**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

These guys better start hitting... wouldn't want the team to fire Edgar! 

Houston+Astros+v+Seattle+Mariners+AHhwWjwIQY_x.jpg

Look at this scrub @!$ Cano with that smug face, 2 homers on the season. Two. JD Martinez eclipsed that mark TODAY. Grandal hit two out TODAY. You got dudes coming making their MLB debuts with more homers in a week than Cano has all season.

@#$% Robinson Cano. Garbage player.

These guys better start hitting... wouldn't want the team to fire Edgar! 

Houston+Astros+v+Seattle+Mariners+AHhwWjwIQY_x.jpg

Look at this scrub @!$ Cano with that smug face, 2 homers on the season. Two. JD Martinez eclipsed that mark TODAY. Grandal hit two out TODAY. You got dudes coming making their MLB debuts with more homers in a week than Cano has all season.

@#$% Robinson Cano. Garbage player.

dont forget to mention hes 5th in the AL in doubles

:lol: TOTALLY worth the $24 mil, especially with that OPS that's 30 points worse than Stephen Drew's, and a OBP under .290.

22 RBI for a guy being paid like a top 5 ballplayer. No, just no. No amount of fandem can save your arguments.

:lol: TOTALLY worth the $24 mil, especially with that OPS that's 30 points worse than Stephen Drew's, and a OBP under .290.

22 RBI for a guy being paid like a top 5 ballplayer. No, just no. No amount of fandem can save your arguments.

Why do you keep bringing up his contract, it doesn't matter at all. No salary cap and not your money
the high doubles shows he is hitting the ball towards the gaps and once he starts elevating the ball he will be back to the Cano we all know
RBI is a stupid stat and only simple fans judge a players worth by RBI's

You were on Cano's pole until he started to struggle this year, are you going to bail on Cruz when he struggles also?

Why do you keep bringing up his contract, it doesn't matter at all. No salary cap and not your money
the high doubles shows he is hitting the ball towards the gaps and once he starts elevating the ball he will be back to the Cano we all know
RBI is a stupid stat and only simple fans judge a players worth by RBI's

You were on Cano's pole until he started to struggle this year, are you going to bail on Cruz when he struggles also?

Bull#$^&, I'm tired of guys underperforming given the consistent history of it happening. Were you around for Richie Sexson and Beltre? What about Figgins?

Past results do not indicate future performance. If his bat speed is slowing, K rate is up big time, and contact is down, there's a troubling sign for a 32 year old. His HR power is gone, we know that from a year and a half of his Mariner performance. OBP 100 points lower than last season, and way lower than his career overall of .350.

I noticed you left out that his OPS is 200-300 points lower than his historical averages, should I expect him to turn into Trout or Miggy to get back to his career norms? NO! Then you add in his baserunning problems and the lazy errors and you get a guy that is not performing like he is being paid. If you've contributed to the Mariners financially, it absolutely is your money. Get a clue.

I keep using Robinson Cano in DFS because this is a hitter with a career .847 OPS still hitting in the middle of the lineup at a thin position at age 32, but even after his OPS dropped some last year during his first season in Seattle, his plate discipline remained the same. This year, his K% (16.8) is a career high while his BB% (5.2) is his lowest since his rookie season. Cano has been caught stealing more times (four) than he’s combined for homers and steals (three) and owns a .518 OPS with a 16:1 K:BB ratio against southpaws. His .286 BABIP is a decent amount below his career mark of .322, and that’s come with him currently sporting a 33.6 Hard% that’s actually above his career level, so maybe there’s still some hope. But his defense and baserunning have both graded negatively according to Fangraphs, so this contract currently looks like a disaster for the Mariners.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fanta...o-and-a-look-around-the-league-003843275.html

Im not going to argue with you again,
1. I watch damn near every single game and Cano's problems are ground outs to second base, you know it, I know it. So like I said, once he starts elevating the ball we will get the Cano we know
2. IIRC you were the same dude that said Paul Pierce and Rondo were bums and should get cut immediately
3. You think Tannehill is a trash QB

:lol: Oh ok, so no biggie, we're only 8.5 out of first but he's just grounding out to second so it's ok.

It would be easier to stomach if the dude was helping the team in other ways. Instead he keeps getting thrown out on the basepaths (TOOTBLAN), has made some costly and non-chalant errors, and has a negative WAR. I want this team to make the postseason for the first time in 14 years, this ain't helping.

Royal showdown tonight

In other news how long till we offer the Prince Hernandez a contract? :nerd:

He's 10 now so 6 more years... :nerd:

Haven't posted here in a while. It's great to see #11 back on with the team!

I cut cable so i lost the Mariners for a couple of days but i'm back on with MLB tv!

Last edited:
My goodness, what happened to Mike Z???

I'll tell you what happened, the guy never learned how to hit major league pitching. One of his k's he literally stood there and took 3 meat pitches from Joe freakin Blanton. Mike Zunino's defense does not make up for the .150 average or the .226 OBP. His OPS is 100 points below last year's mark, he is clearly regressing and confidence is gone. His HR output is down as well.

Jack Z failed us by rushing him up to the big leagues and we are paying the price. Our other major league catcher has 1 hit in almost 25 at-bats. This organization isn't getting it right.

Back
Top Bottom