**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

KC playing some great defense tonight.

Kikuchi settling down nicely..hope the early game struggles aren't a trend but he's tough. 10 straight retired.

Edit
Out after 80 pitches lol

Last edited:
Boooooom!!!

Damn just passed the ‘32 yankees with 12 of first 14 games with 6 or more runs to start a season.

Damn it’s to early in the morning to be sweating like this :lol: that was a tough win but they did it.

Oh, Sims not in the TV comms side tonight? That's a shame.

giphy.gif

The HR streak continues! Hopefully Bruce is ok.

Might go to another game Tuesday to take advantage of discount ticket day.

Didn't get the W but my dude Kikuchi with a quality start. Battled a bit today in the first two to three innings vs. KC. Grew up watching Hideo Nomo and Chan Ho Park break through for Asian pitchers. Hoping Yusei continues the pipeline and tradition with Ohtani, Darvish, Maeda and Tanaka.

Guess Kikuchi‘s calf cramped up on him as he came off after the 6th but they said they was gonna pull him after that inning anyways

Didn't get the W but my dude Kikuchi with a quality start. Battled a bit today in the first two to three innings vs. KC. Grew up watching Hideo Nomo and Chan Ho Park break through for Asian pitchers. Hoping Yusei continues the pipeline and tradition with Ohtani, Darvish, Maeda and Tanaka.
Don't forget Sasaki!

So I only pay attention to baseball when the Mariners are doing good...so somebody please explain to me how the **** we’re the #1 team in baseball all the sudden :lol:

So I only pay attention to baseball when the Mariners are doing good...so somebody please explain to me how the **** we’re the #1 team in baseball all the sudden :lol:
I think it's been a combination of good starting pitching, solid offense, new young guys contributing like Beckham, Vogelbach, and Santana, vets providing some leadership with Encarnacion, Gordon and Bruce and scoring 5+ runs a game does wonder for pitchers confidence even with a shaky bullpen.

Though I'm sure along with most fans we are being cautiously optimistic about the season as we have seen previous years teams go on hot streaks only to fizzle out down the stretch.

RUNS!!!

pitching staff has been solid as well, 3 ER or less in 10/14 games, I think.

It’s crazy cause when I saw some of the trades we did this offseason I was thinking we were rebuilding, not competing for a playoff spot. But I’m also not the most knowledgeable baseball fan on the planet.

Just coming to post that as wel. Looks like being careful with Bruce and keeping him out today.

Finally back in the USA! Now I can follow the game at a more reasonable time

welcome back stateside :smokin

I read last night Bruce had tightness in the achilles about a week ago so it sounds to be precautionary. He is available to PH they say. Hope he can get it right in time for the Astros series

Back
Top Bottom