School me on Lancer Evos!

I was thinking to trade in my '11 Accord as down payment and get a brand new Evo X. How is the reliability? Cost for maintenance? Cheap to mod? Anyone here owns one?  

Why dont you just keep the Accord?
Theres a few people with Evos here that could give you some insight on reliablity and maintenance. Finns has one.

Cheap to mod? Not at all, if you want quality parts, its gonna cost you a hefty amount. An exhaust can run up to a g or more.

I love the Evo X, im not a big fan of the middle dash. Its an area I think Mitsubishi could improve on, but thats not what Evos are made for. Pure performance.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Theres a few people with Evos here that could give you some insight on reliablity and maintenance. Finns has one.

Cheap to mod? Not at all, if you want quality parts, its gonna cost you a hefty amount. An exhaust can run up to a g or more.

I love the Evo X, im not a big fan of the middle dash. Its an area I think Mitsubishi could improve on, but thats not what Evos are made for. Pure performance.
I want to start going to tracks and with that Accord its no bueno. I was thinking of used GTR but maintenance cost is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I heard Evo mods are easier and cheaper than STi tho. But yea that middle dash is 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
 w/o Navi. %!#* looks like rental car. 

One of my favorite cars of all time. Legendary car.

The Evo X and the WRX are my 2 favorite import cars. My only complaint is that the Evo is only offered with a 5-speed manual on the GSR, you'd think they'd give you a 6-speed but oh well. It's not like I can even drive manual but when I can, I'd probably get the 5-speed GSR.

this > v8 charger thread

and how much are you thinking youll get tradein value on the 11 accord?

i just copped a 10 accord sedan last year and this is tempting the hell out me right now

Originally Posted by scshift

One of my favorite cars of all time. Legendary car.

The Evo X and the WRX are my 2 favorite import cars. My only complaint is that the Evo is only offered with a 5-speed manual on the GSR, you'd think they'd give you a 6-speed but oh well. It's not like I can even drive manual but when I can, I'd probably get the 5-speed GSR.
6 speeds blow up anyways i think.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

I want to start going to tracks and with that Accord its no bueno. I was thinking of used GTR but maintenance cost is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I heard Evo mods are easier and cheaper than STi tho. But yea that middle dash is 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

From an Accord, to thinking of a GTR, to an Evo? You're all over the place bro. 
laugh.gif

Evo would be of the best cars around $30k to track. Would be one of the best cars period, regardless of price to track.

My bro has a X, GSR, light mods so far.
One of the best driving experiences a car can offer IMO. Lemme know if you want me to ask him anything.

Originally Posted by sunny559

One of the best driving experiences a car can offer IMO. Lemme know if you want me to ask him anything.
did you ever ride his car? if so how is the rooming? coming from accord its very large sedan and im 6ft tall so i dont wanna be cramped in there. 

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

this > v8 charger thread

and how much are you thinking youll get tradein value on the 11 accord?

i just copped a 10 accord sedan last year and this is tempting the hell out me right now
i havent really got a quote but im assuming 17 - 19 grand. i mean i had it for 4 months barely under 8k miles and its SE (leather seats, alloy rims, seat heater). car costed about 25k. only thing is i got some barely visible dents on the hood because of a damn branch 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. i dont think it effects the value that much tho.

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Evo would be of the best cars around $30k to track. Would be one of the best cars period, regardless of price to track.

i mean evo x MR brand new is 40k and i found used GTR w/ 15k miles for $55k so mind as well if it wasnt for the damn maintenance. 

Originally Posted by sunny559

did you ever ride his car? if so how is the rooming? coming from accord its very large sedan and im 6ft tall so i dont wanna be cramped in there. 
I've ridden in it & driven it plentyyyyyyy of times.
It wont be as roomy as your accord (or my camry), but its not as small as people think. btw my bro's 6'3, I'm 6'2.
I can sit comfortably in the backseat.
edit: best evo form out there, from reviews to downloadable engine maps 
pimp.gif

http://evolutionm.net/

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i mean evo x MR brand new is 40k and i found used GTR w/ 15k miles for $55k so mind as well if it wasnt for the damn maintenance. 
Man if you are gonna get an Evo X, get a manual. If not, stay with the GTR. 
laugh.gif

Honest suggestion, sleep on it for a few more weeks, if you still want the Evo, go for it. Why not a 335i sedan or something?

laugh.gif

Man if you are gonna get an Evo X, get a manual. If not, stay with the GTR. 
laugh.gif

Honest suggestion, sleep on it for a few more weeks, if you still want the Evo, go for it. Why not a 335i sedan or something?
isnt MR manual with paddle shift? and GSR is the one w/ stick shift. actually i was thinking of used 08 M3 sedan but i dont really know about german cars. reliability is 
sick.gif
sick.gif

e92 reliability is decent except for the TT 335i's

you're asking very basic questions, like if you can fit in the car and whatnot
laugh.gif

go to a dealer and test drive them, see what you end up liking the best.

get a used M3 OP
pimp.gif

one of my fav cars

whitee92m3.jpg

if not get an evo though you can make it as fast as a stock GTR if you lightly mod it

Back
Top Bottom