Seinfeld Vs. The Office Vol. Kramer/Michael Scott

Originally Posted by D0nny Donowitz

Dwight or Andy>Any Seinfeld character. The Office.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

A good question to ask would be how old some NTers are in this thread. Given a good portion of NTers were too young to see Seinfeld in its prime. (Their syndicated x times a day yeah, but their run was phenomenal).

I love the Office, but Michael Scott (like all Office characters) is hit or miss from episode-to-episode. Seinfeld on the other hand was comedic genius. Kramer/Seinfeld over Scott/The Office hands down.

Seinfeld is the greatest show ever! So I'm siding with Kramer. I like The Office and used to really, really like it, but I find seasons 5 and 6 a bit annoying. 
Yes, it is true, The Office does try too hard. Seinfeld's comedy is more subtle. 

seinfeld, easily. i started to hate the office when jim and pam stared dating/got married and became dbags.

Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

Originally Posted by swooshman23

Are you serious? Is there any comparison? I'd take Michael Scott (thats what she said)
This is a serious debate and you are on the wrong side of it.

I love The Office, but Michael Richards' Kramer is genius.

Sorry buddy. The wrong side would be the losing side. And you must be blind.

Are you serious? Is there any comparison? I'd take Michael Scott (thats what she said)

I love The Office, but Michael Gary Scott is genius.

fixed

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Michael Scott has a better supporting cast.

are you kidding me? Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus?

I love both shows but recently the Office has fallen off. Seinfeld has never had a bad season imo.

Kramer > Michael Scott

Kramer has been funny since day 1, and even when Larry David left Seinfeld and the show got more outrageous than before, he was still hilarious consistently.

Michael Scott went from being a believable idiot and funny, with inappropriate jokes and awkward moments, to driving his car into a lake because his GPS told him to and other painfully unfunny jokes and moments.

Plus the characters are far different.. Michael is the main focus of the show, so he has to carry the story, with both the dramatic elements and comedy, whereas Kramer can simply be the funny/zany character without needing much else.

Michael Scott has been more annoying than funny recently too. The whole dumping Pam's mom thing, the Christmas episode, Scott's Tots. Theyve made him into a giant annoying douce of a character. His old character was a man who was arrogant and ignorant but you knew inside he was still an effective boss.

Originally Posted by Swagger2Much4You

I love The Office, but Michael Gary Scott is genius.

fixed
Genius enough to "steal" a shows whole premise
grin.gif

The Office US + The Office UK doesn't even come close to Seinfeld
indifferent.gif

seinfeld is funny but i like the office. and michael richards is a racist so he is no longer funny to me. DWIGHT> kramer

i heard that seinfeld wasnt really crackin the first couple seasons...

is that true? i was a damn baby, then...

Well being that Seinfield isnt that funny

Ill go with Mike Scott

For laughs The Office >>> Seinfield

Seinfield is a better overall show though

I dont really even like Seinfeld all that much. And Kramers character is mad annoying to me. The whole idiot shtick with all his animated reactions kinda get on my nerves. I think Seinfeld is over rated and Larry got it right when he did Curb. My vote goes to the office.

Curb >>>>>>>>>> The Office tho

Seinfeld > Office

But,

1. Different types of humor (shows and characters)... Kramer's physical, whilst Scott's is dry

2. More of an argument = Seinfeld vs. UK Office

Back
Top Bottom