**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | Opening Day is Here! vs. Red Sox |

This vid was a real good watch. So much nostalgia for me going to M's games in the dome and getting so hyped whenever the kid took the plate. Also went to a game when Randy struck out 19. I still remember rushing home from school when the M's had the one game playoff in 95'.

Ron Fairly's call of Griffey's eighth home run in eight games still gives me chills. I heard it live on the radio, man. Fairly was a chore to listen to, but he nailed that call. Also, fun fact: Fairly was supposed to call the bottom half of the inning when Edgar hit his double in Game 5 in 1995. That was back when he and Dave would share play by play duties. Apparently, Fairly refused to take the mic for play by play, and Dave reluctantly took the mic. Fiarly knew he wasn't the right person for the moment, regardless of the outcome (Mariners were trailing by a run). The rest is history.

Edit: my bad, it was Rizzs on color. I think I heard the story as told by Fairly. Hence, the confusion.

Last edited:

Ichiro really held it down for the M's in the oughts. Amazing how fast he got to 2000 hits. Also another crazy fact is how the M's had 93 wins in both 02 and 03' yet didn't even get the wildcard. In 02' they finished 3rd in their own division...

$469.00 -$515.00

See the source image

Yup feel the same way about the kicks lol.

Also just finished last part of SB Nation's M's 6 part series. Solid watch overall. Last part hurts as an M's fan... Felix had some real elite years wasted.

I got home after time with the fam, my wife took my daughter to put to sleep and I just sat down in the silence, phone put away, no lights on,, and listened to Niehaus call a game from '02 ,(Griffs' first against Seattle) as the sunset...

Pure f'in relaxation.

Last edited:
The Kid is amazing and it’s dope to see what he’s doing for the game to this day, especially for a lot of current Black players. I was listening to Dave Sims’ conversation with Dee, Shed, JP, and Kyle Lewis today and it was really refreshing. M’s have something special brewing, so it’s been cool to see from afar.

The Kid is amazing and it’s dope to see what he’s doing for the game to this day, especially for a lot of current Black players. I was listening to Dave Sims’ conversation with Dee, Shed, JP, and Kyle Lewis today and it was really refreshing. M’s have something special brewing, so it’s been cool to see from afar.
I'll have to check that Dave Sims conversation. Griffey gave some great wisdom in that All the Smoke pod about mentoring and generational wealth. Great to see him advising the next generation of players.

710 been replaying old M's games. Wish I knew about this sooner. Listening to Griffey's first game in the league. Threw out Bo Jackson, Randy Johnson is pitching and Niehaus calling the game.

Its a treat to listen to...I'm sitting in my house with all the lights off just listening to it again. :lol:

So relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom