***Seeing people from high-school Unnappreciation***

Originally Posted by T11Time

It is it is, you need to update your blawg sir lolz......

True Story
laugh.gif
Ill have it back up in a week or so, semester was killin me

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

To be honest, those of us that have made it this far (college and above), believe it or not, did so because we HAD HELP from SOMEONE WHO CARED about our future--whether it be parents, grandparents, some other close kin, or guidance counselors. The point is we had help. From what I've noticed, the same could not be said for many of my h.s peers. So in this sense, as awkward as it me be, I try not to belittle their "accomplishments" or look down on them. I've been lucky, and that luck has the potential to run out at any given moment...

Sad but true...99% of the girls i was cool with have a kid or are pregnant now...but i saw it coming for most of them...it was only a matter oftime...

1. One person is ALWAYS more happy to see the other person.( depressing either way, if you are the person who is more happy you feel down that they obviously didn't miss you as much, and if you are the person who is less excited (my category) you wonder why you don't miss them like you should) DEPRESSING

I made a post about this recently
laugh.gif
thought I was the only one who felt this way. Cant relate to the other part about people you hardly knew saying what upto you though. In that situation both of us usually keep it moving.

Preach. I'm back from college, and I was at my boy's house but somehow this @+%! turned into a high-school reunion party, there was a straight upastronically impossible ratio of girls to boys and I just bounced back to my hood to meetup with a skeet.

I thought I had left a lot of these people behind and I wasn't trying to even bring them back into my life again.

NOT seeing people from high school Appreciation

My senior year I want to a hood !## high school. I don't be in the hood, so I don't see them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

To be honest, those of us that have made it this far (college and above), believe it or not, did so because we HAD HELP from SOMEONE WHO CARED about our future--whether it be parents, grandparents, some other close kin, or guidance counselors. The point is we had help. From what I've noticed, the same could not be said for many of my h.s peers. So in this sense, as awkward as it me be, I try not to belittle their "accomplishments" or look down on them. I've been lucky, and that luck has the potential to run out at any given moment...

Sad but true...99% of the girls i was cool with have a kid or are pregnant now...but i saw it coming for most of them...it was only a matter of time...
Who you telling...

The timing of this thread is sooo appropriate because yesterday, I was browsing the "book" out of boredom, and I ran into the profile of an oldfemale associate in High school and chick has 3 kids already...I seriously couldn't believe it...because we've only been out of school for ~ six yearsnow. I mean, realtalk, I just turned 23 last week so I'm going to assume she is also 23 so my question is, how does one manage 3 kids by 23...that'shonestly
eek.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
...status.

Many more of my former female peers have at least 1 kid from what I've heard. It honestly saddens me when I hear stuff like this because I seriously feellike having children at this age, only makes your life difficult--but more importantly, will eventually make the life of your kids difficult.

Crazy thing is that, over the last couple of days, I've been thinking to myself just how much, I'm "unqualified" to raise and nurture anotherhuman being. I'm definitely accomplishing my goals in college, but DAMN, having kids is serious WORK and i don't know if I'm "fit" forthat--so you can imagine the awe that I have when I hear that so and so already has this many kids, with nothing but a HS diploma to rely on (I'massuming)...

Depends on who it is.

If I see someone I recognize from high school that I didn't associate with, I just bring out my phone and look down at it as I walk past the person.

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

Originally Posted by kix4kix

2. You never remember if you left on good terms or not. (this more so applies to women, but I have gotten in several skirmishes over things I thought were settled WAY BEFORE
laugh.gif

Were you dude in the FBI skully?

I LOL'D

2 people from HS recognized me when I came home about a month ago...I couldn't remember who they were...felt sobad....
eyes.gif

haha, i went to a burger place the other day and i say this kid i graduated with in the kitchen area cleanin plates and what not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was like damm he fell a long way from bein a spoiled rich white kid in hs

I still like seeing my folks after high school. I just wanna know what's up with them and how they're enjoying life after it. I'll just be happywhenever I see them, but hey it's just me.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Sad but true...99% of the girls i was cool with have a kid or are pregnant now...but i saw it coming for most of them...it was only a matter of time...
Who you telling...

