**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 31-27 | vs Angels & @ A's |

So that's it for Kuma?  Surely any M's offer will be below that?

Last edited:
QO's seem like they're more of a formality so teams can at least cover themselves with pick compsensation.

I swear they seem like they're rarely picked up

But I think Kuma can still come back..less money average but more years

Wilhelmson traded
5 player trade 
nerd.gif
 Wonder who else involved. 

Who's got the scoop on Leonys Martin?  
nerd.gif

Kinda thought Bartender would remain in Seattle though 

Wow Im just hearing of this trade. Im with you Pabs I thought Wilhelmsen could have played a big role out of the pen this season. lEonys Martin is great in the outfield, he can run well on the bases, but his bat leaves a lot to be desired. I imagine he'll be a regular at the bottom of the order.

Initial reaction is this is a move that benefits the M's. I think anytime you can get a starting OFer with a few years left on his deal for a reliever, it's a win.

Dont know much about the reliever thats coming in with Martin, and a change of scenery just might be what james jones needs. Put him in the minors and let him work with coaches who can help develop his bat a bit.

That Van Slyke interview is INSANE!!! Dude gave no damns!!!! As a Dodger/Mariner fan I was like :wow:
In regards to the M's outfield, it'll be interesting to see what else Dipoto do...

Looks like we traded Ramon Flores to the Brew Crew for Luis Sardinas. Dipoto building depth but his numbers are god awful. Maybe it's the lack of options Flores had

Cano is playing worse than a replacement level player. Let that sink in. This is year TWO of a 10 year, 240 million dollar contract and he has a whopping 1 homer a quarter into the season. Sorry but dude sucks balls right now. He's awful. He hits choppers or strikes out. Dude was a masher in pinstripes, and we get the guy trying to start earthquakes every at-bat

-Andy Finnns slyke

4. Seattle Mariners

The Mariners need another outfielder and considering they now have the longest playoff drought in the majors, gambling on Puig would be interesting. Like the Phillies, a match is difficult given Seattle's lack of depth across the major league roster and a bad farm system. The Mariners would be reluctant to deal the upside of Taijuan Walker  but that's what it would take -- and Walker alone might not be enough.
 No 

Back
Top Bottom