Seeing the Yankees "struggle" Appreciation....

And by "struggle," I mean not playing up to Yankee "standards." Let's face it, if the Yankees are not playing/winning in the WorldSeries then the season was a failure. It's just the nature of the beast. It's a proud franchise, but most of the moves that they have made via freeagency, trades, etc haven't worked out as far as reaching their ultimate goal (I can see parallels between the Yanks and ******** in that regard).

I'm an O's fan, so I'm sure people are gonna come at me saying I have no room to talk. I'm sure the Yankees 20+ WS championships will bebrought up in this thread. But lets talk about the state of the franchise since their LAST WS win...not playoffs appearance, because like I said before, ifyou're not winning a WS title, the season is a failure to Yankees fans. Honestly, things have been on a downward spiral (IMO) for a little bit of time. They are an OLD, over-the-hill ball club with no young guns in the system. Is Phil Hughes STILL the savior? Seems like he's been hyped up for the past10-15 years
laugh.gif
. I'm no Red Sox fan, an in some regards I am sure people look at them in the same way as the Yankees. However, they have good youngplayers in the system, and have developed a culture of winning in both the regular season and post season. I just love the fact that it seems like the Yankeesare in the rear-view of teams like the Red Sox, last years Rays, and other teams around the AL....who knows...maybe they'll figure "it" out andtheir fortunes will change, but for now, I love it.

you just mad cause everytime u try to go to Camden there are mad yankee fans, even when they aint playing

It's frustrating as a fan when management continues to move in a direction you disagree with. I'm sure I'm not the only Yankees fan who wisheswe'd try to develop our own talent and build a team rather than try to piece together expensive free agents year after year.

Nothing I can do about it, besides keep rooting for them and hope it clicks at some point.

Yeah, the new stadium caters too much to the rich. Anything for the fans was an afterthought.

You can thank the rich scumbags, Lonn Trost and Randy Levine, for much of the nonsense.

Heck, even if those who work for YES (Paul O'Neill, Ken Singleton) have been harassed by Stadium security.
smh.gif

I really don't understand why they went away from the model they used in the mid 90's.

Bringing up their own kids in Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Bernie, Petitte, mixing in solid vets with Tino and Oneil and Wettland.

And they were plenty successful, why go into just wild spending sprees and forsaking their farm system completely? Obviously I understand that the youngtalent will eventually dry up a bit, but all they woulda had to do was trade a guy here or there, replenish the system a little and try to bring up a new batchof young kids.

I just never got that about them.

If you are a fan of another team (in your case, the O's), why does it bother you that the Yankees aren't playing to their potential, and finding theneed to make a thread about it. This goes for any fan (especially Met fans) of a team other than the Yankees.

Like, okay, they aren't playing well. Who gives a !++$ other than Yankee fans? Go worry about your own team not playing well.

I hate hearing this, especially from Met fans. I know they are playing well now, but still. I have friends who will constantly say "Yankees suck. They buytheir players" blah blah blah. Okay! WHY DOES THAT BOTHER YOU! I realize we aren't winning, and I'm a Yankee fan.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

f7c15b4d7365bafdcf8fde647040e94037ba557.pjpg
And A-Fraud / A-Roid
sick.gif

Since I'm not loyal to any team (no home team), I was always okay with the Yanks.. but as soon as they signed that chump, I knew it was going downhill..

Originally Posted by bkmac

If you are a fan of another team (in your case, the O's), why does it bother you that the Yankees aren't playing to their potential, and finding the need to make a thread about it. This goes for any fan (especially Met fans) of a team other than the Yankees.

Like, okay, they aren't playing well. Who gives a !++$ other than Yankee fans? Go worry about your own team not playing well.

I hate hearing this, especially from Met fans. I know they are playing well now, but still. I have friends who will constantly say "Yankees suck. They buy their players" blah blah blah. Okay! WHY DOES THAT BOTHER YOU! I realize we aren't winning, and I'm a Yankee fan.

Come on, you know the answers to all these questions you asked.

I know a lotta baseball fans that have nothing to do with the Yanks, or Sox or Mets, and they ALL hate the Yanks. One is jealousy, and the other is they allfeel the Yanks abuse the system, buy players from teams that can't or won't pay for them, and just wait for the Yanks to pull out their wallets.

