Season-long threads and Game threads: DISCUSS

Quote:
We used the warriors season thread like it was a forum on it's own. We talked about more than just the warriors. We had a community in there.

Quote:
No one cares

:pimp:
pimp.gif
Ska

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

See, that Warriors thread that was a couple hundred pages long = awesome

You get season long discussion, with people that are mostly all fans. Sure, some random people and some haters will post in the thread, but a Warriors Season thread is going to contain responses that are MOSTLY from Warriors fans.

But oh well, those of us that feel that way are in the minority, so... ah well.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Well, a 387 page Laker season thread would be a good use of resource to go back and quote some foolery that was said during the season in the future. :b
tongue.gif
TEAM XBOX360
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
You get season long discussion, with people that are mostly all fans. Sure, some random people and some haters will post in the thread, but a Warriors Season thread is going to contain responses that are MOSTLY from Warriors fans.
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring UCSD a football team.​

I'm back to add another positive from Season Threads... When I want to know something about a team, for instance the point guard situation in Houston, I went to the Rockets' season thread to ask. I mean what better place to ask than from their fans who read newspaper articles from their beat writers? They gave me an honest answer.

I still miss season threads.

That is all.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

I knew the season thread concept was going to be shut down when the Laker thread reached 50 + pages before the first official game.... :lol:
laugh.gif

Laker fans, they ruin everything... :lol:
laugh.gif

Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

As long as i dont see 20 game threads on one page, I'm cool.

I agree that now we cant post regular thoughts on our favorite teams.

I don't want to waste a thread on how player x is starting at the 4 spot for the Bulls etc......

I don't like it........
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

I liked the season threads...

only ones who didn't are the ones that wanna be the first to start a game thread :lol:
laugh.gif

I know mods/admins discussed with each other about what was the better way to go... season threads or game day threads? But what was actually discussed between the mods/admins? That's what I'd like to know. I'm just throwing in here what I've experienced and what I've read from other NTers concerning season threads.

Pros from season threads:
- Get familiar with other NTers who share the same passion for a team that you do.
- Discuss events happening in the community (i.e. autograph signing, cheerleader calendar signings, free giveaways at the arenas, etc.)
- It becomes more of a community within the NikeTalk community.
- Can start to establish a relationship with others and coordinate a fun event (i.e. a Phoenix Suns fans only fantasy basketball league or something to that nature)
- Have a question for a team? Go post it in one of the season threads for honest responses about a certain player's chances at making the team, being sent to the D-League, playing time, etc. They definitely watch their team every game, just like we'd watch our team every game and know the team inside and outside.
- Avoid having multiple "Official Game Day Threads" that end up being locked.
- Minor news that don't deserve their own thread can be posted in a season thread (i.e. a role player like Troy Hudson is day to day... nobody cares about Troy Hudson other than Warrior fans)
- It becomes your one-stop shop for your team. You don't have to look for a discussion on a player's minor injury and have to go to another thread to discuss a team's coaching carousel, and then have to go to another thread to discuss the game that just took place. Everything is together in one place.

Cons from season threads:
- Too many pages => Eyesore
- Hard to navigate through (even though I maintain it's relatively easy)
- Only thread starter can edit the title and it becomes a bit tedious for every game.

As you could tell by my earlier posts, I'm for season threads. To be honest, I'm seeing the pros outweigh the cons here. Maybe I'm not thinking this through enough, it is past 3:00am PST and I need some sleep. But if there's more that you'd like to add, let me know. I'll add it to the list to see the actual Pros vs Cons.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I guess Im like the only one that actually liked the idea of season thread. :\
ohwell.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

^
look at the posts above yours...

yea..
there should be a season thread and a game thread

"if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."​

well, where is the line drawn?

Are the college basketball team threads goign to be locked?
Is the College Football discussion going to be locked?
Is the SEC conference discussion going to be locked?
I just dont see the difference in any of the threads.

I think they all serve a purpose.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

I miss season threads already. The freakin first Laker game thread is already like 25 pages...and still going.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

the only people that are arguing against season threads, are people who dont have teams with a large fanbase enough to make a season thread of their own... i am one, none of my teams have ever had a season-long thread over 10-20 pages, so hell yeah seeing HUGE threads of teams i don't care about annoy me, and i could easily shoot them down as well. but i can actually see things objectively, season threads are the way to go.

i mean this is a good idea in theory, but you forget that NT has way too many Lakers and Warriors fans for this to work

i'd rather see a season thread, than 10000x "Fire Mitch!" "Warriors FTW!" "Raptors CHEA CHEA CHEA" "kill Sasha!" "Kobe to the Grizzlies" "Kobe to the clippers" "Kobe to the bobcats"

TEAM NTWikia

Season theards were the worst thing to happen to the Sports & Training
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
I think they all serve a purpose.
?". Season threads keep those small threads to a minimum. Im all for season threads, and do not agree with having just game threads. But, I am in no position to change that, so i guess ill have to deal. I just think that season threads are much better to have.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Are the mods/admins still reading this thread or are their minds made up about this already? I'd really like some feedback and possibly have a discussion to possibly get the season threads back.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
I guess Im like the only one that actually liked the idea of season thread.
s the thread consistently updates it. I understand some people like to start the threads just for the simple fact of starting a big thread. I don't want to sound like an elitist, but when a season thread is started, the mods could/should make sure that it is started by a member with some form of credibility in this forum.

Sure, it is tough to follow if you jump on the wagon, so you have to sift through a lot of pages to catch up to the discussion. If you follow the team throughout the season, it shouldn't be hard to follow through the season thread.

Just my two cents.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

Back
Top Bottom