**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

He's sorta changed his tune. He still prefers JP at SS but the door is "not closed" on a move

Sounds like we are looking at trading for Kolten Wong who just had a solid season with the Brewers. Not super exciting, but decent

We need at least 1 big FA signing this year. I really want Bogaerts or Turner or Correa. Wong doesn’t move the needle enough for me

Kyle Lewis traded. Really disappointed he didnt work out with us
Kyle Lewis still has a shot to be a productive Big League player, that bat is real. However, he needed an opportunity to play as much as possible, which at this point will be mostly as a DH until he’s in better condition. Wasn’t going to get the reps in Seattle with the M’s in win-now mode.

I was really rooting for him partially due to the lack of black players as well. It has been disappointing to see none of him, Justin Dunn, Shed Long, Justus Sheffield, etc work out for us

I actually saw Kyle’s last hit as a Mariner (a HR) when i went to the game in NY in August

Good move. Toro wasn't good at all and Winker was his own set of issues

Got a 2nd baseman who can hit and is a lefty

Wong has been balling since his Cardinal days, very underrated player that I actually wanted the Dodgers to look at. He's an upgrade over Frazier and has historically been pretty good against righties, so a split with DMo would make sense.

Getting one of the big names always felt like a pipe dream especially with making them move to a different position so it is what it is.

I like the Wong pickup, interested to see where they put him in lineup. Do they put him towards bottom, move JP to 1 slot and maybe put Julio at 2?

Plus he's from Hilo, HI so definitely will be rooting for him.

I hate this move. But i understand it

I see Winker going back to being at least a good hitter and Toro was a versatile switch hitter who is still young enough to improve. Just feels like we sold low on these guys, but I do realize we had to move them

Hoping Wong wins me over with his play. But overall a very disappointing offseason if the biggest names are Hernandez and Wong while losing Haniger.

I know theres still time, but the team only seems marginally better with these moves

I hate this move. But i understand it

I see Winker going back to being at least a good hitter and Toro was a versatile switch hitter who is still young enough to improve. Just feels like we sold low on these guys, but I do realize we had to move them

Hoping Wong wins me over with his play. But overall a very disappointing offseason if the biggest names are Hernandez and Wong while losing Haniger.

I know theres still time, but the team only seems marginally better with these moves
Winter Meetings are barely starting, never know how things can play out. Not sure if the M's go after Nimmo, that price tag is up there now, but maybe Yoshida and Haniger could be enough until the summer., then reassess. Winker out means there's potential for the DH slot to be used as is, instead of a positional rest day on rotation for the corner OF guys.

Back
Top Bottom