***Seeing people from high-school Unnappreciation***

Am I the only one who HATES THIS WITH A PASSION? Everytime I go out and see someone from highschool it is always MAD awkward, my boys swear up and down Imtrippin, and the only one who can't stand this, but I can't be the only one....Like really I have a list that could go on for days.

1. One person is ALWAYS more happy to see the other person.( depressing either way, if you are the person who is more happy you feel down that they obviouslydidn't miss you as much, and if you are the person who is less excited (my category) you wonder why you don't miss them like you should) DEPRESSING

2. You never remember if you left on good terms or not. (this more so applies to women, but I have gotten in several skirmishes over things I thought weresettled WAY BEFORE
laugh.gif

3. The infamous "What are you up to" Neither of us care what the other is doing, (atleast I don't) yet this question is ALWAYS asked, I alwayssay Im gonna BS this question next time I hear it (HEY ______ what you been up to?..... Ah you know the usual got casted on the real world, went on a triparound the world)

4. Kind of a take off on 3, but there is always awkward silence, when I tell them I'm in college, and I ask what they are up to, and they say uhhh I amuhhh working at IKEA right now ya know assistant manager....

5. The entire We weren't cool in highschool but now that we are out of highschool we MUST say hello??? DID I MISS THIS MEMO?
laugh.gif

I'll end the reading here, I hope it didn't fall on deaf ears.

We must be boys then b/c some of mine act weird like that. Like we'll see someone from school and I'll say what up and give a dap and keep it movingand they'll act like they didn't even see the other person
laugh.gif
It's really not that serious

I avoid them for the simple fact we weren't cool then, and I couldn't care less now about their life. But these people continue to feel the need torequest me as a friend on Facebook.

I feel you on 3, 4, and 5. And it's all the people that I associated with in high school, not friends. My friends from High School are still my friends.

It's funny this happen to me like 3 months ago. I met a fellow classmate, and dude was acting all like " Let me get your number and lets kick it, youknow so and so is having a baby, we need to catch up. " Right, when dude did this, I knew it was all BS.

We ended up talking more about the past then we did with our futures. Plus I don't like talking to people in detail about my goals unless you really have apart of being in it. So I gave dude my number, weeks pass and no call, so I deleted it. I guess it has to do more with the present and who you associate withnow that counts. I like meeting new people, but if you gonna BS then I ain't got time to waste with you.

What up Aaron.................and yeah def unappreciated......i didnt eff with you then why am i gonna eff with you now

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I avoid them for the simple fact we weren't cool then, and I couldn't care less now about their life. But these people continue to feel the need to request me as a friend on Facebook.

hahahaha, this one gay dude that was in my AP class in high school ask me if I can add him on my Facebook. The thing is me and him never even associated witheach other. I don't have a problem with you being gay, but I don't even know you, so I'm not gonna fake the funk and just add you cause we went tothe same class. I don't know how people really consider people friends, but I have to kick it with you, and have a sense of who you are. And then I gotthis one old classmate that I added cause I did know him from high school pretty well. Now, this dude is always trying to ask me if I want to get on with hisstupid pyramid schemes.
roll.gif
I'm done with trying to meet people fromthe past.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I avoid them for the simple fact we weren't cool then, and I couldn't care less now about their life. But these people continue to feel the need to request me as a friend on Facebook.

yep, well said.

I cant lie though when I do cross paths with people from my grad. class its pretty funny..............they either like
eek.gif
, an askin me a million questions actin really cool but back then we was justassociates, then usually the females be like
embarassed.gif
is that who i thinkit is?? I'll just give a
wink.gif

the most crazy thing to me about seein old class mates or friends is how they change appearance wise. chicks had kids, dudes be lookin way older, style changesetc.

Originally Posted by T11Time

What up Aaron.................and yeah def unappreciated......i didnt eff with you then why am i gonna eff with you now

laugh.gif
what up Francis
pimp.gif
hope all is well

Awkward. Hate the people that try to talk to me like we were cool in HS. Head nod if anything keep it moving.

I always accept those types on facebook to be nice but hope they don't write me anything.

I can't stand this, and it's all kids that like I wasn't really freinds with in high school but I had a class or two with them and we sat near eachother. The conversation is mad akward, I could care less what they have to say. And then when they pull the give me your number crap I'm always thinkingyou didn't have my number 4 years ago when we talked to each other, we havn't seen each other for the last 4 years, what makes you think we should be"bff's" now????

There is a best buy in my town and I swear every kid I went to HS with works there. When I go to best buy my goal is to get in and out in less than 5 mins, Ilove when they put new CD releases up front.

I just graduated HS but I still don't want to see a bunch of ppl again(mainly dudes).
But I wouldn't running into some of the females...

wow, I guess this is a bigger epidemic than I thought?
laugh.gif
I guess it ISthat serious

Originally Posted by kix4kix

2. You never remember if you left on good terms or not. (this more so applies to women, but I have gotten in several skirmishes over things I thought were settled WAY BEFORE
laugh.gif

Were you dude in the FBI skully?

It definitely is mad awkward...
laugh.gif

I went to an urban public high school so I've heard stories about so and so getting pregnant by so and so. I have "friends" that already have 3kids, just found this out recently and I was seriously shocked. I honestly began to think to myself how I made it this far, coming from the environment i camefrom, without having a kid. I suppose in reality, it was a combination of being focused in school, always playing sports, and me YNSing...
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

And for the dudes, it's always funny seeing that "official" dude back in the day doing it big working at (insert department store). There'sabsolutely nothing wrong with that but at times, i feel like WE (my people/generation) are capable of soooooooo much more if the focus and determination werethere--something that, ironically enough, I've been desperately trying to find in the past few semesters in college.

To be honest, those of us that have made it this far (college and above), believe it or not, did so because we HAD HELP from SOMEONE WHO CARED about ourfuture--whether it be parents, grandparents, some other close kin, or guidance counselors. The point is we had help. From what I've noticed, the same couldnot be said for many of my h.s peers. So in this sense, as awkward as it me be, I try not to belittle their "accomplishments" or look down on them.I've been lucky, and that luck has the potential to run out at any given moment...

i'm still in HS and it's awkward seeing people outside of it, especially if i'm with my parents.

Back
Top Bottom