School me on Seattle sneaker spots, culture, food etc.

So I'll be visiting Seattle in a couple of weeks and I wanted to know what are some highlights or things I can expect or look forward to. Other than the space needle and that undeground seattle deal, I have no idea what to do or what to have. Also, there are like 3 or 4 threads asking for sneakers spots and the same 3 or 4 spots keep coming up: Goods, Capitol 1524, 35th north, and Sneaker city. My question is, what can I expect to find there? Is it overpriced stuff that I can find at any ol' jouneys or can I find genuine heat there? I'll only be in town for a couple of days unfortunately, so I won't have time to check it all out (well, except for the sneaker spots lol) But any hints or suggestions of good food spots or cool places to go that you guys can recommend would be greatly appreciated.
"A heartless hand on my shoulder, A push and a it's over...But before I began,I was bored before I even began... -SPM

Not really a fan of sneaker city, but Goods is always a good start. 35th is more of a skate shop but they have wide selection of clothes and if you skate then thats great shop to pick up some things. For Capitol they may have what your looking for, they may not it just depends on your taste, but lately they had some nice adidas lately. I mean whats your definition of heat?

Other than that check out the EMP at seattle center, learn about our rich musical history. Go get some ezells chicken ( even though its not what it used to be) Catch a Mariners game, and if your 21 check out pioneer or some places up on Capitol hill ( The War Room, Nuemos, random pubs). Try out Hot Mama's pizza near Pike and Harvard ( I think) and try heading out to the U District ( always good teriyaki or Pho out there). Gameworks is always an option too...

I think of more...

Quote:
I mean whats your definition of heat?

Good question. I guess my definition would be downgraded from most of you guys. I live in a small town in Md and we don't really have these kinds of shops around here, so I guess what I meant was anything comparable to a Lifted or Just be in Portland, which I've also visited. Around here we pretty much have Journeys and DTLR and the usual footlocker, finishline crap. So anyplace with J's or SB's or stuff that you cant find at the mall based footwear places.
"A heartless hand on my shoulder, A push and a it's over...But before I began,I was bored before I even began... -SPM

he said pioneer square i say belltown. also walkin the water front aint bad. nice scenary. and is that underground place ur talkin bout pike place market? if not thats a must.
jordan releases should be a national holiday

Thanks for the replies so far. The seattle underground thing I was referring to was this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground_Tour

I saw something on it on the History Channel or something. It was a show called "haunted getaways" or something like that and it looked like an interesting, offbeat attraction.

Quote:
Good question. I guess my definition would be downgraded from most of you guys. I live in a small town in Md and we don't really have these kinds of shops around here, so I guess what I meant was anything comparable to a Lifted or Just be in Portland, which I've also visited. Around here we pretty much have Journeys and DTLR and the usual footlocker, finishline crap. So anyplace with J's or SB's or stuff that you cant find at the mall based footwear places.

Then Goods and Capitol are your places to go. Homie is right about Belltown. Alot of nice places. Ricks is about the only decent strip joint in seattle, if thats your thing also... :wink:
wink.gif

Belltown > Capitol Hill > Pioneer Square

Thats if of course your 21+, otherwise yeah, Pike Place, Alki got nice scenary of the downtown skyline.
Your
Signature
Is
Overated

If you go to Alki go to The Bamboo. Otherwise listen top these dudes they gave you great advice.

Quote:
what can I expect to find there?

things you can expect at both Goods and Capitol.
are size 8 and 12 in shoes everyone wants.
other than that, it will most likely be sold out.

Quote:
Is it overpriced

prices are about "street" value
just like Gas, you can find cheaper things somewhere else if you look hard enough.

Quote:
stuff that I can find at any ol' jouneys or can I find genuine heat there

surprisingly Journey's has been getting their hands on some Urban Dunks.
but like i said before, getting the shoes at Goods or Capitol for some Heat....the sizes that are usually left are 8's and 12's

------------------
i'm getting rid of most my Shoes
all 8.5 some 9.

hit me up on AIM for the list: monkekey

Pics of shoes on sale

oh and Food.

Vietnamese Sandwhiches just looks for a Vietnamese deli.
they're only $2.
you should get the BBQ Pork it's the best one.
(they usually taste the same at all of them)
for Sushi..go to Sushi land(it's right next to the Tower Records in the area of the Space Needle), pretty cheap plates and they have Green Tea Ice Cream.
------------------
i'm getting rid of most my Shoes
all 8.5 some 9.

hit me up on AIM for the list: monkekey

Pics of shoes on sale

Hey thanks everyone! Sounds like Seattle is quite the international dining site! I'm looking forward to my visit even more now.

Quote:
things you can expect at both Goods and Capitol.are size 8 and 12 in shoes everyone wants.

Perfect! I happen to wear a 12/13 and my girl, who is coming with me, wears a 7.5 (I'm sure she'll take an 8 if the right shoe comes along lol) Now, when you say its stuff everyone wants, can you please elaborate?

You are right about Journeys, actually. I went to my local one yesterday and they have some new court forces I've never seen before that were pretty slick.

Quote:
Vietnamese Sandwhiches just looks for a Vietnamese deli.

There is one specific Vietnamese (I believe) sandwhich I've always wanted to try. Not sure what it's called but I believe it's called a St. George Sandwich. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I highly recommend hitting up the pikeplace market and going down the stairs and walking on the pier. really really nice on hot days.

as far as shoes go, go to Goods.
aim- watch0utitskevin
email- kevinhan206@yahoo.com

ima be in town for a macys seminar but im only gonna be free for a couple of hours. i wish i had time to kinda experience things.

well depending on where your seminar is (which Macy's) and also what hours your free you might actually be able to check out some pretty cool stuff. So, when and where?

It looks like I might be making a move to your fine city of Seattle, and I am shocked to hear that there are only 4 stores in the Seattle area to buy sneakers at.

There has to be more than that!!!

also, did people line up for MARS IV and other similar releases?

thanks,
dubl
Haters Need To Hate Harder!!

If your going to seattle then you gotta visit the pier and grab some salmon
One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall-Optimus Prime

LIONS,TIGERS,BEARS OH MY RIDE!

Also, if your into Seafood, Ivars is the best spot for quick awesome seafood on the pier!!! Only Ivars I go to!!

aight here's some @#%$ u need to hit up. seattle is all about the S's , sites, sneakers, sports and seafood
sites:
space needle, pike place market, Experience Music Project (EMP.... It's the Ugly Building)
sneakers:
goods, 35th north, capitol, niketown.
sports: hit up a mariners game the stadium is hot. and it ain't like they sellin out every game either so u can get tix anytime.
seafood: a given if you're landlocked

and btw. screw the underground tour.
Cold, Wet, Hungry, Need Help..... Please Send Nikes​

Back
Top Bottom