Scott Foster NBA Ref aka Dirty Squirrel

How is this guy still a referee in the NBA?

He was best friends with Tim Donaghy, if you don't know who that is he was the NBA ref that deliberately fixed and bet on NBA games and served 15 months in prison for it. From October 2006 to April 2007 Donaghy made 126 called to his booke and 136 calls to his BFF Scott Foster.

Donaghy’s phone records for one of those days, Dec. 30, obtained by Fox News, reveal the following:

— 10:34 a.m. – Donaghy calls Foster.

— 10:35 a.m. – Donaghy calls another referee.

— 10:36 a.m. – Donaghy calls Martino, the “middleman” between him and his bookie.

— 10:39 a.m. – Donaghy calls Foster.

— 5:15 p.m. – Donaghy calls Martino.

— 5:23 p.m. – Donaghy calls Martino.

Who cares? They were best friends and wanted to talk?

How about this..........

During the 2006-07 period under investigation, seven games refereed by Scott Foster had lopsided enough betting on one team to move the point spread by at least 2 points; those seven teams were undefeated against Vegas – meaning that the big-money gamblers won a 7 of 7 times on Foster's games; the odds of that happening randomly are less than 1%.

Statistics alone cannot convict, but it's certainly noteworthy that seven times in Foster's games one team was bet extremely heavily, and all seven times that team won," said RJ Bell of Pregame.com.

Two of those seven games stand out:
On January 19, 2007 the Kings opened as a 1.5 favorites at Boston; betting on Sacramento moved the line to -4.5. Kings won by 5, shooting 25 free throws, versus only 14 free throws for the home team Celtics. On March 20, 2007 the Nuggets opened as 2.5 point underdogs at New Jersey. Denver was bet so heavily, they closed as 1 point favorites. Denver won by 4, shooting 32 free throws versus only 22 for the home team Nets.

The point I'm trying to make is that this guy is a dirty little squirrel ref, and he's still in the league fixing games.

Pretty sure the Warriors won game 6 in Cleveland last year with Scott Foster officiating so............

Warriors fans are UNBEARABLE with the all the *****ing and moaning about refs. it's sad. my timeline is just full of all this crying whenever they lose. they seem to be blind to the other team getting hosed just the same.

NBA refs suck. but they usually suck both ways. as a neutral fan, i've seen both teams get hosed on calls.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a vid of all 6 of Curry's fouls from last night

Keep in mind I really had no idea about this guys history until I conducted a google search today.......

Im sure the Thunder got plenty calls in their favor blowing that 3-1 lead against GSW

Don't forget the second ref last night was Kenny Mauer who is a convicted felon.

An NBA ref went to prison for rigging games :lol: but they want us to believe it was just him. Let's be real

Last edited:
Honestly I'm pissed.

Cool. You manned up to it.

At the same time just relax and remember Game 7 is back in Oakland. The power of having home court advantage in a series and especially Game 7 at home is HUGE.

Heck the only team EVER to win a Finals road Game 7 for the championship was way back in 1969 when the Boston Celtics beat the Lakers in LA for the Championship.

No way this happening with Lebron and the Cavs :lol:

People just got to look at it and realize the NBA from a buisiness stand point. If the Finals ended in 5 games with the Warriors taking it the NBA would have lost a ton of money in revenue from the TV contract deal, TV ratings, insane ticket prices at the gate, merchandise sales, etc.

That's where the conspiracy theories begin about rigged games. Especially when the refs call games lopsided or one way for a particular team.

Last edited:
Stern is the same dude that let Donald Sterling continue to be an owner despite a history of racism.

I definitely see Adam Silver taking action and getting rid of Scott Foster and other crooked refs or using the instant reply system to correct their mistakes in game.

I see the league as on the forefront of evolution and I honestly think that with the advancement in drone/AI technology NBA refs will be a dying breed and the NBA will be the first league with drone/AI referees very soon.

Honestly I'm pissed.

Cool. You manned up to it.

At the same time just relax and remember Game 7 is back in Oakland. The power of having home court advantage in a series and especially Game 7 at home is HUGE.

Heck the only team EVER to win a Finals road Game 7 for the championship was way back in 1969 when the Boston Celtics beat the Lakers in LA for the Championship.

No way this happening with Lebron and the Cavs :lol:

People just got to look at it and realize the NBA from a buisiness stand point. If the Finals ended in 5 games with the Warriors taking it the NBA would have lost a ton of money in revenue from the TV contract deal, TV ratings, insane ticket prices at the gate, merchandise sales, etc.

That's where the conspiracy theories begin about rigged games. Especially when the refs call games lopsided or one way for a particular team.

I hope that history is in our favor, and we have some ref that are fair and balanced like Fox News.

With that being said I still dislike Scott Foster.

Stern is the same dude that let Donald Sterling continue to be an owner despite a history of racism.

I definitely see Adam Silver taking action and getting rid of Scott Foster and other crooked refs or using the instant reply system to correct their mistakes in game.

I see the league as on the forefront of evolution and I honestly think that with the advancement in drone/AI technology NBA refs will be a dying breed and the NBA will be the first league with drone/AI referees very soon.

Don't bet on these changes happening anytime soon.

As good as Adam Silver has been as the commissioner lately compared to David Stern or Roger Goodel. Silver is one of the few guys in favor of legalizing sports book betting on the NBA and other pro leagues.

Last edited:
I hope that history is in our favor, and we have some ref that are fair and balanced like Fox News.

With that being said I still dislike Scott Foster.

:lol:

Yeah..right.

Home of the extreme right wing party.Where their TV viewing ratings have dropped so bad during Obama's 8 years in office.

I don't know if the game was rigged (and I hope it isn't the case), since the Warriors went down 31-11 on their own, but I do think the refs, for whatever reason, prevented the Warriors from attempting their comeback when they were down ~10-12 points with a couple minutes left in the game with those suspect foul calls on Curry (and not calling fouls on the Cavs). Once they called that BS foul on Curry, they basically ended the game there.

Last edited:
I don't know if the game was rigged (and I hope it isn't the case), since the Warriors went down 31-11 on their own, but I do think the refs, for whatever reason, prevented the Warriors from attempting their comeback when they were down ~10-12 points with a couple minutes left in the game with those suspect foul calls on Curry (and not calling fouls on the Cavs). Once they called that BS foul on Curry, they basically ended the game there.

Sad thing is Scott Foster has a history of doing this to other teams throughout the years, from the Wizards, to the Thunder! Not to mention getting gentle humans like Shaun Livingston and Steph Curry infuriated for non calls and ejected :smh:

Back
Top Bottom