Season-long threads and Game threads: DISCUSS

GAME THREADS, BROTHER!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

THE WAY IT USED TO BE, THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

THANK YOU, SIR.
KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

Thanks Ska, those eyesores . . . I mean season threads were probably the worst thing to happen to the sports forum.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

Yes, Thank you Ska, it's too much to go through a Season thread.
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

I think I should be able to get away with making a Hornets season thread; it probably wouldn't surpass 100 replies. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

Yup they were wayyy to big and hard to navigate through.
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002​
TEAM EAGLES
3-4 right now, Cowboys up next!!!​

Quote:
I think I should be able to get away with making a Hornets season thread; it probably wouldn't surpass 100 replies.
:lol:
laugh.gif
FLOAT AROUND IN THE GREATEST OF PORSCHES,
FEEL LIKE A CHUCKWAGON CUZ I'M ON 12 HORSES​

I still maintain that a 387 page Laker thread would be :pimp:
pimp.gif

But... I don't run this place.

Someday, I'll have my own forum*, and that forum will have season long Laker threads every year. :pimp:
pimp.gif

But here? I help moderate this forum with lots of other staff, and your suggestions/feedback help us discuss what the best option would be.

And the majority opinion (among staff and among you guys) is that season threads are a no-go.

So there we go. :smile:
smile.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Are individual game threads going to be deleted the day after?

They should, other wise the purpose is defeated.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^^^
Good stuff Ska. I personally don't like season threads because they seem to become so unwieldy and cumbersome to navigate through. You end up with stale material sitting in the thread for every. Game threads is the way to go IMO?

But what's up with changing the title of my cheerleader thread? I thought it was pretty good man! :lol:
laugh.gif
:tongue:
tongue.gif
For Sale, sz 12: Jordans, AM 90's, Barkleys, Huaraches. Check the B/S 11/5+ forum.
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

23ska909red02:
I still maintain that a 387 page Laker Warriors thread would be
pimp.gif

But... I don't run this place.

Someday, I'll have my own forum*, and that forum will have season long Laker Warriors threads every year.
pimp.gif

I lived for the Warrior thread. I checked it every night of every day. Now it's going to suck to having to look for EACH Warrior news that I would like to discuss with my fellow Warrior fans.

Those season threads weren't headaches. The Lakers thread was pretty long along with the Warriors thread. We had Raptors, Bulls, Knicks, Mavs, and Rockets threads that were EASY to navigate around. I checked out the Rockets' thread with ease. I checked out the Lakers' thread with ease. The Mavericks' thread was relatively new so I checked that with ease as well. They're really not hard to navigate around. Just click on the last page of the thread and work your way backwards till you see where they started talking about what you want to read about.

I'm going to http://photobucket.com now alone in a corner.

Were ska, my fellow Warrior fans, and me the only ones sad to see our season threads go?

What was a positive from those season threads were (well for me) was that I saw regulars post in the Warrior threads. We got to know each other on a sort of personal level. We discussed "open practice events" that dealt with the Warriors. We discussed autograph signings that dealt with the Warriors. We have our "NikeTalk night at The Oracle Arena" set up with our fellow Warrior fans. I set up a "Warriors thread regulars only" Yahoo fantasy basketball league
pimp.gif
. Our Warrior thread was our one stop shop for everything Warriors. Yeah we have other website like www.goldenstateofmind.com and the others, but since I'm on NikeTalk everyday, it just makes everything more simpler for me.

I mean, I could understand why people don't want to see it on page 1 everyday. After all, Warrior and Laker fans post in their respective season threads every day (as you could tell by the number of pages it already had). Those 2 threads were huge already and we didn't even start the season yet. I understand on the Admins' standpoint on why they closed the threads. That's their decision to make. I'm only stating why I'll miss those threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Quote:
Are individual game threads going to be deleted the day after?

They should, other wise the purpose is defeated.
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

Paul is dead on. Season threads are much better and I want to see all the same fools clapping when there are 14 Kobe threads on page one next week.

Don't think it will happen? How about the 10 different Patriots themed threads rolling around right now.? You don't think Kobe fan will take over just as much? :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Congrats guys, have fun trying to keep up with all the different threads at once. :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

Damn ska, damn :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
TEAM XBOX360
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I loved our season thread... I don't know how'd we go around discussing our normal topics in the game threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

i think game threads should be optional

season threads are there to discuss stuff going on with the team in between games, off time and track progress
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

We used the warriors season thread like it was a forum on it's own. We talked about more than just the warriors. We had a community in there.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
We used the warriors season thread like it was a forum on it's own. We talked about more than just the warriors. We had a community in there.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
I'm MrMundayNite, nice to meet you

Back
Top Bottom