**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

9 K's in 6 for Yusei
leon.png

Edit: Bases loaded in the 9th and nothing :smh:

Last edited:

I expect White to be off the next round of top 100 updates. Not a fan of how the M's are handling his development right now. All we've heard of White since he was drafted was all about his glove - everyone loved his defense and knew it would translate seamlessly to the bigs. His bat was a concern for a lot of people and voila - you bring him up from AA straight to the big leagues and now he's batting a dollar and some change, whilst striking out at just about 50% of the time. You hate to see it

Hancock debuting in the top 40 over Hancock is big, he's scheduled to pitch sometime next week...will be interested to hear how that goes

Classic Mariners-esque type of L yesterday.

Bullpen doing their best to keep us in the race for Kumar

Haven't watched as much of them as I'd like, but was listening to the latter innings on the radio and was able to catch the end right as I got home. The typical buzz kill, it was. :lol:

Would y'all rather them just tank the rest of this season to get someone like Kumar Rocker though? Your guys' lineup is pretty decent, Shed Long maybe hasn't produced as much as the org hoped but Moore seems to be a surprise, and DH's can be signed for the low in the future so the lack of production from Vogelbach can be solved. Rotation has some uncertainty but there's been encouraging starts recently, so it's really just your guys' pen that seems to be a dumpster fire. I feel like this team would already be in a better position if Dipoto acquires/signs a Starting Pitcher like Trevor Bauer and convert either Dunn or Sheffield to a relief arm.

Would y'all rather them just tank the rest of this season to get someone like Kumar Rocker though? Your guys' lineup is pretty decent, Shed Long maybe hasn't produced as much as the org hoped but Moore seems to be a surprise, and DH's can be signed for the low in the future so the lack of production from Vogelbach can be solved. Rotation has some uncertainty but there's been encouraging starts recently, so it's really just your guys' pen that seems to be a dumpster fire. I feel like this team would already be in a better position if Dipoto acquires/signs a Starting Pitcher like Trevor Bauer and convert either Dunn or Sheffield to a relief arm.
With this kind of pitching. They won't need to tank

Seager bro exchanges on their dingers was entertaining :lol:

Marco looking good for y’all today, 5 straight strike outs so far. I don’t think anyone has done that to us this year.

I thought we were going to chip away at Taijuan Walker but he actually adjusted and looked really good. Looks like you guys have him on a 1-year contract, so maybe he's a trade chip? Man, the M's are fun to watch on the base paths. I feel like stolen bases are a lost art, so it's cool to see teams have it as part of their identity. Also the cameras y'all got at T-Mobile are dope, hoping they install something similar at Dodger Stadium.

Games have been tight this series and I believe you guys are closer than a lot of people think. Some relievers and a starter or two and I really think post season next year is a given.

Vogey got designated which isn't surprising in the least with his measley .094 avg this season and struggles after the AS break last season. I don't see any other teams claiming him so maybe they bring him back up next season if he at least shows some signs of life in the minors.

Vogey got designated which isn't surprising in the least with his measley .094 avg this season and struggles after the AS break last season. I don't see any other teams claiming him so maybe they bring him back up next season if he at least shows some signs of life in the minors.

He really felt like a one-year wonder in every sense, but I was hopelessly optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom