SCIENTISTS OFFER DIRE WARNING FOR EARTH

Oh man, why such horrible news now? Wasn't there a story relatively recently about how the ice in the poles was increasing? Or at least not melting as fastas in recent years? Something like that..

Originally Posted by f3DJam

global warming is bs. this was the coldest year in my city since 88
Global warming supposed to lead to climate change. Don't necessarily mean everywhere getting warmer.

eh... there are MANY scientific studies and reports that prove global warming is a sham.

Compared to a near-consensus amongst climate-change experts that global warming is a very real phenomenon, with a significant portion caused by humans"many" isn't very substantive in my opinion (relatively speaking).

How can people not believe global warming (aka climate changes, not necessarily getting hotter)? The proof is in the pudding. A huge chunk of Antarctica isabout to break off, and changing weather has led us to more tropical storms in recent years.

Even if your @!#%%+% doesn't believe in global warming, does that still make it ok to pollute our air? Really? Is asthma on the rise just by chance? Are wepiling trash that isn't biodegradable into special, magical landfills that make it nice, tidy, and clean?

Get a grip people, it goes beyond JUST global warming, and if you aren't part of the solution, you are definitely part of the problem in this situation.Ignorance does not make apathy alright. Do everything you can to help your planet, because quite frankly, its decline in quality is accelerating very quickly.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

It was like 30 degrees today in Oklahoma, in March. Global Warming is a failure
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So many great scientists in this thread
eyes.gif

EDIT: Not that science matters, most people seem to think "god" will protect them.

Wasn't there a thread where scientists said that we were on the brink of an ice age? They need to make up their mind.

Cliff's notes:
The thing a SENSIBLE person would identify is that humans aren't able to create a dangerous global-cooling situation by doing our dailyactivities, and the problem is that our daily activities do further the global-warming problem in regards to the green house effect.

What is there not to "believe" about global warming? It's factual. I mean, do you not "believe" in gravity?
laugh.gif
Here's a basicgist of it all:

It's called the Green House Effect:
When you leave your car parked in the sun, it gets hotter inside, right? Same thing. The glass allows or sun rays to come through and generate heat in the car,but there's no way for the heat to escape. Thus, your car is unbearably hot inside.
With Earth, the gases that are omitted by cows, cars, factories, etc. all go into the atmosphere and create a window (so-to-speak) over the planet. This makesus like the car scenario, except we're stuck in the car.
Granted, natural gas omission is bound to happen (via cows and stuff) - it's being GREATLY increased by all of the stuff humans are doing.

The argument in the past was that global warming is good because it will prevent another ice age... if it's hot, it can't get too cold... it'spretty ridiculous to hear now, but it was supported by the meteoric theory of how the dinosaurs became extinct. That is, that a huge meteor hit the planet andcaused all sorts of ash and soot to go into the atmosphere and create a thick shield-like thing around the planet - preventing ANY heat from getting in. Thus,the planet froze over and ended off the dinosaurs.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Cliff's notes:
The thing a SENSIBLE person would identify is that humans aren't able to create a dangerous global-cooling situation by doing our daily activities, and the problem is that our daily activities do further the global-warming problem in regards to the green house effect.

What is there not to "believe" about global warming? It's factual. I mean, do you not "believe" in gravity?
laugh.gif
Here's a basic gist of it all:

It's called the Green House Effect:
When you leave your car parked in the sun, it gets hotter inside, right? Same thing. The glass allows or sun rays to come through and generate heat in the car, but there's no way for the heat to escape. Thus, your car is unbearably hot inside.
With Earth, the gases that are omitted by cows, cars, factories, etc. all go into the atmosphere and create a window (so-to-speak) over the planet. This makes us like the car scenario, except we're stuck in the car.
Granted, natural gas omission is bound to happen (via cows and stuff) - it's being GREATLY increased by all of the stuff humans are doing.

The argument in the past was that global warming is good because it will prevent another ice age... if it's hot, it can't get too cold... it's pretty ridiculous to hear now, but it was supported by the meteoric theory of how the dinosaurs became extinct. That is, that a huge meteor hit the planet and caused all sorts of ash and soot to go into the atmosphere and create a thick shield-like thing around the planet - preventing ANY heat from getting in. Thus, the planet froze over and ended off the dinosaurs.
lol

"Greatly"? How are you able to quantify human activities? If this is greatly than what would be "moderately" or"inconsequential"?

You know.
All those fish urinating in the Atlantic sure do contribute to the water level of that ocean. I mean.......there are billions of those suckers.
If they keep urinating they'll flood the coasts soon!!!

How can people not believe global warming (aka climate changes, not necessarily getting hotter)?
I always thought the debate was not about climate change (always occurring) but how much of a role people had it in. Anyway, what are you goingto do?
frown.gif

the only promising thing that will happen in 2012 is the olympics and everyone in this thread will have another birthday pass....thats all...cut it out...iremember how everyone was buggin over Y2K...BOOO YOU BELIEVERS!

2006 was another "year" I believe. 1999 as well. I don't know, seems like people are all pumped about the "end of the world" every 4years or so.

who knows whats gonna happen?... but I KNOW WHATS NOT GOING TO OCCUR..... man made climate change...

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

Every single planet in this solar system is changing majorly right now .... not just earth
where do you get your information from?
http://www.livescience.com/environment/070312_solarsys_warming.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

The best way to get people to flinch, it to scare them into action...

GOOD LOOKS

DONT BELIEVE WHAT PEOPLE ARE GUESSING & COMING UP WITH

thats like believing the word of the Jesus

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Every single planet in this solar system is changing majorly right now .... not just earth
where do you get your information from?
http://www.livescience.com/environment/070312_solarsys_warming.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

The best way to get people to flinch, it to scare them into action...

GOOD LOOKS

DONT BELIEVE WHAT PEOPLE ARE GUESSING & COMING UP WITH

thats like believing the word of the Jesus
if you believe so strongly that the world is going to end in 2012, then since you're going to die anyways. help all of us out & just offyourself now so we dont have to hear to nonsensical theories anymore

Originally Posted by devildog1776

who knows whats gonna happen?... but I KNOW WHATS NOT GOING TO OCCUR..... man made climate change...

How do you know this...? The climate change due to global warming and the green house effect are majority affected by man-made machine emissions. I mean, if itwasn't for man, how much CO2 do you really think would be being let out? Arguably, the gas emissions from cows are man-made because the only reason thereare even living cattle is because man raises them to eat. With that established, what forms of non-man-made emissions are there?

Back
Top Bottom