a go,but I dont kno much about DC(only been once,and that was with my HS...museums ftw/politicians ftl).So,I just wanna kno all theessentials so we can be ready,like:

What area will be poppin the most?So we can kno where to book our hotel...

What clubs are poppin out there?

Shopping,Resturants,stuff to do during the day?

I know we wont need a rental car,cause they have a subway system,right?But I really wanna stay in walking distance of where its gonna be poppin...

Yes,I kno im planning WAY ahead,but I wanna kno whats good early so we up on game...appreciate it peoples...

you can probably forget about getting into LOVE...but all the clubs will be poppin...

DC has the Metro...if you stay in the right area i doubt you'll need a car...

Sneaker spots...Major...i think there's a Commonwealth somewhere in DC...then the regs. like Sports Zone and DTLR...

plenty of places to eat...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you can probably forget about getting into LOVE...but all the clubs will be poppin...

DC has the Metro...if you stay in the right area i doubt you'll need a car...

Sneaker spots...Major...i think there's a Commonwealth somewhere in DC...then the regs. like Sports Zone and DTLR...

plenty of places to eat...

what area is Love and the other clubs like that in?Does it have a certain name? Ima need to book our telly close to where its poppin

good idea planning ahead. So i have a few questions: What events are you trying to go to? (step show, celeb basketball game, r&b show, comedy show,football game, parade, yard fest, Are you planning on hitting up the whole week or just the weekend basically? ALL the clubs will be poppin, but i'despecially try to get into Love and Fur. That being said, expect to pay a grip. when I say a grip this past year some ninjas paid 60 to get into Love. Soi'd make some kind of arrangement (VIP list, getting in good with somebody who works there etc.) ahead of time. like a week before the actual date. As faras hotels are concerned i'm not familiar with any that close to campus but you can def get one that's metro accessible and a short distance fromcampus. answer those questions and then i try to elp with the rest

LOVE is in NE DC...i'm pretty sure its the most popular club in DC and every year for homecoming Diddy has a party there...thats where they shotJuelz's "Hey Ma" video back when it was Dream...there's no name for the area cuz its not like its a whole strip of clubs andbars...you'll probably get more help in the DMV forum

Originally Posted by threat6

good idea planning ahead. So i have a few questions: What events are you trying to go to? (step show, celeb basketball game, r&b show, comedy show, football game, parade, yard fest, Are you planning on hitting up the whole week or just the weekend basically? ALL the clubs will be poppin, but i'd especially try to get into Love and Fur. That being said, expect to pay a grip. when I say a grip this past year some ninjas paid 60 to get into Love. So i'd make some kind of arrangement (VIP list, getting in good with somebody who works there etc.) ahead of time. like a week before the actual date. As far as hotels are concerned i'm not familiar with any that close to campus but you can def get one that's metro accessible and a short distance from campus. answer those questions and then i try to elp with the rest

I aint worryin about the step show and all that...but whatever concerts n clubs gon be poppin,Im with it....the celeb bball game sound cool,too..60 for Loveaint nothin,thats what I expected to pay anyway...we paid 60 to get into the velvet Room in ATL for Luda party.Im thinkin u was bout to say like 100+ LOL...Wegoin to have fun,so we aint trippin off payin more than the standard 20 for a club...

Is Love,Fur,etc close to campus??

And we aint gonna stay the whole week..prolly just a long weekend (thursday-Sunday)...so is the first weekend better or the 2nd? Im thinkin the 2nd...thanks,keep the help coming

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

you better perfect your swag surf if your gonna hit up clubs in the A haha
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

good idea planning ahead. So i have a few questions: What events are you trying to go to? (step show, celeb basketball game, r&b show, comedy show, football game, parade, yard fest, Are you planning on hitting up the whole week or just the weekend basically? ALL the clubs will be poppin, but i'd especially try to get into Love and Fur. That being said, expect to pay a grip. when I say a grip this past year some ninjas paid 60 to get into Love. So i'd make some kind of arrangement (VIP list, getting in good with somebody who works there etc.) ahead of time. like a week before the actual date. As far as hotels are concerned i'm not familiar with any that close to campus but you can def get one that's metro accessible and a short distance from campus. answer those questions and then i try to elp with the rest

I aint worryin about the step show and all that...but whatever concerts n clubs gon be poppin,Im with it....the celeb bball game sound cool,too..60 for Love aint nothin,thats what I expected to pay anyway...we paid 60 to get into the velvet Room in ATL for Luda party.Im thinkin u was bout to say like 100+ LOL...We goin to have fun,so we aint trippin off payin more than the standard 20 for a club...

And we aint gonna stay the whole week..prolly just a long weekend (thursday-Sunday)...so is the first weekend better or the 2nd? Im thinkin the 2nd...thanks, keep the help coming

get there late enough LOVE will run you 100+

i've never been on howards campus but LOVE isn't hard to get to

yeah I figured LOVE was gon prolly be around 100....

Im still bout it...we goin hard that weekend...gettin my money right now
smile.gif

I aint worryin about the step show and all that...but whatever concerts n clubs gon be poppin,Im with it....the celeb bball game sound cool,too..60 for Love aint nothin,thats what I expected to pay anyway...we paid 60 to get into the velvet Room in ATL for Luda party.Im thinkin u was bout to say like 100+ LOL...We goin to have fun,so we aint trippin off payin more than the standard 20 for a club...

And we aint gonna stay the whole week..prolly just a long weekend (thursday-Sunday)...so is the first weekend better or the 2nd? Im thinkin the 2nd...thanks, keep the help coming

LOVE & FUR are on opposite sides of New York Ave. not a far drive from HU (in a car)

and yea watch where you park your car around LOVE...

watch yourself on Georgia ave (mostly at night) around HU homecoming period... people stay scoping out of towners...

Originally Posted by webnerd06

LOVE & FUR are on opposite sides of New York Ave. not a far drive from HU (in a car)

and yea watch where you park your car around LOVE...

watch yourself on Georgia ave (mostly at night) around HU homecoming period... people stay scoping out of towners...

Probably not renting a car...we're flying out there..a drive from N.O. to DC is
eyes.gif

and bout the out of towners thing...youre preaching to the choir,Im from New Orleans homie...I aint braggin,but these dudes jack for a living...

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Ibiza will be better than Fur, believe that. And they're all on the New York Ave corridor .

But not walking distance,right? So u gotta take the Metro or a cab or somethin?

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Ibiza will be better than Fur, believe that. And they're all on the New York Ave corridor .
ive always wanted to go to Ibiza... how is it?

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

U street.

Book a hotel downtown though, not in NE.

QFT
any hotel that is not downtown looks like and probably is a *!$%++ joint

good lookin....what kind of stuff is there to do downtown tho?like during the day when aint no parties poppin off?Or should we just go hand around the campus?

Depends when you get to the homecoming...during the day you could check out the yardfest, alota yungins be out there

But theres so much going out that week and the clubs will all be packed, for outta towners that might eff with Love but I doubt a lot of locals go there.

Love Ibiza and FUR are on the NY Ave Area. Love isnt metro accessible, you will need a car, or take a cab. Ibiza is Metro Accessible (RED LINE) NY AVE/FLORIDAAVE Station.

Watch where you park your vehicle at love. Basically if you are goin to HU Homecoming there is lots of places at U Street Corridor, and Adams Morgan isnt farfrom the campus. Take Florida Ave further down. Georgetown has some good spots also. Only thing is Georgetown isnt Metro Accesible either, you will have totake the Circulator or the bus there.
Love will cost $$$ since its Homecoming and Diddy always throws parties there (even tho he never graduated)

Also if you from N.O. then you have common sense when it comes to walking Downtown, such as not having too much on you, (just have ya phone, some cash) dontplay ya iPod loud in your ear, etc.

Also stay downtown in a Hotel. Anywhere in NW is good, also Capitol Hill near Penn Ave, Union Station is ight as well.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Love Ibiza and FUR are on the NY Ave Area. Love isnt metro accessible, you will need a car, or take a cab. Ibiza is Metro Accessible (RED LINE) NY AVE/FLORIDA AVE Station.

Watch where you park your vehicle at love. Basically if you are goin to HU Homecoming there is lots of places at U Street Corridor, and Adams Morgan isnt far from the campus. Take Florida Ave further down. Georgetown has some good spots also. Only thing is Georgetown isnt Metro Accesible either, you will have to take the Circulator or the bus there.
Love will cost $$$ since its Homecoming and Diddy always throws parties there (even tho he never graduated)

Also if you from N.O. then you have common sense when it comes to walking Downtown, such as not having too much on you, (just have ya phone, some cash) dont play ya iPod loud in your ear, etc.

Also stay downtown in a Hotel. Anywhere in NW is good, also Capitol Hill near Penn Ave, Union Station is ight as well.

I was just checking out some hotels in the Downtown Area and The Eldon looks nice,but I dont kno if its close to where all the spots gonna be poppin....itlooks like its where Mass Ave meets NY Ave or somewhere around there...is it easy to take the metro from there?is that even close to the u street corridor?

Love aint set in stone...we just tryina be where ever its poppin at.Im from N.O.,so Im used to everything just being poppin in the French Quarter/Downtown areaand u can walk everywhere and all the streets be packed fulla people...

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Love Ibiza and FUR are on the NY Ave Area. Love isnt metro accessible, you will need a car, or take a cab. Ibiza is Metro Accessible (RED LINE) NY AVE/FLORIDA AVE Station.

Watch where you park your vehicle at love. Basically if you are goin to HU Homecoming there is lots of places at U Street Corridor, and Adams Morgan isnt far from the campus. Take Florida Ave further down. Georgetown has some good spots also. Only thing is Georgetown isnt Metro Accesible either, you will have to take the Circulator or the bus there.

Also if you from N.O. then you have common sense when it comes to walking Downtown, such as not having too much on you, (just have ya phone, some cash) dont play ya iPod loud in your ear, etc.

I was just checking out some hotels in the Downtown Area and The Eldon looks nice,but I dont kno if its close to where all the spots gonna be poppin....it looks like its where Mass Ave meets NY Ave or somewhere around there...is it easy to take the metro from there?is that even close to the u street corridor?

Love aint set in stone...we just tryina be where ever its poppin at.Im from N.O.,so Im used to everything just being poppin in the French Quarter/Downtown area and u can walk everywhere and all the streets be packed fulla people...
Well all day it'll be a lot of stuff happening on Georgia Ave.
If you really want to shop... go to Georgetown... but other than that i would suggest stay around HU campus because most of the stuff you want to do/or lookingforward (besides shopping) happens at night

Back
Top Bottom