**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

Jerry Dipoto is very competent, I'm pretty confident he's not trading Kyle Lewis in the next couple of years. Lewis has a fair amount of Major League AB's to suggest he's going to be an above average hitter for a while, along with a couple years of arbitration remaining. If anything, I'd see Kelenic or Julio Rodriguez being shipped out before Lewis, while their potential is still sky high, for an arm.

Kyle Lewis is good but I'm not sure he'll be a lot better than what he is now, which is okay because he's showing he could be an all star-level player. Therefore I'm not sure he fetches as much as Kelenic or Rodriguez due to them being a lot younger with minimal injury histories, while also being associated with the term "superstar."

At the end of the day, I don't think any of them are moved. Look at the Chicago White Sox who are finally reaping their harvest, and remember that they gave up FERNANDO TATIS JR for James Shield LOL. I'm sure that'll cross Jerry's mind. However, I'm not primarily an M's fan so I don't have the traumas that actual M's fans do so it's just my thoughts on outside looking in. My trauma is with a team in the Dodgers who routinely have great potential, make it deep into postseasons, and choke on the biggest stages.

Surprised it was unanimous, but deserved nonetheless.

Mariners setting up to have a great young outfield by the looks of it.

What’s good M’s fans? With the Snell chatter, I wanted to get your guys’ take on which outfielder you’d be most comfortable including in a package (Rodriguez, Kelenic, or Lewis).

My coworker is from Shoreline and is pretty involved with the Little League scene in the area, he’s met Snell and loves the guy of course. I think the local thing would be kind of cool.

I heard they did something 2 seasons ago where you could buy a month of tickets, sit anywhere outside the 1st to 3rd lines for 100 bucks?

Thats wild

It looks like they'll be allowing a limited number of fans to attend Spring Training games. I'm guessing they'll allow a limited number of fans when the regular season starts but seems doubtful anyone will be allowed to just stand around in the CF garden at any point in this season :frown:

James Paxton back, love this signing. He could become a valuable trade chip come deadline time, a key contributor if we are able to make a run, or end up as a waste of a few mil. Low risk/high reward

Wait... wasn't he injured... like, a lot?
Yes, hes got a long history of injuries from when he was with us as well as the past two seasons with the Yankees.

Still, hes shown ability to be at the top-half of the rotation when healthy. These are the types of risks that a team like we have has to take. His injury history is the only reason we had a shot at him with this 1 year contract at a reasonable cost.

So yea, theres a chance he pitches in 5 games over the season, but theres also a chance he helps us out. We are still bargain shopping at the end of the day

Back
Top Bottom