School me on the Air Max 90 Infrared Releases

Remember to sz up though folks - the retro HOAs ran mad small - I was able to score 2 pair off of ebay sz 11 but :frown:
frown.gif
had to sell them off due to the sizing issues (for some ungodly reason the toexbox ran tight on the Infrared retros)

Maybe that's why NTers like the mesh toeboxes so much? :tongue:
tongue.gif

btw - kevin2nd - when my buddy visited Guam on vacation he came back with his pair and told me they were sitting in the Nike Outlet for like $30 USD - my jaw dropped lol

Yo I slept so hard on these and now I kicking myself for it.

I remember when these dropped mad people on here pick up 2+ pairs for like $40 or less each because of the Footlocker sale that weekend. These weren't excluded from the sale so NTers went in on these. If Im not mistaken they came out in the middle of the week and 1 or maybe 2 people paid retail and others on here were just waiting till the sale at Footlocker that weekend. Once the sale hit the pick-up post was flooded with infrareds. Mostly everyone who bought them paid like less than retail and picked up two pairs. Some people were posting their receipts with a total like in the $80s for two pairs at that.

One of the Buy/Sell mods (not to sure but I think it was ipg05) put up an 11.5 (my size) in the buy sell a while ago I think back in June. He wanted like I think $140 - $160 and I thought that was asking for a bit too much, but shoot with dudes selling them for $350+ $160 doesnt seem all that bad now. Also, I remember FlightClub had them up in Jan. Mar. of this year going for $120 - $150 and I still thought that was too high and slept hard again.

My guess for them going for this much is because people who initially had them messed them up, and from what I hear they get messed up pretty easily, and want them again and/or others saw them in posts or on peoples feet and started feeling them.

When I first started seeing people post about them I didnt like them at all because they looked a little pinker than infrared, but as time went on they started to grow on me. I seen the shirt that goes with the sneakers go for $100+ on eBay. That also reminds me that when these came out people had a hard time finding clothes to match them. A lot of people turned to I think the FlightClub t-shirts that they had at the time that had a similar infrared color scheme.

Also, throughout this post I am referring to the last retro release of these sneakers, not the one in 03 in Europe or whatever. Im referring to the one that came out in like 05 I think.

They're nice, but nowhere near $350+ nice at least for me. I'd rather wait till they get re-retroed again or something. I still can't believe they are going for that much, it's crazy. I wonder what really drove the price up like that becuase these were everywhere.

I got mine from Finishline using a 20% off coupon. So $55 each. Pure GRs which went up 5x in value in 2 years is unheard of. Nearly the same situation is for the AM1s from the same release. I sold those for $150 recently. I also sold a pair of grey yellow mesh 90s for $220 - used.
"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of Nikes and they're happy..." - Ghost World

Got me a size 10 back in January 06 for retail. I've worn em maybe 6 times.
Fort Lauderdale 954 Resider​

yeah, when these came out, they sat on shelves for a while.... i bought my pair couple weeks after release and I still saw pairs in january..... i suppose they were too GR for the hypebeasts that were camping out for Patent Avenger and Pushead dunk SBs.....
...no really.

Also I think one situation that contributed to the skyrocketing value was that people actually wore these. Nobody was stockpiling these much after the first couple of months. They are being worn and not many DS pairs around now.
"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of Nikes and they're happy..." - Ghost World

it's not really "resellers" at this point. Resellers were crashing the finishline server at midnight and then selling them the next day for $20 profit.

I'm a retiring collector, I sold my 2 pair which I got for myself, in my size only.

anyone have any advice on cleaning the toe box? i got some dirt on there and used soap and water to clean it, which left a water stain that is worse than the original stain. how can i get the mesh back to normal? any help is appreciated.

The way these were on sale all over the place, I have to believe that some stores still have them somewhere.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

I am so mad..I copped from eastbay and they lost the package. Gave me a refund but I never saw the shoes and they didn't have my size any more.
TeamLakers
JO wants to come..Mitch make it happen.​

they ARE resellers imo. theres nothing wrong with that

i look at the air trainer market as the best example.

models and colors are IMPOOOOOOOOOSIBLE to find because people who bought them wore them. thats just how most of that market operates. The sneakerhead of today is a hooder, myself included. its especially prevelent with airmaxes and jordans though
Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old.​

I hate this thread for me not having them...
And I might buy a pair for about 100...

There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me​

Oh and another thing.

the dude who bought them paid me with Western Union. So he might have paid about $370.00 including all those transfer fees.

Quote:
Before the Infrared retros there were the Max Orange retros in Australia back in 2002. Model number is 304300 101. Look almost identical but the shade is a little different. If I'm not mistaken that is the true OG color?

The first retro wasn't just in Australia but also in the EU around 2001/2 called MX ORANGE. They were sold in the EU at footlocker. They were re retroed in 2003 as INFAREDS at Niketown and the now famous JD Sports. They were re re retroed as part of the HOA pack in 2005 as Air Max 90 Classic INFARED.

The Original colour was Hyvent orange in 1990.

peace

^True. I picked up a pair at my FL here in Munich back in 2000/2001. I never paid any attention to what the label on the box, but flipped them because I didn't get a 1/2 bigger. Ended up selling them for about $160.

Peace
FSharp005

Damn I aint know they was goin for bank like that....can't ya just remake infrareds on nike ID whenever ya want?
team platano/BLACKMARKET
check out da myspace
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
If Im not mistaken they came out in the middle of the week and 1 or maybe 2 people paid retail and others on here were just waiting till the sale at Footlocker that weekend. Once the sale hit the pick-up post was flooded with infrareds. Mostly everyone who bought them paid like less than retail and picked up two pairs. Some people were posting their receipts with a total like in the $80s for two pairs at that.
peace.
..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd rather be with her

Back
Top Bottom