SEAN AVERY IS BACK IN THE NHL... CLAIMED BY THE NEW YORK RANGERS

WELCOME HOME SEAN!...
pimp.gif

He's baaaack!

As expected, the New York Rangers claimed Sean�Avery on re-entry waivers today and the super pest is back in the NHL.

The Rangers are responsible for half of Avery's remaining contract�- another three years with an annual cap hit of $3.875 million. The Dallas Stars are responsible for the other half.

Avery, who had two goals and one assist in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL, will rejoin the Rangers in time for Wednesday's practice and is expected to be in the lineup Thursday against the Islanders.

This will be Avery's second tour of duty with the Rangers after spending two years with the Blueshirts under recently fired head coach Tom Renney.

Those who have played with him in the past believe he will be a positive addition to the club.

"I think it will be great," Rangers forward Chris�Drury told reporters on Tuesday.� "The only two things that I need to know, and that the other guys in this room need to know is that one: he wants to be here and he wants to be a Ranger.� That he loves wearing this jersey and loves living in New York and two that he wants to win a Stanley Cup."

Goaltender Henrik�Lundqvist echoed Drury's sentiments while stating that Avery could be a real boost to the team.

"He brings a lot to the table, he supplies a lot of energy and I think he's a really good hockey player when he's focused on the game."

pimp.gif
...good for him. That was the most BS reason to suspend a dude that I have ever heard. I hope he doesn't lose his edge. Homie should have never leftNYC...it's no coincidence that the Rangers have no swagger since his departure. This is a BIG boost. Can't wait for the blueshirts to make a trip toCalgary next season....

I go back and forth between DC & NY on the regular....I'm not a Rangers fan, but I love seeing good hockey.

Originally Posted by Curious24

scott stevens > sean avery

I don't know what your problem is but you have to mention the Devils in every single one of your posts.

Nobody even said he was better than Scott Stevens... Avery is a forward and Stevens was a defenseman so your making no sense.

I thought the Rangers should find a way to bring him back way back last season and think it's good they finally had the chance to do so. He played wellwith the Rangers and should be able to ignite a spark for this currently underachieving team. Plus he's a scrapper and will do what he does best. All thisembarrassment stuff that people claim he brings to teams is ridiculous. The Stars were chumps for trying to roll with the PR machine and make it look like theywere on some women's right stuff. They shouldn't have made such a fuss or let it get to them as much as it did. Screw them.

Avery can be an idiot and doesn't help teams. Regardless of his PR and "stupid" comments, it just seems that his teammates don't want himthere with whatever team he is on.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I don't know what your problem is but you have to mention the Devils in every single one of your posts.

Nobody even said he was better than Scott Stevens... Avery is a forward and Stevens was a defenseman so your making no sense.
bc hes garbage...hes going to get his head smashed when we play him.

I will say though, the Rangers were the only place he could go. Nobody else would've worked.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

bc hes garbage...hes going to get his head smashed when we play him.
ok... your still not making any sense. I give up.

where does scott stevens even enter the conversation? one was a hard nosed defenseman, the other is a goon that you love if he's on your team. twodifferent players, two different roles.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

where does scott stevens even enter the conversation?
thats what I'm saying... I've seen this guy post in hockey threads about 3 times and he made a fool of himself all three times.

haha, good!
The NHL needs a badass, all the leagues need some badass players...

Vic is like damn it seems like everybody getting a turn...but I got that Sean Avery mentality...

Good pickup for the Rangers he will only help.

Good thing Prucca is getting some PT (about damn time)...never too late to make a run they need to just keep playing hard under their new coach.

Back
Top Bottom