**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

League's in, starts off with 4 pitch walk...

Chalk this one up for the A's

You got me there League
grin.gif

Got crazy-lucky there with the lineout DP there though.

Bat... our bats... I just don't get it.

I miss the optimistic feeling I had at the beginning of the season. I really see no way to fix this offense. Maybe we deal Vargas or Millwood to a contending team. I was hoping Trayvon would step up this year but he seems to be going backwards. I need the all star break just as bad as the players
laugh.gif

I'd like to use profanities to describe my emotions, but NT won't let me and I'd probably get banned. 
ohwell.gif

When we didn't get Prince, I tried siding-with letting the young guys try to work together to try to get the offence going, but clearly that hasn't worked.  We need 1 big $$$ signing. That 1 big franchise-player bat.

I think the Mariners are safe from moving for a while from the standpoint that Safeco is relatively new ( and beautiful). It seems like the name of the game is if you build a stadium/arena they will find you a team, if you already have one, you can keep your team and if you can't build a new stadium/arena then you're out of luck. I dont know how that closely that relates to NFL/MLB in regards to how the NBA does things.

I hope all these pages come back

Argh... I'm gonna need more time to get used to this...

But anyway, piece on ESPN saying why we should trade Felix... :frown:

Move the fences in. Trade Felix for some bats. And get rid of Ichiro. 3 things I want done before start of next season (this ones over). We aren't gonna win a pennant in the amount of time until Felix's contract is up. He's not gonna resign to lose games 1-0. So trade him now, get some young bats maybe a veteran bat. And we will be fine. Fine as in not worst record in the AL

I missed the entire KC series, but how did the team look?  How the hell do they score so many runs on the road!?

I missed the entire KC series, but how did the team look?  How the hell do they score so many runs on the road!?

Mind blowing isnt it? Same song and dance...Offense looked good, I'd say Casper had the best series but everyone was hitting. I just don't get it, the homeruns I understand but why can't these guys hit the gaps in safeco like they do on the road?

Starting pitching was below average except Vargas, Bullpen remains to be our strong point

It's beyond me. Heard Mitch on 950 this morning interview Casper and he asked the same things about the disparity between road and home runs scored. Only thing Casper hinted at was that opposing pitchers may have much more confidence pitching in Safeco againts Seattle. :lol: Sure, I guess.

Last edited:
My god at those averages...Ack is approaching Smoak status, Smoak is approaching Ryan status and Ryan is approaching something unprecedented.

Great win overall, 4-3 2nd half record. over .500 :pimp:

At least Montero is hitting for the time being. I was on the bandwagon for sending him down. The M's hitters never stay hot for long so we'll see.

Yeah, I'm as much of an Ichi fan as the next guy, but I really hope he comes to his sense and either retires (that 710 interview made it sound like he wanted at least 1 more year) or take a HUGE paycut for the team.  Both seem unlikely, unfortunately.  

I just hope it doesn't turn ugly.

Same here, I hope they come to a middle ground smoothly as possible, if Ichiro does decide to stay.

Only 1 run on the road :wow:

Pitcher's duel going on right now

I missed the ending there... did Ichi have a shot a Pena?  

Olivo in the 'pen!?

EDIT ~ Just saw the highlights of that last play/double... Did Ichi miss the cut-off man, or did Smoak and whoever it was (Ack?) both miss Ichi's cut-off throw?  What's the general rule here? What are you taught?

Last edited:
Carp off the DL today. It's either a call-up or designated for assignment. Wouldn't be surprised if Peguero goes back down, but I'm ready to shake things up now and send Smoak down. It's needed.

Back
Top Bottom