School Me On Northeastern University

Ok so I just got my acceptance letter from Northeastern University and I realize that I know almost nothing about the school. Now I was allowed to apply to up to 7 schools and I basically applied there on a whim just to fill up all 7. However I received generous financial aid and even an academic scholarship and the tuition cost of the school is very reasonable. Are there any current students or alumni on niketalk?

I plan on visiting the school very soon but I want to know as much as I can before I decide on going so far for college (I'm from New York City)

i work right next to it.... dope area, near fenway, roxbury, south end... if you from NY though, might be boring to you. i did not go to northeastern but i lived on the campus for a few years...lost of shorties floating around though..

It's in Roxbury, MA. Small campus; my cousin went there for the 5-year co-op criminal justice undergrad program.

i have been accepted also. its not just a five year program. you choose whether you want four or five years. you can do co-op in four years. man i live in boston and being on campus has a great feeling. you feel as though so mad far away from the hood which is across the street. northeastern is like the dividing line in every city where the hood ends and the part of the city the tourist only see begins. its a great school though. nice campus. its a huge campus what are you talking bout

Big co-op school, honestly not great academically..they accept a lot of people. The co-op is a neat and helpful experience though.

i meen its not BC but its a real good school. they did recieve a record of over 30,000 applications this year. so it was tough getting in. i know kids with 4.0 gpa s that didnt get in or got waitlisted.

It's a very good school

Like it was said before, you might not like the city experience or the area as much as others, as you're from NYC

Code:
 TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

i go to NU, its a great school.

i can answer any questions you have.

but yeah, real close to Laced so thats always good.

i am graduating from northeastern this year, and i only went for 4 years. The school has been on the up in terms of academic reputation and is getting more selective every year. the campus is pretty big and most buildings are new. id highly reccomend taking a tour especially if you are so close in NY.

i still dont know how i got into the school with my grades from high school, but yeah its a great campus, and a ton of new buildings.

the hockey/basketball arena is getting a facelift within the next year, and that will make the athletics at the school more fun to watch.

Yeah I go there. Its a great school, especially if your a business major. I guess u would have to get use to Boston. Some ppl hate it some ppl love it. I guess it would depend where your coming from. Obviously the fashion level ain't up to N.Y.'s but then again your coming here for school.

the campus is going to be even bigger now with the monster dorm towers they are building behind ruggles.....

i would not want to get placed in that building....ever

Quote: Snookie Snook
i meen its not BC but its a real good school. they did recieve a record of over 30,000 applications this year. so it was tough getting in. i know kids with 4.0 gpa s that didnt get in or got waitlisted.

Wow I did not know that. I had a 80.28 gpa in high school but I got a 2070 on my SAT's.

I visited Northeastern. The problem with it is that it's literally a ghost town late at night. I was in Fenway Park burning an L with my friend who goes there and there was nobody around at all.

northeastern is a decent school, i guess the reason it seems like it's in the background is because Boston is surrounded by some of the top academic schools in the world.... Harvard, MIT, BC, BU....

Quote:
I visited Northeastern. The problem with it is that it's literally a ghost town late at night. I was in Fenway Park burning an L with my friend who goes there and there was nobody around at all.

it's not just the northeastern area, it;s Boston..... the Fenway park area is the main clubbing district... and yet, it's very dead in the evenings....that;s cuz everything closes damn early in Boston. it;s an old fashioned town.....
...and this thread will be locked in 4, 3, 2...

i went to NU graduated in may 05. great city, very clean and easy to learn your way around especially transportation and the "T", very nice campus, and plenty of exotic honey dips. nicepiff also.

Back
Top Bottom