Scott Storch has more talent than your favorite producer.

I don't think Ryan Leslie is talked about enough...
THIS ........I like the way you think my man
wink.gif
..........IMO everyone has a SOUND which changes the way we  grade them  Battlecat  and EA SKI are  my personal favorites most people only grade greatness on cracking the top 40 rotation and to each his/her own......my 2 cents repped

Last edited:
Some good albums. But IMO the Neptunes sound never aged well to me. In early 2000 to 2005 the sound was fresh and new but 5 years later it doesn't move me like it use to. Like today, I can put in The College Dropout, I can put in The Blueprint, or Common Be, and it still sounds relevant to my life in a way, maybe different than it did before, but it still sounds good. Early Neptunes stuff just sounds like stuff that was hot during that time, but doesn't stand the test of time. As you can see I'm a huge Kanye fan....

As far as the Neptunes go, I was a huge fan of Chad Hugo, and I can tolerate Pharrell, but I just can't relate to that stuff today like I did back then. I dunno, maybe it's the thin Korg Triton presets they used, but it just sounds old to me.

So Grindin and Superthug didn't stand the test of time?

The Neptunes are much bigger than Hip-Hop/Rap.

When you create SMASHES (plural) for Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Gloria Estefan, Madonna, *NSYNC, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt...

And then turn around and create HOOD classics for Noreaga, Clipse, Birdman...

With the Snoops, Bustas, Nellys, Ludas and Jays in between...

It just wasn't fair...
mean.gif

Last edited:
Scott Storch in his prime was something amazing. I know he was also working closely with Dr. Dre (and Mel-Man?), but there was a point where Storch's beats were seriously better than Dre's. In his latter years he had a habit of making one beat, then practically remixing it and giving it into someone else (Just A Lil' Bit & Playas Only :x :x), but outside of that, he was much appreciated.

I know he had a lot of better more high-profile stuff, but one of my favorite beats from him is "Po ***** Blues" from that 'Loyal To The Game' album. A simple, understated, yet very good beat.

Some good albums. But IMO the Neptunes sound never aged well to me. In early 2000 to 2005 the sound was fresh and new but 5 years later it doesn't move me like it use to. Like today, I can put in The College Dropout, I can put in The Blueprint, or Common Be, and it still sounds relevant to my life in a way, maybe different than it did before, but it still sounds good. Early Neptunes stuff just sounds like stuff that was hot during that time, but doesn't stand the test of time. As you can see I'm a huge Kanye fan....

As far as the Neptunes go, I was a huge fan of Chad Hugo, and I can tolerate Pharrell, but I just can't relate to that stuff today like I did back then. I dunno, maybe it's the thin Korg Triton presets they used, but it just sounds old to me.

So Grindin and Superthug didn't stand the test of time?

I don't really get when people say the Neptunes beats don't stand the test of time or whatever, cause the beats from Clipse's 1st and 2nd albums, along with Slim Thug's 'Already Platinum (yea I said it) were far ahead of some of the beats other producers were doing on the time.

Last edited:
The Neptunes are much bigger than Hip-Hop/Rap.

When you create SMASHES (plural) for Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Gloria Estefan, Madonna, *NSYNC, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt...

And then turn around and create HOOD classics for Noreaga, Clipse, Birdman...

With the Snoops, Bustas, Nellys, Ludas and Jays in between...

It just wasn't fair...:smh:

Neptunes had a RIDICULOUS run as producers/song writers in the late 90's/early 2k.

To act like today's music is anymore timeless than their music is laughable.

Slim Thug's 'Already Platinum

:smokin

As for Storch....OG Roots keyboard player. Got busy with Dre and Timbo. What more could you possibly need to know?

Back
Top Bottom