**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

Maybe he had a pitch limit already?

I guess so. I get the sense it was that 3rd time through the lineup stuff, but first off, giving up a hit to Chapman, a great hitter, isn't the end of the world...but he was only at 64 pitches (if it wasn't a pitch count) and it's 0-0 and despite the no hit bud, was probably a spot start so why save him?..hope they don't tax their bullpen now if no one scores for a while.

Jays were making a lot of hard contact, didn’t want to keep testing the BABIP gods..

Eh. I still don't like it in a scoreless game with so few pitches, but maybe he was right. Will never know I guess. Just drives me nuts. Especially if they need to go 5 deep in the pen now.

Great win but man Marco got knocked around

Great to see Trammell back and making an instant impact. Been rooting for him and he has great tools as a 4th/5th OF

I knew La Stella was a waste of a roster spot on opening day (see opening day in this thread)

Boggles my mind that Dipoto thought that he was part of the answer in this crucial season. After seeing him and Wong, I stand by the assertion thag we shouldve signed one of these SS/2B these last two offseasons. La Stella is a guy we wouldve ran out there in our Dustin Ackley days.

So instead of having a stacked/competitive lineup, we are left counting on excellent pitching and clutch hits. Rant over, but damn. I guess i give them credit for recognizing their mistake early on

I knew La Stella was a waste of a roster spot on opening day (see opening day in this thread)

Boggles my mind that Dipoto thought that he was part of the answer in this crucial season. After seeing him and Wong, I stand by the assertion thag we shouldve signed one of these SS/2B these last two offseasons. La Stella is a guy we wouldve ran out there in our Dustin Ackley days.

So instead of having a stacked/competitive lineup, we are left counting on excellent pitching and clutch hits. Rant over, but damn. I guess i give them credit for recognizing their mistake early on

The bats should come around, but I don't see them standing pat at the deadline...DH/another productive bat is a gaping hole.

Back
Top Bottom