Science Classes in the Summer

Has anyone here taken science courses in the summer? If so was it easier or harder?

I was thinking about taking a Chemistry class in the summer rather than the fall so I could get it over with quicker since I have never been good in the science area.

even if it's an "intro" to chemistry class. i just want to take it so i could get rid of the GE requirement

I wouldnt recommend it.

Classes like that.. i doubt would skip a lot of material like other summer courses.

You would be fixed to learn everything in 1.5-2 weeks than take a exam.. when in fall you'll have 6 weeks than an exam.

If you never been good at science, I wouldnt recommend taking chem in the summer. It will only rush you to learn the material faster. You will have exams almost right after you just learned it basically.

I took Chem in the summer. Spent 6 hours a day in class (3hr lecture and 3hr lab). I was worth it for me because it counted for my high school requirement and now my college requirements.

I took biology in the summer and I didn't know "S" about
It was hellish to say the least. I almost didn't pass the class, I was seriously in danger of getting a "D". But one day the prof told us to study the female reproductive system, so I went home and studied the box, and saved my ***

it was easier just a lot of stuff you have to study/remember
they just gave us the review and that was that, think i got a B

Sorry, no jack thread but i need this question answered. How bad is it to have a dropped class on your transcript? im taking A&P 1 now and this is no joke

if it is intro it shouldn't be too hard at all

if you are trying to take a class like o chem you better be good at science

I took General Chem at San Jose State during the semester and failed. I retook General Chem at a JC over summer and got a B. Just make sure the professor is good.

Originally Posted by 650

I took General Chem at San Jose State during the semester and failed. I retook General Chem at a JC over summer and got a B. Just make sure the professor is good.

i go to sjsu too. every time i hear anything about chem there it's always bad that is why i'm trying to take it at a community college during the summer. did u take chem 1A or chem 30A?

The only science class I took was Bio 107, which was the 2nd Bio class you need to take for the pre med req. The class was a lot easier and the professor ended the lectures a lot quicker than the scheduled time.

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

Sorry, no jack thread but i need this question answered. How bad is it to have a dropped class on your transcript? im taking A&P 1 now and this is no joke

I feel for you. A and P 1 was brutal for me. It gets a little easier in the end. I got a D on every exam except for the last 2, and managed to get a C in the class.   Use flash cards, they help. And dropping your class is not a big deal.  But you should really try and stick with it if its a class required for your degree.

recommended. had to retake physics. originally had a D. went to sac city and got a B. it's faster but easier. teacher let us use cheat sheets. In lab i also had a pretty fine chick who went to USC as my lab partner.

I found that I either did really well or really poorly when I took my science classes in the summer. It really depends on the prof because the course crams almost 4 months worth of material into 4 weeks.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Originally Posted by 650

i go to sjsu too. every time i hear anything about chem there it's always bad that is why i'm trying to take it at a community college during the summer. did u take chem 1A or chem 30A?
chem 1a. i strongly recommend taking it at a community college. my friend is taking chem 1a at sjsu for the 3rd time this semester.

Back
Top Bottom