Season-long threads and Game threads: DISCUSS

^ For the Warriors Thread, I'm pretty sure we're all cool with the fact that daprescription is the thread starter. Like acidicality said on page 2 of this thread, the Warriors Season Thread was "ran pretty cleanly". There's no egos over here.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Season threads you can discuss games, trades, rumors, problems, etc.

Game threads you discuss the game.

Season threads............ please.
TEAMAMFAM
TEAM WARRIORS
TEAM XBOX360​
.:GAMERTAG= chr1scross:.

Quote:
the Warriors Season Thread was "ran pretty cleanly". There's no egos over here.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Pros to Gameday threads - Just a few...

More organized - Topics/Info much more easy to search fro either manually or w/ the search function from EZboard.
Allows two-sided discussion - Discussion from several sources/fan rather than that of one particular team would occur more readily on a game day thread.
Visuals - There aren't threads w/ hundreds of replies/pages taking up space on the 1st page.
More welcoming for the casual fan
Team Longhorns

Quote:
Having a news/info thread for Specific teams while still having game day threads separate seems the best option

Exactly.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Yeah Fanatic15, i totally see what your saying, and agree with some things in there. See, I just want to see the other side of the arguement, since I am for season threads. Most of the replies are "annoying, eyesore, etc..", which doesnt explain why game threads are a better choice. If the Mods/Admins are to make a good decision, I think they should have all the information (pros and cons) on both gameday threads and season threads.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Quote:
btw I am not against season threads.. I just thing that gameday/series threads should be allowed. Having a news/info thread for Specific teams while still having game day threads separate seems the best option imo.
ing to feel this is the best option...i mean in the seaon threads, we could all still talk about what happened in the game/who played well/who sucked/etc.

so for the game threads- just general talk about the game, and you get fans of both sides posting...but in the season threads, obviously things related to the team that non-fans of that team wouldnt care about.it would definitely work imo

Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring UCSD a football team.​

Fanatic15:
btw I am not against season threads.. I just thing that gameday/series threads should be allowed. Having a news/info thread for Specific teams while still having game day threads separate seems the best option imo.

My whole thing is that you're still going to have those NTers who are going to try to make the "Official Game Thread" of whatever team is playing. Sometimes they might be the only one there to make it and other times a few more NTers are going to be there to try to make one as well. That would result in more than one game thread and still be an "eyesore" and mods having to come in and locking the other threads.

Other than that, I agree with Fanatic15 that we should have Season Threads and Game Day Threads. It minimizes the headaches for both the die-hard and casual fans.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Like I said earlier, discussion on this minor issue had re-opened among the staff, and this is what we're agreed upon as the best option:
Fanatic15:
I am not against season threads.. I just thing that gameday/series threads should be allowed. Having a news/info thread for Specific teams while still having game day threads separate seems the best option imo.
So there it is.

That's what we're doing.

Season threads for NON-GAME discussion, and game day threads for the individual games.

Knicks news goes in the Knicks thread, but the games the Knicks play will be discussed in the game day threads that will be made for every game.

So if there exists a Knicks thread and it's chilling on page 2 or 3, then some dude comes in and posts the latest news regarding the Isaiah Thomas stuff, he needs to be directed to the Knicks thread, and we'll lock his thread up.

So let's see how this goes. It should please everyone, because those desiring ongoing discussion for their team will have that in the Team Season threads, and those that don't want season long threads and only want single game threads will have what they want as well.

I'm not going back and unlocking the threads I locked on Opening Night. Just make new Team Season threads for your team.

So get 'em going.
happy.gif
(my money's on the Warriors thread being made first)

We haven't decided how many pages they should be before they are locked, but that will be an irrelevant number for a while anyways. For some teams, the number we decide might not matter at all. Ever.
laugh.gif

4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Quote:
My whole thing is that you're still going to have those NTers who are going to try to make the "Official Game Thread" of whatever team is playing. Sometimes they might be the only one there to make it and other times a few more NTers are going to be there to try to make one as well. That would result in more than one game thread and still be an "eyesore" and mods having to come in and locking the other threads.

That's such a small problem it really isn't even an issue. That kind of "eyesore" happens everyday people fighting to announce regular news. The mods do a good job of keeping that under control.

Anyway, nice decision keep to gameday and season threads open at once, I think that will be fruitful.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

Quote:
Season threads for NON-GAME discussion, and game day threads for the individual games.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

pimp.gif

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

man that's what i've been sayin all along

glad the knicks thread remained untouched. lol
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

compromise solutions suck like proportional representation.

however, i guess the majority has spoken, although i thought niketalk was an oligarchy, not a democracy.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

So do we have to make a game thread for every game?

In other words, do comments during an on-going game need to be in a game thread? or can we also discuss it in the season thread?

"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

good good, I'm happy with this hybrid.

I think this is the best of both worlds. But I recommend Season Threads should be locked after 20pages.

That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

Cool news for all. Thank you to all the mods for listening. I'm now going to go bang my head into a wall for sucking up. :b
tongue.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

bring season threads back
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"We're workin on the second hand"

I hate this season thread crap :smh:
smh.gif

now the first page is gonna be filled with 100+ page mega posts :smh:
smh.gif
W....I....L....L....I....A....M....S​

^After this initial flood of season threads I am pretty sure many of them won't me maintained throughout the season. People are just excited right now :lol:
laugh.gif
Team Longhorns

be careful what you wish for, it just might come true.

remember there are 30 NBA teams, a couple hundred NCAA teams, and however many teams of the boring sports played with small balls.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

^ #1- Not all team threads will be kept up with.

#2- For NCAA, the divisional threads have proven to be pretty effective (SEC Thread, ACC Thread, etc.)

#3- For the small sports you're talking about (for example, tennis), there's no need to have a thread for each entity (Federer, Roddick, Blake, etc.). A thread for the entire sport will suffice when the time comes.

And... in an attempt to discourage people from mistaking these season/news threads from game threads, I'll be editing out game info from titles of season/news threads for awhile. Stuff like, "12/6 vs. LAL" (for example) only makes people wonder if this is the season-long thread or the game thread.

Additionally, we would PREFER people indicate something like '07-'08 Season Thread' or '_______s News' in the titles, but that's not a demand or rule or anything.

The point is to just make it clear where the game discussion is and where the season-long discussion is, and not blur the line between the two in the process.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Back
Top Bottom