Imagine bein on the other side. Ya'll can't afford Jeter and some other team comes in and offers him triple what you do. You'd be pissed too,it's only natural.
laugh.gif

So when the Yanks buy all this talent, and all these players, and yet still can't win, then everyone is going to applaud that. They will enjoy that"their" way doesn't work and root for the underdog.

If the Yanks payroll was 80 million and you guys were out there with homegrown talent, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is today. You'll always havejealousy with the 26 titles and the legacy and what not, but it would be less then with a 200 million dollar payroll.

Originally Posted by bkmac

If you are a fan of another team (in your case, the O's), why does it bother you that the Yankees aren't playing to their potential, and finding the need to make a thread about it. This goes for any fan (especially Met fans) of a team other than the Yankees.

I hate hearing this, especially from Met fans. I know they are playing well now, but still. I have friends who will constantly say "Yankees suck. They buy their players" blah blah blah. Okay! WHY DOES THAT BOTHER YOU! I realize we aren't winning, and I'm a Yankee fan.

We're in the same division, and with the young talent that the O's have (on the roster and in their farm system), it won't be soon before long thatthe Yankees will be behind the birds....you guys have been on top, or near the top of the AL East for the past 10-15 years....I love the ineptness of Cashman,and the lack of direction that the team has....it's an old roster...the only two dudes worth a %+!+ are Joba and Robbie Cano...that being said, who knowsif they will be trade bait to try to land a "bigger" fish in the near future. Seeing them "fail" by their standards is great...

Come on, you know the answers to all these questions you asked.

I know a lotta baseball fans that have nothing to do with the Yanks, or Sox or Mets, and they ALL hate the Yanks. One is jealousy, and the other is they all feel the Yanks abuse the system, buy players from teams that can't or won't pay for them, and just wait for the Yanks to pull out their wallets.

Imagine bein on the other side. Ya'll can't afford Jeter and some other team comes in and offers him triple what you do. You'd be pissed too, it's only natural.
laugh.gif

So when the Yanks buy all this talent, and all these players, and yet still can't win, then everyone is going to applaud that. They will enjoy that "their" way doesn't work and root for the underdog.

If the Yanks payroll was 80 million and you guys were out there with homegrown talent, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is today. You'll always have jealousy with the 26 titles and the legacy and what not, but it would be less then with a 200 million dollar payroll.

well put, CP.

Problem with the Yankees is there's no substance. Everybody go there to play for the "YANKEES" and get rich quick. Nobody there cares aboutwinning cause if they did, they wouldn't play there. Terrible farm system, terrible starting pitching, terrible bullpen, old leaders who aren't goodanymore, and over priced and hyped free agent acquisitions. Doesn't sound like a team set-up to win to me. Makes my day when I see them lose, cause theyare the devil of baseball.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Problem with the Yankees is there's no substance. Everybody go there to play for the "YANKEES" and get rich quick. Nobody there cares about winning cause if they did, they wouldn't play there. Terrible farm system, terrible starting pitching, terrible bullpen, old leaders who aren't good anymore, and over priced and hyped free agent acquisitions. Doesn't sound like a team set-up to win to me. Makes my day when I see them lose, cause they are the devil of baseball.

I agree with this guy...That's on point my man. Money can't buy Championships!

Originally Posted by CP1708

I really don't understand why they went away from the model they used in the mid 90's.

Bringing up their own kids in Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Bernie, Petitte, mixing in solid vets with Tino and Oneil and Wettland.

And they were plenty successful, why go into just wild spending sprees and forsaking their farm system completely? Obviously I understand that the young talent will eventually dry up a bit, but all they woulda had to do was trade a guy here or there, replenish the system a little and try to bring up a new batch of young kids.

I just never got that about them.
Gene Michael, who was the GM in the early '90s, seemed to have a better eye for talent and a better ability to build a team than Cashman does. Most of those guys you mentioned were players he drafted.

But George Steinbrenner had a much bigger say in things in the past. Those awful signings of Sheffield and Randy Johnson were his ideas.
sick.gif

Cashman has made some decent trades but Epstein and the Sox have really exposed him in recent years.

I think the Yankees have finally realized that throwing money at players past their prime doesn't work anymore. It's just that they figured it out toolate.

Back
Top Bottom