Sega Genesis Mini - 9/19/19 - $79.99 - 42 Games

how many mini Genesis systems are there? they drop em every year during xmas and i see em in CVS pharmacy...

This one is supposed to be lots better with the video quality, audio and games added. Zero relation to the company ATGames which used to manufacture those crappy ones from CVS. This one is actually attached and endorsed by SEGA.

This one is supposed to be lots better with the video quality, audio and games added. Zero relation to the company ATGames which used to manufacture those crappy ones from CVS. This one is actually attached and endorsed by SEGA.
:lol: being attached and endorsed by sega
Doesn’t make it more appealing imo

:lol: being attached and endorsed by sega
Doesn’t make it more appealing imo

Not to the casual buyer but to those who have used those atgames consoles it does. No more crappy audio/video or those awful made up knock off games included. What should be appealing to regulars is that the controllers are tight like the og and that the games are better.

The audio delay really is a bummer, but apparently emulating the sound of the OG Genesis is no easy task. Guess I'll save my money unless it goes on discount.

The audio delay really is a bummer, but apparently emulating the sound of the OG Genesis is no easy task. Guess I'll save my money unless it goes on discount.

Would be foolish to pay MSRP on these retro joints. The 'retro' fad has eased off and SEGA's late to the party.

Damn. Guess I'll wait around Christmas to buy it to then..

I'll look to buying the NES mini then.

So it sucks? And not up to par with the nes/snes mini in terms of sound and video quality?

Didn’t watch the videos

joe billionaire joe billionaire Nah the unit's on point. Those 'My Life in Gaming' cats are wayyy too hardcore and tend to be nitpicky as hell. His audio comments were way overblown.

I have an OSSC with an original Sega Genesis Model 1. Joint is borderline 30 years old and while it works perfectly there is guaranteed to be some deterioration with capacitors, components, etc... It's hard to say if the sound generated by 'original' hardware in 2019 is accurate due to its overall age at this point.

The 'Modern Vintage Gamer' is heavy on the emulation scene so his preview is on point and he didn't have criticisms.

That said I would wait for a slight markdown on the joint. If it does indeed fly out of shelves then SEGA will probably get M2 to update the software with a second production batch. Nintendo updated their emulator with the SNES Mini and the second production run of the NES Mini.

if its a good system i dont mind paying the retail... snes and nes were pretty good and even better with emulation... it was much easier than the ps classic... ill wait for the genesis to go on sale though like the ps classic

Shaq-Fu-Sega-Genesis-Video-Game-No-Manual.jpg

I picked it up this morning. Going to hook it up and play it when I get home. Probably could’ve held out and got it for less. But I wanted it for nostalgia purposes and didn’t feel like waiting.

Back
Top Bottom