Seldom do I do this, but I could use advice. Yes, relationship advice.

Long story short, a friend and I started dating towards the beginning of the summer. We had known each other for a little bit, but we were both still dealing with issues from past relationships and it just worked out that way.

I'm no saint. I cheated in the beginning, but unlike other relationships, I couldn't do it again. The overwhelming sense of guilt I got from it was terrible, and instead of telling her the truth, I just kept my mouth shut and went on. As selfish as it sounds, I'm glad I did, because I've really grown to like this girl. Hell, I'm head over heels for her.

Over this past weekend she went on a trip to Milwaukee with some friends. One morning when I called, she sounded like she had just been bawling her eyes out, but she said she had been watching a romance movie and I didn't push the issue. She came forward yesterday and said it was because she ended up hooking up with some dude while drunk, and she said she couldn't go through with it, got up, and left. After she poured her heart out to me, I told her that I wasn't innocent either, and admitted what happened between me and the other girl.

After talking for a while she said that the experience made her realize how much she cared for me, and usually I'd just play it off like it was game, but the same feeling she described is the one I got after I did what I did. I spent the night, like a %@#@%$%, too.
smh.gif

So, I don't know what to do NT. What would you do?

Cliffs:
I cheated.
Girl cheated.
She tells me what happened, I tell her.
What now?

Long story short, a friend and I started dating towards the beginning of the summer. We had known each other for a little bit, but we were both still dealing with issues from past relationships and it just worked out that way.

I'm no saint. I cheated in the beginning, but unlike other relationships, I couldn't do it again. The overwhelming sense of guilt I got from it was terrible, and instead of telling her the truth, I just kept my mouth shut and went on. As selfish as it sounds, I'm glad I did, because I've really grown to like this girl. Hell, I'm head over heels for her.

Over this past weekend she went on a trip to Milwaukee with some friends. One morning when I called, she sounded like she had just been bawling her eyes out, but she said she had been watching a romance movie and I didn't push the issue. She came forward yesterday and said it was because she ended up hooking up with some dude while drunk, and she said she couldn't go through with it, got up, and left. After she poured her heart out to me, I told her that I wasn't innocent either, and admitted what happened between me and the other girl.

After talking for a while she said that the experience made her realize how much she cared for me, and usually I'd just play it off like it was game, but the same feeling she described is the one I got after I did what I did. I spent the night, like a %@#@%$%, too.
smh.gif

So, I don't know what to do NT. What would you do?

Cliffs:
I cheated.
Girl cheated.
She tells me what happened, I tell her.
What now?

You guys both cheated. Neither of you will ever forget so you might as well split up and move on. You will have nothing but problems in the future because of it. It will eventually be brought up in arguments.

You guys both cheated. Neither of you will ever forget so you might as well split up and move on. You will have nothing but problems in the future because of it. It will eventually be brought up in arguments.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

this

this

Hate to sound pessimistic but its really really really really hard to regain that trust.

Get ready for lock down.  You go out with the boys, she is hitting up your phone all night / stalking you on facebook.

Good luck though OP maybe love will reign supreme in this instance.....

Hate to sound pessimistic but its really really really really hard to regain that trust.

Get ready for lock down.  You go out with the boys, she is hitting up your phone all night / stalking you on facebook.

Good luck though OP maybe love will reign supreme in this instance.....

are you going to be able to trust her again? especially when drunk? is she going to be able to trust you? if not, end it now and dont waste any more time. personally i think the damage is done. trust > love.

are you going to be able to trust her again? especially when drunk? is she going to be able to trust you? if not, end it now and dont waste any more time. personally i think the damage is done. trust > love.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

That's the thing...I'm no stranger to cheating. The fact that she came forward about it without me pushing the issue says a lot. Especially since there was virtually no way I would have known otherwise. I'm unsure if I trust her, but in the past she's done nothing but been a good friend. Even before we started dating.

She says she trusts me, but those are only words. I'm not sure how I feel about the matter. And I know for a fact that you can still have feelings for someone after you've been unfaithful.

'Tis is why I'm at such a loss.
laugh.gif
x
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom