scratched the hood of my friends car, need help NT

so i was shoveling snow so i can get out of the parking spot and i notice that there's a lot of snow on the hood of car and on the window. i used the shovel (plastic) to try to get the snow out and once the snow cleared i saw that there were a couple of scratches on the hood (fail on my part
tired.gif
). i'm not very good with cars and don't know much about them so i texted my friend and told him what happened. he hasn't responded yet but i was planning to buy one of those pens that removes scratches. which pen brand or model is good?

cliffs cause i know 3 sentences is too long to read:
-shoveling snow and scratched friends car using the shovel
-need to buy the scratch removing pen
-which one is most reliable?

thanks NT

Edit*
ok so he just responded and i'm a dead man. i guess cars are more important than friendships
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

what kinda car?

lol, id be beyond salty.

and i wouldnt let you paint pen my car

youd be paying my insurance deductable for a new paint job

Those pen's dont work at all so don't waste your money.

Here's a couple things you can do:

If the scratch isn't deep, try buying a clay bar from an auto store and try rubbing it out.

If the scratch IS deep, deep enough where you cannot rub it out, go to the auto store and buy some a paint touch up pen. Use a toothpick and dab the paint into the scratch slowly so it doesn't build up and look funny.

If its worst then a couple scratches, and your friend is picky about cars (rightfully so) you might have to get the hood repainted at a body shop, which can run you a few hundred bucks.

at least you had the balls to tell him.
idk how to help ya though, depending how scratched it is I don't think it'd be that big of a deal though. Stuff like that happens over time anyway

09 honda CRV black.
enphan i'd hate to be your friend
laugh.gif

we're good friends so i don't think he'll give me that hard of a time but i know its my fault and i'll take responsibility

thanks for the reply's so far NT

nah, id be mad you used a shovel on my hood, tho

lol

i mean, if youre like starving i wouldnt subject you to such

but if you CAN pay my claim, you certainly would be doing it.

Go to any auto parts shop and buy the touch up paint.

They usually have a different paint for each car brand and color. Shouldnt be more than $15 i think. Not sure.

My black car had hella scratches from peoples backpacks and it worked pretty well.

an autoshop should be able to repaint a hood for like 400, or less...no need for an insurance claim

Originally Posted by diew its james

09 honda CRV black.
enphan i'd hate to be your friend
laugh.gif

we're good friends so i don't think he'll give me that hard of a time but i know its my fault and i'll take responsibility

thanks for the reply's so far NT

He's mad over a stinking Honda.  Man, tell him his paint job is cheap, he needs to complain to Honda. 

Nah, j/k see if the clay bar suggestion above or some wax works.  I can't imagine you put deep scratches on there.

Back
Top Bottom