**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

M's really need some serious rebranding, IMO. The Steelhead jerseys they wore to honor the Negro League squad was classy and simple. Aside from seeing it the past two decades, would you guys have any resistance to changing the logo(s)?

I don't agree with rebranding. M's have had some of the best unis in the game, imo...for forever now.

The ST joints are dope though.

Not really a surprise... this was their plan all along. And it'd be a nice sendoff for him to play in those two Tokyo games. Anything beyond that would probably be too much... unless he has an epic ST.

Yes, but also keep in mind, the Mariners look like they'll really really suck this year, so the chances of him making the team are a bit more than they would have been a few months ago.

Just watched the video of Crawford, Sheffield, and Smith from Thursday. While there was some cliche lines coming from them, I do sense that they’re looking to prove people wrong and it’s refreshing to see a young squad up here in the Pac NW.

Side note but I’m excited to see the local team potentially field some African Americans, which is becoming more rare in today’s MLB sadly. Potentially Shed Long, JP Crawford, Dee Gordon, Mallex Smith, and Sheffield if/when he pitches. Kyle Lewis may be two years our, but he’s got a lot of potential too. I grew up in the Southend of Seattle and being a minority myself, with tons of other minority friends that we’re into baseball, it’s cool to see because we used to always hear that baseball was a white man’s sport, which bothered me a lot because I love the sport.

Definitely will be at TMP for some games this year.

Not sure how I feel about these Tampa Bay jerseys.
new-seattle-mariners-pitcher-yusei-kikuchi-chats-with-his-teammates-picture-id1124498239

Kyle Lewis 2-2 with a dinger today. Good to see him healthy. Shed Long has been good.

Hope all is well fellas...:pimp:

We got a lot of new faces, mix of old and young, Im thinking the bats don't fall off too much from last season (the first half of last season, at least) of course the concern will be the pitching staff/BP. Marco and Justus and Kikuchi should be fun to watch other than that it's looking bleak. And of course Felix gets touched for 4ER IN 1.2 innings pitched the other day :rofl: :smh: :sick:

Should be a fun ride. Low expectations. Liked what Dipoto did in the offseason. Lets build a winner.

Im flying out to Seattle for my first time at the end of September. Gonna catch at least one game, maybe 2

I agree I hate it had to come to this but something neede to be done as far as a full tear down goes. Farm system went from virtually dead last to above average, by most accounts.

Yeah it’ll be cool to see KyLew play with a chip this season. Dude dropped off from top prospect in the M’s organization to outside their top 5 in a lot of people’s lists. He’s shown when healthy that he rakes, so it’ll be cool to see what he can do with a full season in the Minors.

That Mariners outfield is going to be crazy within the next year or so, Julio seems like the real deal too along with Kelenic of course.

Would love to see him make the opening day roster but I think a stint in tacoma might be whats best for him. Hadn't realize even white homered yesterday too. He's progressing with the bat exceptionally well. Didn't expect him to be rising in the ranks like he's done over the past year.

I wish they would have made a move to grab another starter. Likely too late now but aside from Marco, Yusei, Justus it's bleak

^^ I'm really pulling for him, he's probably the biggest reason I've started paying attention to the M's since moving back to Seattle. I'm thinking double-A until at least late summer and he'll be in Tacoma to end the season, if his hitting is consistent. Excited for the local team after the disappointment of my Dodgers failing to land Harper.

Why is felix still around? Bro gets tagged every single time he's on the mound. I heard his clown *** talking bout he'd like to be the opening day starter just last week :sick: :smh:

On the bright side Mallex Smith debuts today in AZ

Fraley showing flashes with that bat. Reminding me of a lefty Justin Turner haha!

Yup he's probably the one prospect, aside from the top 5 guys, I'm most excited to see come up. LSU guy so that always bodes well. Now batting over 400 on the spring. A couple HR's, 2B's, and a triple.

Back
Top Bottom