**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 36-28 | @ Royals; vs. ChiSox @ Rangers |

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

i'm excited to see seager. watching the young kids make mistakes is infinitely better than watching the lousy vets with no promise grounding out.
Can't disagree

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Good, get these overpaid, over the hill veterans out of here. They're awful. Figgins is Seattle's worst criminal right now.
Word. Dude hasnt been hasnt even been here a full two years he may be the most hated Mariner ever
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I still got love for Guti though
nerd.gif

Ugh, Young team + plus vets who can't hit..it's expected...Fister continues to be the best losing pitcher in the game

These nest 8 games might be the end of our season from a competitive view

Carlos started again huh? oh...

Man Smoak is falling...HARD

Seager 0-4 with 2 K's and I love him more than Figgins already

Ugh, Young team + plus vets who can't hit..it's expected...Fister continues to be the best losing pitcher in the game

These nest 8 games might be the end of our season from a competitive view

Carlos started again huh? oh...

Man Smoak is falling...HARD

Seager 0-4 with 2 K's and I love him more than Figgins already

Yeah, still have faith in Guti. At least the guy covers more ground than anyone in center... who else on the team can say that.

Yeah, the kid's first game... probably a bit nervous. Give him some game, then decide.

Carlos... really?  
eyes.gif
  Kid needs to go back to AAA and fine-tune some things.  I don't get what Wedge is thinking on this one...
Is Figgy more hated than, say, Bobby Ayala?  
laugh.gif

Great time to be an M's rookie though... hit for a decent/somewhat good average and you'll outperform the team.

Yeah, still have faith in Guti. At least the guy covers more ground than anyone in center... who else on the team can say that.

Yeah, the kid's first game... probably a bit nervous. Give him some game, then decide.

Carlos... really?  
eyes.gif
  Kid needs to go back to AAA and fine-tune some things.  I don't get what Wedge is thinking on this one...
laugh.gif

Great time to be an M's rookie though... hit for a decent/somewhat good average and you'll outperform the team.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif
Yeah you know what, Figgins has got some work to do to catch up to Ayala
laugh.gif

He's close though

Against Weaver too....btw %#%% Jered Weaver!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif
Yeah you know what, Figgins has got some work to do to catch up to Ayala
laugh.gif

He's close though

Against Weaver too....btw %#%% Jered Weaver!

laugh.gif
Ayala.

M's are alright though. They've got a lot of shoring up to do, but just shoring things up is a lot further in the rebuilding process than I thought they'd be this year.

They can still compete and get in this, but just working out the kinks for the youth and establishing who is the core of this team is all I can ask for 2011.

laugh.gif
Ayala.

M's are alright though. They've got a lot of shoring up to do, but just shoring things up is a lot further in the rebuilding process than I thought they'd be this year.

They can still compete and get in this, but just working out the kinks for the youth and establishing who is the core of this team is all I can ask for 2011.

Elpablo21 wrote:

Word. Dude hasnt been hasnt even been here a full two years he may be the most hated Mariner ever
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Are we forgot about Carlos Silva already? 
laugh.gif

Another tough game for Doug Fister. The guy cannot get a break. His record shouldn't be at 3-10 right now with that ERA. I know we are rebuilding right now but I think our pitching is really solid. Problem is, we maybe are wasting our pitching staff right now because once we found bats to support our pitching staff, we might not afford our starting rotation. 

Elpablo21 wrote:

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Are we forgot about Carlos Silva already? 
laugh.gif

Another tough game for Doug Fister. The guy cannot get a break. His record shouldn't be at 3-10 right now with that ERA. I know we are rebuilding right now but I think our pitching is really solid. Problem is, we maybe are wasting our pitching staff right now because once we found bats to support our pitching staff, we might not afford our starting rotation. 

^ Silva sucked. The difference is that Ayala was horrible on very good teams. He was a gaping hole on an otherwise high caliber team.

^ Silva sucked. The difference is that Ayala was horrible on very good teams. He was a gaping hole on an otherwise high caliber team.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I do remember 45.00 ERA in those division series he pitched
sick.gif
 and him punching out the hotel window then getting himself stitches 
30t6p3b.gif

I agree that Ayala was a gaping hole on a good team but the team we have right now isn't a good team. It's better than what we've been accustomed to see for last decade but we are still on a come-up. I just see Figgins as Mariner's tradition of signing a mediocre veterans with a big contract like Silva, Sexson, Vidro, Cirillo and can't forget Scott Spiezio 
indifferent.gif

I do remember 45.00 ERA in those division series he pitched
sick.gif
 and him punching out the hotel window then getting himself stitches 
30t6p3b.gif

I agree that Ayala was a gaping hole on a good team but the team we have right now isn't a good team. It's better than what we've been accustomed to see for last decade but we are still on a come-up. I just see Figgins as Mariner's tradition of signing a mediocre veterans with a big contract like Silva, Sexson, Vidro, Cirillo and can't forget Scott Spiezio 
indifferent.gif

mad.gif

Just breath...Stay patient...It will come. 
tired.gif
I sure hope so
frown.gif

This is the season for us with LAA and TEX up...

mad.gif

Just breath...Stay patient...It will come. 
tired.gif
I sure hope so
frown.gif

This is the season for us with LAA and TEX up...

Back
Top Bottom