The timing of this thread is sooo appropriate because yesterday, I was browsing the "book" out of boredom, and I ran into the profile of an old female associate in High school and chick has 3 kids already...I seriously couldn't believe it...because we've only been out of school for ~ six years now. I mean, realtalk, I just turned 23 last week so I'm going to assume she is also 23 so my question is, how does one manage 3 kids by 23...that's honestly
eek.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
...status.

Many more of my former female peers have at least 1 kid from what I've heard. It honestly saddens me when I hear stuff like this because I seriously feel like having children at this age, only makes your life difficult--but more importantly, will eventually make the life of your kids difficult.

Crazy thing is that, over the last couple of days, I've been thinking to myself just how much, I'm "unqualified" to raise and nurture another human being. I'm definitely accomplishing my goals in college, but DAMN, having kids is serious WORK and i don't know if I'm "fit" for that--so you can imagine the awe that I have when I hear that so and so already has this many kids, with nothing but a HS diploma to rely on (I'm assuming)...

whats makes it worse is when she was the holier than thou chick in HS , on the "book" with pics of her two kids, no pics of said father
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

whats makes it worse is when she was the holier than thou chick in HS , on the "book" with pics of her two kids, no pics of said father
laugh.gif
grin.gif

all the girls i knew weren't on no holy stuff...they were def. gettin it in back then too...i remember one girl had a bf in 10th grade when we were in7th...i always wondered how her mother let that happen...
grin.gif

another girl had pix of her and her BD all over facebook talking bout they been together since '02 when she dated one of my boys in like '05 for a goodyear...
laugh.gif

it is annoying .... especially with some chicks... I remember I was feeling some chick in HS, when I saw her I went in to give her a friendly hug and a kissand she just wasnt feeling that.. It was kinda embarrassing ...

I see some people I went to high school with while I'm working its usually just what up and keep it moving. Sometimes I hit them with the "what youbeen up to" if its slow or I'm really curious maybe I can get a hook up or a new job where there at you never know!
laugh.gif
. Today I ran into my boy I used to kick it with that had a car in high schoolwe used to go to lunch he has a 3 y/o now and we lost touch, he's working at LensCrafter's as the Manager so he can easily hook me up with a full-timejob with benefits
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Appreciation in this sense:

The best is seeing the guys who always used to chop on you and you were never cool with in HS.

Some of them were "doing it" and now they are failures with kids, dead-end retail/fast food jobs, and no future ambition.

"Damn Homie, back in HS you was the man homie....the $!%$ happened to you" - 50cent.

Like one of my friends told me in HS, "They call me a nerd today, but in 10-15 years these same guys will refer to be as Boss, Sir, or Doctor".

Dudes are working in retail and fast food jobs this summer while you're at a fortune 500 interning and now theywant to be your friend
laugh.gif
Success is the best revenge. I'm telling all my HS NTers this.
Hit the books in HS, go to a good college, do well and you will reap the fruits of your labor. Trust me. Very obvious advice, but people still choose not tofollow.

I get the feeling a lot of you were nerds or got picked on in HS.

I don't live in the same area so I never see any of my acquaintances from HS but if/when I do I know I wouldn't be as salty about it as some ofy'all are. It's kinda immature to me. So what you weren't bff's in HS. Sometimes is just cool to catch up and gauge/evaluate how your liveshave transpired since you graduated. Whether we were close or not then is irrelevant to me.

yea...not a fan of that at all...it's weird too cuz it's not even like a big deal, but for some reason everybody hates it
laugh.gif

and uhh, i hope i don't ever run into you in the streets brother...that would be effed up.

Back
Top Bottom