**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

7qCiSUb.png
7qCiSUb.png
7qCiSUb.png

From ESPN:

The Mariners are mashing some yams: The Mariners hit three more home runs in a 12-5 victory over the White Sox, improving to 9-2. They've hit at least one home run in all 11 games and are hitting .278/.367/.550 as a team, with 27 home runs. That's the second-most home runs through 11 games in MLB history, behind the 2000 Cardinals, who hit 29. That team featured Mark McGwire and Jim Edmonds and finished with 235 home runs, tied for third-most in NL history (though second in the league that season, as the Astros set the NL record with 249 home runs).

LOL at "mashing some yams", have they been reading NT's TAY?? I might have to use that when discussing the M's. I Google'd the 97' squad that up until last year (Yankees broke the record) had the most HR's by a team in a season. Sorrento had 31 that season, that's a name I hadn't heard in some time.

That '97 Mariners bunch was probably my favorite M's team of all-time. Two years removed from Sodo Mojo and after a letdown in '96, I followed that team quite a bit hoping they would recapture some of that '95 magic.

On the Paul Sorrento note, I remember him being a nice addition for a bit after losing Tino (and everyone loved Tino like they loved Edgar at the time, iirc), but when Sorrento left, I vividly remember not feeling like they would have a letdown at the postion, because David Segui looked so beastly. Looking back, he only looked the part. :lol:

And I think that was the year that put Moyer on the map. That lefty rotation was crazy with Moyer, Johnson and Jeff Fassero, who was more of a known commodity at that time than Moyer.

Felix needs to go away for awhile. Maybe he just doesn't have it in him to re-invent himself, a la Verlander, but he only hurts this team right now. Put him on the phantom DL list and have him work on re-tooling or something cause he obviously didn't do **** in the offseason.

Thank goodness for that double. The singles with bases loaded is nice, but the station-to-station baseball is like hitting every single red light on your way to an anticipated night out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom